View Poll Results: Was Cleavland cop really scared for his life

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes he thought his life was in absolute danger

    5 22.73%
  • He wanted credit for the kill

    4 18.18%
  • dont know

    13 59.09%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 48

Thread: cleavland shooting of 2 unarmed suspects in car

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 02:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: cleavland shooting of 2 unarmed suspects in car

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    Sorry, but all police officers except one thought it safe enough to stop shooting after more than 100 bullets into a car.

    You know what, if only police officers are allowed to comment on stupid and insane actions/crimes of police officers than no bad apples in the police force will be forced out. I think that nowhere in the Western world, there is a police force so violent as the US police force, none. Where police shootings in other countries are a rarity, in the US it is as common as is possible. And I understand that the high number of guns is a reason that police officers need to be much more careful than police officers in other countries are but even after high speed pursuits it is very rare that someone is shot.
    Maybe they were in the middle of a mag change. Or out of ammo. Who knows.

  2. #32
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    13,907

    Re: cleavland shooting of 2 unarmed suspects in car

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Maybe they were in the middle of a mag change. Or out of ammo. Who knows.
    Or maybe it is like the prosecution said, the rest of the officers knew that after more than 100 bullets, the threat was over.
    Mock the week quote: "I don't understand why people complain about Kim Jung Un testing nuclear weapons, the more he tests the fewer he will have left".

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 02:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: cleavland shooting of 2 unarmed suspects in car

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    Or maybe it is like the prosecution said, the rest of the officers knew that after more than 100 bullets, the threat was over.
    Then how did he prevail in court?

  4. #34
    Guru

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,852

    Re: cleavland shooting of 2 unarmed suspects in car

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Then how did he prevail in court?
    As OJ can testify to:

    A skillful jury selection, combined with a talented defense attorney, and the right social climate can work wonders. Of course, if I was facing criminal charges after engaging in dumb fire arms usage, I would want that exact same attorney.

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Maybe they were in the middle of a mag change. Or out of ammo. Who knows.
    All possible. Of course, maybe the FBI was really been trying to assasinate Native American poltical opposition leaders in the 1970s. Maybe those two agents were part of a hit squad. Maybe Leonard Peltier did not fire the executing shots, but was simply walking towards them with what only looked like a weapon to sell them some Lakota handicrafts....

    Or maybe Peltier is a punk who ran an extortion / robbery crew (thinly disguised as a leftist political movement) on an Indian resevation, who then murdered two FBI agents who had chased his friend driving a stolen car into the encampement .http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonard_Peltier

    My point is that giving socio economic group 'A' very broad benefits regarding justified force and not giving it to socio econiomic group 'B' is a receipe for alot more trouble. As a side note, I favor the "punk" explanation for Peltier.
    Last edited by Cryptic; 05-27-15 at 02:20 PM.

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 02:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: cleavland shooting of 2 unarmed suspects in car

    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    As OJ can testify to:

    A skillful jury selection, combined with a talented defense attorney, and the right social climate can work wonders.
    Ah, so the court system is failing. I get it. Total victimization. Cops are bad, judges are bad, juries are bad, prosecution is bad, stenographer is bad, god is bad.
    Criminals just cant get a fair shake in todays bad world.
    Tell you what, how about we disband all of it and you provide your own security 24/7/365. Start carrying a gun, turn your home into a fortress, train all your family to shoot to kill at the drop of a hat.

  6. #36
    Guru

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,852

    Re: cleavland shooting of 2 unarmed suspects in car

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Ah, so the court system is failing. I get it. Total victimization. Cops are bad, judges are bad, juries are bad, prosecution is bad, stenographer is bad, god is bad.
    Criminals just cant get a fair shake in todays bad world.
    Actually I reject both the:

    - All cops and proscutors are good guys theory and
    - criminals are victims of society theory.

    This allows me to have no trouble voting to indict Officer Wilson of Fergurson fame for involuntary manslaughter while not shedding any tears for Michael Brown (budding thug who had he not been unalwfully killed by Officer Wilson, had a decent chance of getting killed sooner or later by somebody who looked, acted and thought just like... Michael Brown)

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 02:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: cleavland shooting of 2 unarmed suspects in car

    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    Actually I reject both the:

    - All cops and proscutors are good guys theory and
    - criminals are victims of society theory.

    This allows me to have no trouble voting to indict Officer Wilson of Fergurson fame for involuntary manslaughter while not shedding any tears for Michael Brown (budding thug who had he not been unalwfully killed by Officer Wilson, had a decent chance of getting killed sooner or later by somebody who looked, acted and thought just like... Michael Brown)
    To indict Wilson means there is no justifiable self defense in your mind.

  8. #38
    Student Constantine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    04-11-17 @ 05:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    286
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: cleavland shooting of 2 unarmed suspects in car

    Chances are this cop was just over zealous. Being that the suspects fled and basically tried to the kill the cops, lol at a 5 ton vehicle not being a weapon (aka making someone unarmed), I don't have much pity here. The community was protected. That's all that matters to me.


  9. #39
    Guru

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,852

    Re: cleavland shooting of 2 unarmed suspects in car

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    To indict Wilson means there is no justifiable self defense in your mind.
    There is plenty of justifiable self defense in my mind. This case for example:Utah man who shot would-be carjacker will not be charged | News - Home

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 02:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: cleavland shooting of 2 unarmed suspects in car

    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    There is plenty of justifiable self defense in my mind. This case for example:Utah man who shot would-be carjacker will not be charged | News - Home
    And Wilson was just supposed to take a beating because ???

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •