View Poll Results: Would this solve the illegal immigration issue?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    2 10.53%
  • no

    15 78.95%
  • maybe

    2 10.53%
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 131

Thread: Would this solve the illegal immigration issue?

  1. #1
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 03:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Would this solve the illegal immigration issue?

    yes, no, maybe


    Make it a capital crime to employ undocumented workers/ immigrants.


  2. #2
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 02:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Would this solve the illegal immigration issue?

    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    yes, no, maybe


    Make it a capital crime to employ undocumented workers/ immigrants.

    That would be cruel and unusual punishment so it would be unconstitutional.


  3. #3
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 03:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: Would this solve the illegal immigration issue?

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    That would be cruel and unusual punishment so it would be unconstitutional.

    desperate times......

  4. #4
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 02:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Would this solve the illegal immigration issue?

    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    desperate times......
    What?


  5. #5
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 03:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: Would this solve the illegal immigration issue?

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    What?
    Was a tongue in cheek comment based on the fact the issue still hasn't been resolved politically in the USA.

    Ignore the constitutionality.

    Imagine if that WERE the law.

    Would the problem disappear?

  6. #6
    Actually I am.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,388

    Re: Would this solve the illegal immigration issue?

    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    yes, no, maybe


    Make it a capital crime to employ undocumented workers/ immigrants.

    Would this solve the illegal immigration issue?-facepalm-l-3p9me7-jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by OrphanSlug
    Asking Sarah Palin to head up the Department of Education is like asking Hitler to head up a human rights advocacy group.

  7. #7
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    02-14-17 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,352

    Re: Would this solve the illegal immigration issue?

    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    yes, no, maybe


    Make it a capital crime to employ undocumented workers/ immigrants.

    Nope.

    #1 that is excessive

    #2 the super cheap labor is real tempting, too tempting for many AS IT SHOULD BE

    #3 let capitalism do its thing. If these guys outsource Americans in certain low skilled work jobs then whatever we should hire their ****ing asses
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

  8. #8
    Actually I am.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,388

    Re: Would this solve the illegal immigration issue?

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    Nope.

    #1 that is excessive

    #2 the super cheap labor is real tempting, too tempting for many AS IT SHOULD BE

    #3 let capitalism do its thing. If these guys outsource Americans in certain low skilled work jobs then whatever we should hire their ****ing asses
    Would certainly stop fast food workers from demanding $15 an hour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by OrphanSlug
    Asking Sarah Palin to head up the Department of Education is like asking Hitler to head up a human rights advocacy group.

  9. #9
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    02-14-17 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,352

    Re: Would this solve the illegal immigration issue?

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    Would certainly stop fast food workers from demanding $15 an hour.
    And those pimple faced burger flipping mother****ers who give us TERRIBLE customer service don't even deserve that wage. If the government didn't stick its nose in then their wage would rightly be something around ****ing 6-7 dollars an hour.
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

  10. #10
    Actually I am.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,388

    Re: Would this solve the illegal immigration issue?

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    And those pimple faced burger flipping mother****ers who give us TERRIBLE customer service don't even deserve that wage. If the government didn't stick its nose in then their wage would rightly be something around ****ing 6-7 dollars an hour.
    A lot of places still have a minimum wage of around $7-something an hour. I'm sorry that fast food workers can't support their families on minimum wage, but maybe they should have made better choices when they were younger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by OrphanSlug
    Asking Sarah Palin to head up the Department of Education is like asking Hitler to head up a human rights advocacy group.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •