View Poll Results: Are "Suburban American Women" Conservative or Liberal Voters?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • American Suburban Women are Conservative Voters

    3 33.33%
  • American Suburban Women are Liberal Voters

    6 66.67%
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 130

Thread: Are "Suburban American Women" Conservative or Liberal Voters?[W:29]

  1. #61
    Advisor Nursmate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Last Seen
    12-09-16 @ 10:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    396

    Re: Are "Suburban American Women" Conservative or Liberal Voters?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    The simplest way to look at it is ppl who feel like they can't hack it on their own, people who need "help" and a crutch typically vote democrat.

    People who believe in being self sufficient, people who are confident in their own abilities and who don't require handouts tend to vote Republican.

    Married women are more Republican than unmarried women because they have a husband to take care of them, ie they don't need the government as much.

    Your more vulnerable groups....unmarried women, minorities, poor folks, etc....they tend to be your democratic voters.

    That's a rule of thumb. Of course there are ideologs who diverge from this model
    That is a pretty interesting theory you have there... Voters can change their mind right in the voting box. So where would you classify a liberal leaning woman, who is married, educated to the terminal degree, earns 6 figures a year by working 6 days a week, white, and doesn't need anyone to take care of them and is married based on love not need. Does she fit into a pretty little box?

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Are "Suburban American Women" Conservative or Liberal Voters?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    So people looking for a handout vote Democrat? People who work don't? I don't really lean either way, so don't take it as a liberal jumping defensively here, but where do you come up with this crap?
    I could prove it to you but it probably wouldn't be worth the effort.

    Democrats offer more handouts, so those who are attracted to said handouts are typically going to lean Democrat. Conversely, Repubs don't offer as many handouts. So people who don't need those handouts would be the ones to vote Republican.

    People tend to vote out of self interest

  3. #63
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    12-30-16 @ 05:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,932

    Re: Are "Suburban American Women" Conservative or Liberal Voters?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nursmate View Post
    That is a pretty interesting theory you have there... Voters can change their mind right in the voting box. So where would you classify a liberal leaning woman, who is married, educated to the terminal degree, earns 6 figures a year by working 6 days a week, white, and doesn't need anyone to take care of them and is married based on love not need. Does she fit into a pretty little box?
    Clearly she is looking for a handout and relying on her husband to support her.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  4. #64
    Advisor Nursmate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Last Seen
    12-09-16 @ 10:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    396

    Re: Are "Suburban American Women" Conservative or Liberal Voters?

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
    Ok. Then explain why younger women are overwhelmingly Democrats despite making not only good money, but making considerably more than their male counterparts, and even married women maintain a Democratic lean. That seems to blow your theory out of the water. I mean, you are aware women can have their own incomes now, right? What do they need men for, financially speaking? Most of my gen is making better money than our male peers, and a lot of us have no intention of stopping and sitting at home. When we date or marry, it's sure as hell not for grocery money.

    Maybe it's just that women don't care for all the misogynist nonsense Republicans are always spewing? Dunno. That's what my woman-brain is inclined to think, anyway, what with their grossly permissive rape remarks, attacks on all forms of female reproductive healthcare, and hostility towards working women in general. But I suppose they seem overly progressive to you, so you probably don't notice. The mere existence of women in the public world seems to bother you, much less when they compete with you.

    Nope, no complex going on with you, none at all...
    Too bad I couldn't give you a like!!

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Are "Suburban American Women" Conservative or Liberal Voters?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nursmate View Post
    That is a pretty interesting theory you have there... Voters can change their mind right in the voting box. So where would you classify a liberal leaning woman, who is married, educated to the terminal degree, earns 6 figures a year by working 6 days a week, white, and doesn't need anyone to take care of them and is married based on love not need. Does she fit into a pretty little box?
    You already said she was a liberal.

    Outliers exist....I'm talking averages here.

    White, wealthy males over the age of 65 tend to vote Republican. Doesn't mean I can't point out some outliers, just pointing out a tendency.

  6. #66
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    12-30-16 @ 05:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,932

    Re: Are "Suburban American Women" Conservative or Liberal Voters?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    I could prove it to you but it probably wouldn't be worth the effort.

    Democrats offer more handouts, so those who are attracted to said handouts are typically going to lean Democrat. Conversely, Repubs don't offer as many handouts. So people who don't need those handouts would be the ones to vote Republican.

    People tend to vote out of self interest
    By your wording above Democrats believe in compassion and helping thier fellow man. And Republicans don't. Which I find funny since Republicans tend to have more of a religious lean, and most religious teach and preach generosity and compassion.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Are "Suburban American Women" Conservative or Liberal Voters?

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
    Ok. Then explain why younger women are overwhelmingly Democrats despite making not only good money, but making considerably more than their male counterparts, and even married women maintain a Democratic lean. That seems to blow your theory out of the water. I mean, you are aware women can have their own incomes now, right? What do they need men for, financially speaking? Most of my gen is making better money than our male peers, and a lot of us have no intention of stopping and sitting at home. When we date or marry, it's sure as hell not for grocery money.

    Maybe it's just that women don't care for all the misogynist nonsense Republicans are always spewing? Dunno. That's what my woman-brain is inclined to think, anyway, what with their grossly permissive rape remarks, attacks on all forms of female reproductive healthcare, and hostility towards working women in general. But I suppose they seem overly progressive to you, so you probably don't notice. The mere existence of women in the public world seems to bother you, much less when they compete with you.

    Nope, no complex going on with you, none at all...
    Now now.

    First of all, women don't earn as much as men. Otherwise, you wouldn't hear all this "equal pay" movement nonsense. I believe, and this is my man memory at work here ie I'd have to look it up, women are pulling in around 75 percent what men are.

    Anyways, you're asking me to rationalize the erratic behavior of young people. Worse yet, you're asking me to rationalize the behavior of emotional young women. It can't be done, because most of them aren't rational by nature.

    Young people and women vote for stupid emotional things like social issues....while more rational and wise people vote with their wallets.

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Are "Suburban American Women" Conservative or Liberal Voters?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    By your wording above Democrats believe in compassion and helping thier fellow man. And Republicans don't. Which I find funny since Republicans tend to have more of a religious lean, and most religious teach and preach generosity and compassion.
    It's easy to be charitable when you're spending someone else's money

  9. #69
    Sage
    Chagos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    in expatria
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    9,546

    Re: Are "Suburban American Women" Conservative or Liberal Voters?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    ............................ since Republicans tend to have more of a religious lean, and most religious teach and preach generosity and compassion.
    Preaching and teaching doesn't hack a darn thing.


  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Are "Suburban American Women" Conservative or Liberal Voters?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nursmate View Post
    Too bad I couldn't give you a like!!
    You just hit the little "like" button in the bottom corner.

    I'll do it for you, in case you need a man's help

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •