View Poll Results: If we'd known the truth about Islam would we & should we have invaded Iraq?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Would we have invaded? Yes

    9 37.50%
  • Would we have invaded? No

    1 4.17%
  • Would we have invaded? Maybe

    1 4.17%
  • Would we have invaded? Other

    0 0%
  • SHOULD we have invaded? Yes

    4 16.67%
  • SHOULD we have invaded? No

    18 75.00%
  • SHOULD we have invaded? Maybe

    1 4.17%
  • SHOULD we have invaded? Other

    0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 302

Thread: If we'd known the truth about Islam would we & should we have invaded Iraq?

  1. #91
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,878

    Re: If we'd known the truth about Islam would we & should we have invaded Iraq?

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    Who are the "we" in the OP, and what is the "truth" that "we" were unaware of before invading Iraq?
    Appears someone has an agenda?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not once have I showed my dick to a woman and she thought it was creepy. In fact, in 100% of the cases, they were pretty excited about it. I don't know who you're showing your **** too.

  2. #92
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,555

    Re: If we'd known the truth about Islam would we & should we have invaded Iraq?

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    Wonder if those pages withheld from the 911 Investigation will ever see the light of day.
    Probably.

    But, then, ever is a very long time.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  3. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Last Seen
    07-19-15 @ 07:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    972

    Re: If we'd known the truth about Islam would we & should we have invaded Iraq?

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    some radical islamists just hate the US governments politically .That is all.
    No doubt about that.

    But what does Mohammed command of all Muslims?

  4. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Last Seen
    07-19-15 @ 07:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    972

    Re: If we'd known the truth about Islam would we & should we have invaded Iraq?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Yes, Iran/Iraq was once Persia. While Iran annexing Iraq may not be a great thing from the point of view of the west, it would be better than an Islamic state run by ISIS.

    and Saudi Arabia is really no different from what Iraq was, but we have to keep friendly relations with them because of the oil. Bin Laden and most of his cockroaches were Saudi, after all.
    Your argument reminds me of that held by two Muslims somewhere on TV somewhere in the Middle East on 9/11.

    And they were in a heated argument over the attacks.

    And not that one was pro Islam and one was pro America.

    No, no, no.

    One argued that the attacks were the best tactic and strategy to carry out Allah's commands to conquer all of mankind for Islam.

    The other argued that the global conquest was best done without violence as non violent Jihad would not awaken the sleeping giant.

    Iran is just as committed to global conquest as ISIS.

    They just differ in how to achieve that goal.

    Choose your poison.

  5. #95
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,878

    Re: If we'd known the truth about Islam would we & should we have invaded Iraq?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tazmanian Devil View Post
    Your argument reminds me of that held by two Muslims somewhere on TV somewhere in the Middle East on 9/11.

    And they were in a heated argument over the attacks.

    And not that one was pro Islam and one was pro America.

    No, no, no.

    One argued that the attacks were the best tactic and strategy to carry out Allah's commands to conquer all of mankind for Islam.

    The other argued that the global conquest was best done without violence as non violent Jihad would not awaken the sleeping giant.

    Iran is just as committed to global conquest as ISIS.

    They just differ in how to achieve that goal.

    Choose your poison.
    Iran, global conquest. Wow, thanks for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not once have I showed my dick to a woman and she thought it was creepy. In fact, in 100% of the cases, they were pretty excited about it. I don't know who you're showing your **** too.

  6. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Last Seen
    07-19-15 @ 07:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    972

    Re: If we'd known the truth about Islam would we & should we have invaded Iraq?

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    Who are the "we" in the OP, and what is the "truth" about Islam that "we" were unaware of before invading Iraq?
    The truth is that Kafirs, non Muslims, Infidels, are never the equal of Muslims.

    That we Kafirs, et al, are fighting against a deeply held and deeply entrenched religious ideology, culture and tradition.

    We would ONLY be able to assume that Middle Eastern Muslims would side with the West, the USA, the Coalition, the Kafirs and our abominable Western idea of Democracy (which doesn't exist in Islam**) through coercion, money and brute force.

    And the minute that $, influence and military power was removed (even after 100 years...See the example of Turkey) the region would revert back to it's traditional Islamism.

    In short, we could force our will on the people but if ever they were given the uninfluenced and free choice between freedom, Democracy and Liberty such as we know it and love it, vs the comforting restrictions of Islam, the people would overwhelmingly choose Islam.

    Why do you think the Iraqi Army fled in the face of ISIS forces?

    The Army soldiers KNEW they were fighting on the wrong side.

    Just as crooks know they are in the wrong when they are fleeing the police. Just as the Soviets knew Ronald Reagan was right when he called the USSR the "Evil Empire."

    In their hearts they know which side is right.

    And in the hearts of virtually ALL Middle Easterners they know in their hearts Islam is right and we are wrong.

    And with that understanding I don't think we would have or should have invaded such as we did.

    Other ways should have been employed.


    **
    To understand a civilisation it is important to understand its vocabulary.

    If it was not on their tongues it is likely that it was not on their minds either.

    There was no word in any of the Muslim languages for democracy until the 1890s. Even then the Greek word democracy entered Muslim languages with little change: democrasi in Persian, dimokraytiyah in Arabic, demokratio in Turkish.

    Democracy as the proverbial schoolboy would know is based on one fundamental principle: equality.

    The Greek word for equal isos is used in more than 200 compound nouns; including isoteos (equality) and Isologia (equal or free speech) and isonomia (equal treatment).

    But again we find no equivalent in any of the Muslim languages. The words we have such as barabari in Persian and sawiyah in Arabic mean juxtaposition or levelling.
    http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1138942/posts

    And we all know that equality is a foreign concept in Islam.

    Lest us return to the issue of equality.

    The idea is unacceptable to Islam.

    For the non-believer cannot be the equal of the believer.

    Even among the believers only those who subscribe to the three so-called Abrahamic religions: Judaism, Christianity and Islam ( Ahl el-Kitab) are regarded as fully human.

    Here is the hierarchy of human worth in Islam:

    At the summit are free male Muslims

    Next come Muslim male slaves

    Then come free Muslim women

    Next come Muslim slave women.

    Then come free Jewish and /or Christian men

    Then come slave Jewish and/or Christian men

    Then come slave Jewish and/or Christian women.

    Each category has rights that must be respected.

    The People of the Book have always been protected and relatively well-treated by Muslim rulers, but often in the context of a form of apartheid known as dhimmitude.

    The status of the rest of humanity, those whose faiths are not recognised by Islam or who have no faith at all, has never been spelled out although wherever Muslim rulers faced such communities they often treated them with a certain measure of tolerance and respect ( As in the case of Hindus under the Muslim dynasties of India.)

    Non-Muslims can, and have often been, treated with decency, but never as equals.

    (There is a hierarchy even for animals and plants. Seven animals and seven plants will assuredly go to heaven while seven others of each will end up in Hell.)

    Democracy means the rule of the demos, the common people, or what is now known as popular or national sovereignty.

    In Islam, however, power belongs only to God: al-hukm l'illah. The man who exercises that power on earth is known as Khalifat al-Allah, the regent of God.

    But even then the Khalifah or Caliph cannot act as legislator. The law has already been spelled out and fixed for ever by God.

    The only task that remains is its discovery, interpretation and application.
    Ibid.
    Last edited by Tazmanian Devil; 06-14-15 at 08:53 PM.

  7. #97
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,555

    Re: If we'd known the truth about Islam would we & should we have invaded Iraq?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tazmanian Devil View Post
    Your argument reminds me of that held by two Muslims somewhere on TV somewhere in the Middle East on 9/11.

    And they were in a heated argument over the attacks.

    And not that one was pro Islam and one was pro America.

    No, no, no.

    One argued that the attacks were the best tactic and strategy to carry out Allah's commands to conquer all of mankind for Islam.

    The other argued that the global conquest was best done without violence as non violent Jihad would not awaken the sleeping giant.

    Iran is just as committed to global conquest as ISIS.

    They just differ in how to achieve that goal.

    Choose your poison.
    I'll take the non violent poison, thank you.

    I really doubt that Iran has the ability to conquer the world for Islam. Maybe they can pray the Twelfth Imam into existence or something. That should keep them busy for a while.

    Meanwhile, let's keep on developing our own oil and researching ways to gain energy independence, so we can tell the Middle Easterners to go and pound sand. They have plenty of that as well.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  8. #98
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,878

    Re: If we'd known the truth about Islam would we & should we have invaded Iraq?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tazmanian Devil View Post
    The truth is that Kafirs, non Muslims, Infidels, are never the equal of Muslims.

    That we Kafirs, et al, are fighting against a deeply held and deeply entrenched religious ideology, culture and tradition.

    We would ONLY be able to assume that Middle Eastern Muslims would side with the West, the USA, the Coalition, the Kafirs and our abominable Western idea of Democracy (which doesn't exist in Islam**) through coercion, money and brute force.

    And the minute that $, influence and military power was removed (even after 100 years...See the example of Turkey) the region would revert back to it's traditional Islamism.

    In short, we could force our will on the people but if ever they were given the uninfluenced and free choice between freedom, Democracy and Liberty such as we know it and love it, vs the comforting restrictions of Islam, the people would overwhelmingly choose Islam.

    Why do you think the Iraqi Army fled in the face of ISIS forces?

    The Army soldiers KNEW they were fighting on the wrong side.

    Just as crooks know they are in the wrong when they are fleeing the police. Just as the Soviets knew Ronald Reagan was right when he called the USSR the "Evil Empire."

    In their hearts they know which side is right.

    And in the hearts of virtually ALL Middle Easterners they know in their hearts Islam is right and we are wrong.

    And with that understanding I don't think we would have or should have invaded such as we did.

    Other ways should have been employed.


    **

    Amir Taheri: "Islam Is Incompatible With Democracy"
    And what are your solutions to this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not once have I showed my dick to a woman and she thought it was creepy. In fact, in 100% of the cases, they were pretty excited about it. I don't know who you're showing your **** too.

  9. #99
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Last Seen
    07-19-15 @ 07:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    972

    Re: If we'd known the truth about Islam would we & should we have invaded Iraq?

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    And what are your solutions to this?
    I'm not the one with the answers to that.

    At least not yet.


  10. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Last Seen
    07-19-15 @ 07:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    972

    Re: If we'd known the truth about Islam would we & should we have invaded Iraq?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    I'll take the non violent poison, thank you.

    I really doubt that Iran has the ability to conquer the world for Islam. Maybe they can pray the Twelfth Imam into existence or something. That should keep them busy for a while.

    Meanwhile, let's keep on developing our own oil and researching ways to gain energy independence, so we can tell the Middle Easterners to go and pound sand. They have plenty of that as well.
    How do you know that termites can't eat your house from under you and from around you without doing an inspection of your house?

    You remain resistant to educating yourself about Islam.

    How can you look yourself in the mirror?

    How can you blithely spew ignorance and still pose as a credible pundit?



    They have taken over other countries using a minimum of violence. And others with violent and non violent jihad.

    And some by using the promise of Democratic rule only to abolish democracy once they achieved power.

    You are woefully uninformed.

    Please stop talking about things you have no idea about.

    Here is a rough analysis of how they have done it and are doing it elsewhere.

    http://www.americanthinker.com/artic..._of_islam.html
    Last edited by Tazmanian Devil; 06-14-15 at 09:14 PM.

Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •