View Poll Results: Do you believe George W Bush was a good president?

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    27 29.03%
  • No

    66 70.97%
Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 255

Thread: Do you believe Bush was a good president?

  1. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Last Seen
    07-19-15 @ 05:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    972

    Re: Do you believe Bush was a good president?

    We all owe him a debt of gratitude for keeping us safe, keeping us fueled with the petrol we need like our life's blood, making prescription medicine more affordable, sending a crap load of aid & $$$ to Africa to fight HIV/AIDS, for insuring that Israel did not go up in a mushroom cloud and for preventing WWIII.

    Giving him oral favors won't be necessary (as some would have gladly given B.J Clinton or BHO).

    A simple thank you and including him in your prayers will probably do.

    He is a fine man and a credit to America.

    History will be deservedly kind to his administration.

    He really tried to do a good job for America.

  2. #82
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,379

    Re: Do you believe Bush was a good president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tazmanian Devil View Post
    We all owe him a debt of gratitude for keeping us safe, keeping us fueled with the petrol we need like our life's blood, making prescription medicine more affordable, sending a crap load of aid & $$$ to Africa to fight HIV/AIDS, for insuring that Israel did not go up in a mushroom cloud and for preventing WWIII.

    Giving him oral favors won't be necessary (as some would have gladly given B.J Clinton or BHO).

    A simple thank you and including him in your prayers will probably do.

    He is a fine man and a credit to America.

    History will be deservedly kind to his administration.

    He really tried to do a good job for America.

    Who are you talking about?

  3. #83
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    2,485

    Re: Do you believe Bush was a good president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tazmanian Devil View Post
    We all owe him a debt of gratitude for keeping us safe, making prescription medicine more affordable.

    He really tried to do a good job for America.
    But he didn't keep us safe?
    Obama made healthcare more affordable, you must support that as well.
    Trying doesn't mean anything.
    Men do what they have to when they want to, Great men do what they have to, even when they don't want to.

  4. #84
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    25,298

    Re: Do you believe Bush was a good president?

    Bush did great work with AIDs in Africa.
    And he signed Medicare-part D.
    He spoke with a comforting manner that brought the Nation together after 9/11 .
    Chemists Have Solutions .

  5. #85
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Last Seen
    07-19-15 @ 05:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    972

    Re: Do you believe Bush was a good president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fruityfact View Post
    But he didn't keep us safe?
    Obama made healthcare more affordable, you must support that as well.
    Trying doesn't mean anything.
    Horror stories about ACA will start to emerge once it is no longer easy to repeal.

    Mark my words.

    And the thing you fail to recognize is that Obama has always intended ACA to be a single payer plan.

    And I'll leave it to you to figure out why that is bad.

    But know this.

    Obamacare will eventually give the Federal government our sovereignty.

    You may ask, "What you talkin bout, Taz?"

    Well, I'm going to leave that to you to figure out as well.

    Some of you already know what I mean. And others should remember that you heard it here first.

    ACA is a fruit from a poisoned tree.

    Eat from it at your own peril.

    Every stage of its existence has been a curse or accursed.

    Anyone who needs it and likes it, good for you.

    And good luck.
    Last edited by Tazmanian Devil; 06-05-15 at 12:08 AM.

  6. #86
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    25,298

    Re: Do you believe Bush was a good president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tazmanian Devil View Post
    making prescription medicine more affordable
    I clipped this part for a reason.
    Most partisans, including me when I'm in the mood, would remind you of the negative roll-out of Medicare-part D.
    I would also remind you that DEMs in Congress helped Mr. Bush fix this problem.
    Until we start speaking with each other as to how we can work together, we are a House divided mentally.

    We have not seen the same working together on PPACA, even though so many of the ideas originated with the GOP.
    The USSC decision on ACA this month will have profound effects on our Nation with the two parties not working together.
    I'm sure you're paying attention to how your GOP can't work with itself either, such as the Ex-Im Bank going up in flames this month.

    Ever since Lincoln, the GOP has been the party of ideas.
    My DEM friends should listen carefully as I do.
    I'm hearing some very good ideas right now as the 19 candidates try to differentiate themselves from each other .
    Chemists Have Solutions .

  7. #87
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Last Seen
    07-19-15 @ 05:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    972

    Re: Do you believe Bush was a good president?

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    I clipped this part for a reason.
    Most partisans, including me when I'm in the mood, would remind you of the negative roll-out of Medicare-part D.
    I would also remind you that DEMs in Congress helped Mr. Bush fix this problem.
    Until we start speaking with each other as to how we can work together, we are a House divided mentally.

    We have not seen the same working together on PPACA, even though so many of the ideas originated with the GOP.
    The USSC decision on ACA this month will have profound effects on our Nation with the two parties not working together.
    I'm sure you're paying attention to how your GOP can't work with itself either, such as the Ex-Im Bank going up in flames this month.

    Ever since Lincoln, the GOP has been the party of ideas.
    My DEM friends should listen carefully as I do.
    I'm hearing some very good ideas right now as the 19 candidates try to differentiate themselves from each other .
    I am tired of going back to become reacquainted with the issues which I tried to tell folks about but who wouldn't listen when there was a chance to do something about it, to once again debate it and bring someone who is only NOW willing to listen, up to speed.

    Ask someone else, please.

    Or do what I did.

    Google it.

    Now I am content to let experience be the teacher while I sit back and enjoy a tall cold one and know that I tried to tell you but y'all wouldn't listen.

    Fine.

    By the way...

    Cruz was right.


  8. #88
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    25,298

    Re: Do you believe Bush was a good president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tazmanian Devil View Post
    I am tired of going back to become reacquainted with the issues which I tried to tell folks about but who wouldn't listen when there was a chance to do something about it, to once again debate it and bring someone who is only NOW willing to listen, up to speed.
    Mr. Bush once brought up a fundamental change to Social Security--and let the trial balloon go with the blowback.
    There's nothing wrong with trial balloons.

    Huckabee says NO changes to SS--he's wrong.
    Christie wants means testing, especially for the rich who have far more than they'll ever need--he's correct.
    AARP and an even more adamant group that advocates for retired people like me (I'm 61-YO) will oppose this.

    Rep. Paul Ryan/Sen. Patty Murray in their two-year budget in Dec. 2013 tried to take away one COLA point from Veteran's pensions on a means-tested basis.
    They were correct--would have saved close to $10 billion from the gold-stars.
    Neo-Cons in both parties shot that one down.

    If you haven't seen it, try Sen. Coburn's Back-in-Black plan of 2011.
    I support his call for a Constitutional Convention--with one goal being a balanced budget amendment .
    Chemists Have Solutions .

  9. #89
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    25,298

    Re: Do you believe Bush was a good president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tazmanian Devil View Post
    Cruz was right.
    We're not going to agree on Cruz.
    I saw his whole interview on Neil Cavuto today--hard-hitting--follow-up questioning when Cavuto felt Cruz was ducking, dodging, incorrect.
    At every chance, Cruz tried to play the "I get along with everybody" card.
    When Cavuto pointed out clear differences in policy with the other 18 candidates.

    What's still pissing me about him right now is his Biden joke.
    Even GOP pundits are ripping him for not apologizing the same way he said the joke.
    In person--not this twitter and face book crap--he lost some GOPs on this one .
    Chemists Have Solutions .

  10. #90
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    37,837

    Re: Do you believe Bush was a good president?

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Bush did great work with AIDs in Africa.
    And he signed Medicare-part D.
    He spoke with a comforting manner that brought the Nation together after 9/11 .
    I'll give him the first two. And while I think Bush did as well as anyone could have in the immediate aftermath of 9/11, I don't really think he did BETTER than, say, a President Gore would have. I know our GOP brethren would have you believe that Gore would have issued copies of the Koran to every American citizen on 9/12, but to be honest, I have little doubt things would have progressed exactly as they did for at least a year -- including the establishment of the DHS, the TSA, and the PATRIOT Act.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •