View Poll Results: Is it acceptable to BBQ on Memorial Day?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • BBQing is ok.

    51 100.00%
  • We should remain quiet and respectful.

    0 0%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 89

Thread: Is it acceptable to BBQ on Memorial Day?

  1. #31
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,813

    Re: Is it acceptable to BBQ on Memorial Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Because I choose to answer this thread completely. Save your tears for someone else.

    The OP absolutely admitted it was part of his motivation to start THIS thread. FYI.
    Not the place for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not once have I showed my dick to a woman and she thought it was creepy. In fact, in 100% of the cases, they were pretty excited about it. I don't know who you're showing your **** too.

  2. #32
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,366

    Re: Is it acceptable to BBQ on Memorial Day?

    My day off, my choice.
    People in Dubai don't like the Flintstones but people in Abu Dhabi do

  3. #33
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,618

    Re: Is it acceptable to BBQ on Memorial Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    Your post is petty and your post about being upset at the black man in the White House for eating an ice cream cone is petty.


    Is it your belief that continuing to try to make this a personal attack will somehow take the light from the stupid post made by the rep from the dem party or the folly of defending it?

  4. #34
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,802

    Re: Is it acceptable to BBQ on Memorial Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Memorial Day is to honor our fallen soldiers. And we should do that, absolutely. But, is it acceptable to BBQ on Memorial Day, or should we spend the day in deep thought and solemn remembrance?
    I BBQ everyday I can. "Man, I hope people back in the World are not out barbecuing today on Memorial Day", said no GI in a faraway land ever.

    But you know what the VA is still running like a three legged dog. Veteran's often cannot get adequate mental health care. Veteran's often still find it difficult getting jobs paying living wages once they rejoin civilian life.

    In my opinion most veterans would prefer to give up discounts at Bubba's Squat & Gobble and other fine establishments; they would prefer to give up the now almost national feel good patriotic moment requirement to honor a military person before every sporting or public event and they wouldn't give a rat's ass about barbecuing on any day IF America would actively force the government to honor the commitment it made to veterans when vets raised their right hands and to stop the habit of throwing them into harm's way when it isn't completely necessary.










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  5. #35
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,618

    Re: Is it acceptable to BBQ on Memorial Day?

    [QUOTE=shrubnose;1064655480]
    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post



    As others have said, you're a petty, partisan, loser.
    As has been said...your personal attacks prove my point. And your tears water my garden.

  6. #36
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,137

    Re: Is it acceptable to BBQ on Memorial Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    I don't either, but some people (here at DP and elsewhere) are acting like it is. Hence, the question.
    You are allowed to grill food, however you should otherwise be sitting in ashes and practicing self-flagellation. Ice cream is definitely out of the question.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  7. #37
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,137

    Re: Is it acceptable to BBQ on Memorial Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post


    Is it your belief that continuing to try to make this a personal attack will somehow take the light from the stupid post made by the rep from the dem party or the folly of defending it?
    Or the folly of attacking Obama for enjoying an ice cream cone?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  8. #38
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,618

    Re: Is it acceptable to BBQ on Memorial Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Or the folly of attacking Obama for enjoying an ice cream cone?
    Who is attacking Obama?

  9. #39
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Is it acceptable to BBQ on Memorial Day?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Memorial Day is to honor our fallen soldiers. And we should do that, absolutely. But, is it acceptable to BBQ on Memorial Day, or should we spend the day in deep thought and solemn remembrance?
    Gazing upon an open flame or coals can be a calming and mesmerizing experience.

    Do both at the same time.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  10. #40
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,762

    Re: Is it acceptable to BBQ on Memorial Day?

    Our VFW had a BBQ with pulled pork and tenderloins--does that count?

    After a bouquet tossed in the river for those lost at Sea, we had a great service in our park's War Memorials with many words still with me.

    It's always good to teach the kids about the ## names on the World War stone--since it was engraved before WW2--and the ## names from WW2.

    Kids were asking about the ## from Vietnam because their ranks are given with their branch of service--and ## from Korea.
    Quite the sacrifice for a small town.

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    I BBQ everyday I can. "Man, I hope people back in the World are not out barbecuing today on Memorial Day", said no GI in a faraway land ever.
    But you know what the VA is still running like a three legged dog. Veteran's often cannot get adequate mental health care. Veteran's often still find it difficult getting jobs paying living wages once they rejoin civilian life.

    In my opinion most veterans would prefer to give up discounts at Bubba's Squat & Gobble and other fine establishments; they would prefer to give up the now almost national feel good patriotic moment requirement to honor a military person before every sporting or public event and they wouldn't give a rat's ass about barbecuing on any day IF America would actively force the government to honor the commitment it made to veterans when vets raised their right hands and to stop the habit of throwing them into harm's way when it isn't completely necessary.
    Have you received a card from the VA or a Nearby Mental Health Clinic yet?
    One of the Commanders spoke of it today and wasn't too pleased with the confusion coming from th VA.
    I'm surmising it was about PTSD and will look into it.
    Sounds like out-reach clinics the VA may use at local Hospitals with excellent Mental Health Clinics .
    Physics is Phun

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •