I think a lot of people have seen it, or heard parts of it, but it is out there, coming down the escalator, with rocking in the free world blasting (without permission, from a Canadian who supports Bernie Sanders), comes the Donald.
Here are some of the beauties from that speech:
Isn't it heartwarming to know that at least, or so he assumes a few Mexicans that come to the US are "good people", he does not know but he assumes.When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.
Can you say bye bye Latino vote? And his birther status will make him unlikely to attract a lot of African American voters.
Here is what he had to say too:
Mr. Trump, you mean your buddies? Your fellow job creators? Mr. Trump is a special interest IMO, a man who want to buy power (which is what special interest is) for what he thinks is the right thing to happen.They will never make America great again. They don’t even have a chance. They’re controlled fully — they’re controlled fully by the lobbyists, by the donors, and by the special interests, fully.
So not only does he want to start a trade war with China (which is a no win solution) he wants the American people to pay 35% (or close to it) for their cars and parts. That is going to make him real popular with Ford and other car owners who also happen to have factories across the border.Let me give you the bad news. Every car and every truck and every part manufactured in this plant that comes across the border, we’re going to charge you a 35-percent tax, and that tax is going to be paid simultaneously with the transaction, and that’s it.
And how is the Donald going to bring back jobs? Because if he starts trade wars with other countries, how does he think that brings back jobs? This coming from a man who wants to go back to Iraq and take oil from the Iraqi's because in Trump's mind, Iraq owes the US money.
But that's stealing, the guy thinks because the US "won the war" the US has the right to all the Iraqi's natural resources.
A man who complains that China is taking US jobs, and then lets his clothing brand be produced IN CHINA!!!!!
A man who is so loving of his own accomplishments that he needed to give his exact net worth to the listening public.
And the Trump was standing there and was telling totally untrue statements to the public. He had a huge company of accountants working for him, preparing his filing with the government and tallying up his "net worth".
If he had that many people, could he have hired 1 or 2 to check facts before he was going to make them public?
Here are just a few of the "false" information he had to bring to the public:
- Trump claimed that economic growth has “never” been below zero until last quarter’s drop, which is far from true. It has been below zero 42 times since 1946.
- He said “there are no jobs” to be had. In fact, there were 5.4 million job openings recorded at the end of April, the most in 15 years.
- He said the “real” unemployment rate is “anywhere from 18 to 20 percent” and “maybe even 21 percent.” We see no factual basis for this opinion.
- He boasted he would have blocked new Ford plants in Mexico by threatening to impose a 35 percent tax on vehicles and parts made in Mexico and shipped to the U.S. But only Congress can impose taxes and such a tax would violate the North American Free Trade Agreement.
- Trump claimed the five Taliban leaders exchanged for Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl “are now back on the battlefield trying to kill us.” But all five remain in Qatar, where they continue to be monitored and are subject to a travel ban, according to the State Department.
- He also made the misleading claim that health care premium costs are going “up 29, 39, 49 and even 55 percent.” He’s talking about some proposed rate increases on the individual market that still need regulatory approval. There are also proposed rate decreases or single-digit increases that did not have to be submitted for review.
- He said there are no chevy's in Japan, not true, there are some. But if you produce left hand drive models for a right hand drive country, your sales are not going to be that spectacular.
- The Donald stated that ISIL had built a luxury hotel in Syria. Not true, they stole a hotel in Iraq which they are now using as luxury barracks, not a hotel.
And lastly, for the people who want to read the Donald's whole speech, you can find a transcript here Donald Trump Transcript: ‘Our Country Needs a Truly Great Leader’ - Washington Wire - WSJ