View Poll Results: Which party values the middle class more?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Republican

    4 14.81%
  • Democrat

    8 29.63%
  • Libertarian

    3 11.11%
  • Communist

    2 7.41%
  • Other

    10 37.04%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Which Party values the middle class more?

  1. #11
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,204

    Re: Which Party values the middle class more?

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I voted "other" simply because neither one of them "care" about any class. They care about themselves, and getting votes, and gaining and keeping power.
    Greetings, tres borrachos.

    Tres, the only reason they put up with us is because we pay the bills in this Country - including their salaries and any perks they can dream up! How we got to this point I'm not sure, but here we are, like chickens waiting to be plucked! If there were longer terms, maybe ten years, where they couldn't blame their predecessors for everything, we'd all be better off, and it sure would eliminate any excuse making, since we'd know better, plus saving the tedium and expense of going through an election every few years. *I'm only being half jocular here, BTW!* :

  2. #12
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:37 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    32,866

    Re: Which Party values the middle class more?

    None.
    Roger Rabbit: Yeah. Check the probate. Why, my Uncle Thumper had a problem with HIS probate, and he had to take these big pills, and drink lots of water.

    Eddie Valiant: Not prostate, you idiot, PROBATE!

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    06-27-15 @ 04:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    2,191

    Re: Which Party values the middle class more?

    Middle class is really a minimum of 50k a year. Upper class is 100k a year or more. Lower class is anything under 40k a year.


    Most Americans are middle class or verging on being middle class (50k or near it a year).


    Many Republicans have the misconception that they are middle class when in fact if you're making 100k+ a year you are point in fact upper class or top 10% income nationally. What most Republicans do is insist they're middle class with their 100k+ incomes when the truth is they are upper class and refuse to accept that because they have a neighbor who makes 300k a year and they don't so they don't feel upper class even though they point in fact are.


    That said I do believe the Republican party is more pro middle class simply via its policy. Democratic policy helps the lower class (under 40k a year). It doesn't do anything for anybody else other than tax them harder.
    Last edited by Ryan5; 06-14-15 at 08:18 PM.

  4. #14
    Agitate Agitate! Agitate!
    d0gbreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,806

    Re: Which Party values the middle class more?

    The Democratic party of the USA!

    The best bet, everytime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Light View Post
    The systems that ensure freedom and liberty are breaking down and fundamentalism is growing. Nobody is righteous anymore.


  5. #15
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,408

    Re: Which Party values the middle class more?

    None of the above. The Democratic party is less bad than the Republican party. I have no idea who the "Democrat party" is other than an infantile strawman of the Right.

    So since you couldn't get this basic spelling right, I guess I'll give those Commie bastards a hand.
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton

  6. #16
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,944

    Re: Which Party values the middle class more?

    Quote Originally Posted by tarheel View Post
    Personally I think neither care about the middle class.

    The Left needs the poor to remain poor, to retain their vote.

    The Right needs the rich to remain rich, to retain their vote.

    We keep voting for these politicians. We keep getting lied to. They keep breaking their promises. Our national debt is still rising. It wouldn't surprise me that Independants are increasing in number because they're disillusioned with both Wings. Oh, and the attack ads are still ridiculously disgusting, petty, and dishonest.

    Why should we settle for voting for the lesser of two evils? Don't we deserve better than that? So no, I'm not voting, because both candidates tow their party lines while smearing their opposing party and lying to the fools who routinely vote them into office.


    There are three constants in North American politics, the right will press for deregulation, the left will press for some king of income leveling or "higher minimum wage" and both will leverage the "middle class" and neither will do either in a good way if done at all.

    The best first hand illustration I have is the 1970's when the mantra was "the small family farm" and protecting that aspect of the "middle class".

    And they both de-regulated (Jimmy Carter), added tax incentives (Jimmy Carter) and huge tax concessions (Canada and Jimmy Carter) while every jurisdiction in Canada de-regulated.

    And the changes were universal, applied to all. That's why we never see small family farms any more, big agra got richer and the small farmer had to sell.

    Please, do not ask any government to "help" the middle class, we are really tired of having to pay for our own KY jelly.
    "I will kill these people if I have to." Christopher Cantwell, White Nationalist leader, August 2017

  7. #17
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,811
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Which Party values the middle class more?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Cpusa
    CPUSA values the petty bourgeoisie?
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

  8. #18
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 11:48 AM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Which Party values the middle class more?

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    CPUSA values the petty bourgeoisie?
    Yes. So does Marxism in general.


  9. #19
    Boo.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,337

    Re: Which Party values the middle class more?

    Quote Originally Posted by tarheel View Post
    Personally I think neither care about the middle class.
    Then why didn't you offer "neither" as an option? Because that's how I was coming in to vote.

    And welcome to the board.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal
    After years of condemning Bill Clinton for being a rapist, Republicans apparently changed their minds about the whole thing and elected one of their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen
    Fox News knows their audience. Nuance and facts aren't why they tune in.



  10. #20
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,514

    Re: Which Party values the middle class more?

    Both.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •