View Poll Results: Should the Confederate Flag be abolished?

Voters
186. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    55 29.57%
  • No

    131 70.43%
Page 114 of 270 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 2695

Thread: Confederate Flag[W:1518,2230, 2241]

  1. #1131
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    46,115

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    Is this supposed to somehow automagically justify the use of the confederate flag?

    And the north didn't abolish slavery because it wasn't economically viable. That's pure ignorance. They abolished slavery because (1) everyone knew free labor is exploitative (2) they were not economically dependent on it (it was 'easy' for them to change).
    Silly person. What makes you think ANYONE has to justify ANYTHING to you?

    1-You DO realize your second comment reinforced my comment...correct?
    2-I personally dont care if the good people of South Carolina choose to keep the flag or lower it. I grew up in the south. I grew up in the ugly south. That flag never represented slavery or racism to me. As to what it represents to you...I couldnt much give a ****.
    3-NO ONE should lower the flag because a bunch of cause driven ****heads in DC seized upon a tragedy to create a cause which they can exploit. This whole furor and uproar about the Confederate flag is pure horse****. The people of Charleston SC gave this country a BEAUTIFUL gift...and race baiting ****heads took a nice healthy dump on it. Rather than model the incredible grace and love of families and a community in mourning they couldnt wait to dance in the blood and stir up racial tensions. Now...ignorant ****s demand TV shows like the Dukes of Hazard get pulled from the TV (as if the show matters) and ignore the true diseases plaguing black Americans in every major city across this country. You worry about a flag ad cant seem to find your vocal chords when 83 people get shot over a 3 day weekend in Baltimore.

    Your cause doesnt impress me. It DOES sicken me.

  2. #1132
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,297

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    A piece of fabric on a pole =/= "bigotry."
    It is when it was famously used by hundreds of thousands of americans in defense of racial oppression via slavery.

  3. #1133
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,297

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Silly person. What makes you think ANYONE has to justify ANYTHING to you?

    1-You DO realize your second comment reinforced my comment...correct?
    2-I personally dont care if the good people of South Carolina choose to keep the flag or lower it. I grew up in the south. I grew up in the ugly south. That flag never represented slavery or racism to me. As to what it represents to you...I couldnt much give a ****.
    3-NO ONE should lower the flag because a bunch of cause driven ****heads in DC seized upon a tragedy to create a cause which they can exploit. This whole furor and uproar about the Confederate flag is pure horse****. The people of Charleston SC gave this country a BEAUTIFUL gift...and race baiting ****heads took a nice healthy dump on it. Rather than model the incredible grace and love of families and a community in mourning they couldnt wait to dance in the blood and stir up racial tensions. Now...ignorant ****s demand TV shows like the Dukes of Hazard get pulled from the TV (as if the show matters) and ignore the true diseases plaguing black Americans in every major city across this country. You worry about a flag ad cant seem to find your vocal chords when 83 people get shot over a 3 day weekend in Baltimore.

    Your cause doesnt impress me. It DOES sicken me.
    1- no it didn't. They abolished slavery because it was wrong. It was also easier for them, but that's only part of the picture.

    2- this particular brand of ignorant, inconsiderate arrogance is disturbing.

    3- i'm sorry, did Charleston suddenly turn into a ****hole when the flag went down? I mean, grow up, it's just a flag. You should be willing to leave it behind. It is a justifiably intimidating symbol to african americans. Proudly adorning the swastika on government buildings in Germany would be appalling for the same reason.

    Oh no!! Not dukes of hazard!! That show was only 98% terrible!!

    And people do also care about other issues facing black americans. Being intimidated by a flag raised on a public building is no longer one of them.

  4. #1134
    Sage


    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:13 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,029

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    A piece of fabric on a pole =/= "bigotry."
    No, but your avatar sure does.

  5. #1135
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 12:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    No, but your avatar sure does.
    No, not that either. lol


  6. #1136
    Repentless
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,597

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Slavery was practiced throughout history, around the globe, and in virtually every race. Times changed. People changed. The South also would have changed. The north practiced slavery. They stopped primarily because it was no longer economically viable. Just because the north didnt want the south to have slaves didnt mean the north wanted freed slaves there.

    point? Everyones history has a bit of stink on it. Relax.
    Relax lol. I never even implied much less said that anyones history was perfect.

    But as history shows the South went to war to keep slavery. Each State that tried to secede made it clear what their reasoning was in trying to secede. They wrote it down in the secession declarations and proclamations. The fact that US were making their own mistakes pertaining to slavery doesnt make it ok. Just like the fact that two wrongs dont make a right. You seem to be saying that because slavery was used in all parts of the world at different times in history that we should cut the long dead Confederates some slack. Well I am not going to cut them some slack nor am I going to cut neo-confederates any slack.

    The Confederates lost the Civil War end of story. But the USA being what it is protects the right of individuals to fly even a flag that represents slavery. There is no right to fly a Confederate flag on government property be it federal, State or local. If the business world wants to stop selling/using confederate flags that is their liberty.

  7. #1137
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    46,115

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    Relax lol. I never even implied much less said that anyones history was perfect.

    But as history shows the South went to war to keep slavery. Each State that tried to secede made it clear what their reasoning was in trying to secede. They wrote it down in the secession declarations and proclamations. The fact that US were making their own mistakes pertaining to slavery doesnt make it ok. Just like the fact that two wrongs dont make a right. You seem to be saying that because slavery was used in all parts of the world at different times in history that we should cut the long dead Confederates some slack. Well I am not going to cut them some slack nor am I going to cut neo-confederates any slack.

    The Confederates lost the Civil War end of story. But the USA being what it is protects the right of individuals to fly even a flag that represents slavery. There is no right to fly a Confederate flag on government property be it federal, State or local. If the business world wants to stop selling/using confederate flags that is their liberty.
    You keep going back to that illogical leap that says since there are overall 'other' considerations, it must therefore mean it is OK or that people are 'defending' slavery.
    The flag does not represent 'slavery'. You can make it MEAN slavery if you like, but that is not what it means to the vast majority of people that grew up with it as parts of our lives. IF the people of any state wish to choose to stop flying the flag at their state buildings then that should be the choice they make and they should do it for the right reasons and NOT because a bunch of race bating morons from DC have created this 'cause' to stir **** up with. WHen you look across the country at the problems black America faces and you come to the conclusion that what you REALLY need to get spun up over is a flag and a TV show...that speaks volumes about you.

  8. #1138
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    46,115

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    1- no it didn't. They abolished slavery because it was wrong. It was also easier for them, but that's only part of the picture.

    2- this particular brand of ignorant, inconsiderate arrogance is disturbing.

    3- i'm sorry, did Charleston suddenly turn into a ****hole when the flag went down? I mean, grow up, it's just a flag. You should be willing to leave it behind. It is a justifiably intimidating symbol to african americans. Proudly adorning the swastika on government buildings in Germany would be appalling for the same reason.

    Oh no!! Not dukes of hazard!! That show was only 98% terrible!!

    And people do also care about other issues facing black americans. Being intimidated by a flag raised on a public building is no longer one of them.
    1-yes...it did. I said they stood against slavery because to the northern states slavery was no longer economically viable. You said "nu uh...it was EASY for the to change because they were no longer economically dependent.
    2-You folk use a lot of words that are 'disturbing'. For example...its 'disturbing to me that people like are tripping over yourself rushing to attack the flag, yet every post you have made since coming here is essentially a 1 line democrat talking points memo and you have not ONCE commented on the plight of Black America or what should be done in the black communities, bu black community leaders or too the perpetrators of crimes.
    3-Im sorry...did you just say its 'just a flag'?
    Doesnt matter if it was 100% terrible...the fact is people vented their little spleens on such a show, yet meanwhile they ignore Red Eye Chicago.
    And sorry...but no...you dont care about other issues facing black Americans. Black lives dont matter to you. Just the ones you can exploit. That is made evident by what you choose to post on and speak on.

  9. #1139
    u mad, snowflake?
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    TITANPOINTE, NYC
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 12:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    68,609

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by digitusmedius View Post
    There are two different statements at play here. First was your unsupported claim that mere possession of the flag was what led to the beat down.
    I never actually claimed that, I simply posed a question you for some odd reason won't answer. So I must assume in your need to be and to force others to be politically correct, the answer is "yes".

    My sarcastic question response to that was the one which mentioned the word "hugs" but never claimed you used that word. Now you're trying to weasel out trying to portray this as an unprovoked attack by making yet another false claim that I indicated you, or someone, said "hugs." This is not my first rodeo with feckless rightwingers. And you're not the first of the last that has tried and failed to slither way from his/her baseless claims.
    U mad, bro?


    I asked you a question, and now all you have is insults.... it's not polite to insult your betters.


    Now, will you be answering the question, I am assuming it's "yes" but you would expect others to hand out the beat downs, MIRITE?


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  10. #1140
    u mad, snowflake?
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    TITANPOINTE, NYC
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 12:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    68,609

    Re: Confederate Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by digitusmedius View Post
    What's with you and running away from your comment about "mere possession?" And what's with "lol?" Are you in middle school?


    Nah bro, I got a masters degree.


    You?


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •