View Poll Results: Which lives matter?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black lives

    3 5.45%
  • Blue lives

    4 7.27%
  • All lives

    42 76.36%
  • No lives - everyone sucks

    6 10.91%
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 169

Thread: Black Lives, Blue Lives or Something Else. Which lives matter?

  1. #71
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    12-20-16 @ 04:00 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,609

    Re: Black Lives, Blue Lives or Something Else. Which lives matter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    Black people aren't the only ones who take their kids to school, or take care of elderly parents. ALL people do. Black people aren't going to get a medal for doing the right thing, nor should they.
    Wait, do you actually think that I was saying black people are the only ones who take their kids to school? That's ****ing amazing. Long live the American education system!

  2. #72
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    160,608

    Re: Black Lives, Blue Lives or Something Else. Which lives matter?

    what would really be great is if blacks actually thought black lives mattered

    blacks can whine about police killings-some of which appear to have dubious reasons (such as the cops in a car shooting that boy in cleveland who had an air soft pistol or the cops shooting that man carrying an air gun in the Dayton area)-but until blacks stop killing other blacks at rates far higher than white on white killings and many times higher than white on black killings, nothing is really going to get better. and like it or not, the high rate of murder perpetrated by young black men isn't going to help their relationship with cops
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

  3. #73
    Actually I am.

    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,388

    Re: Black Lives, Blue Lives or Something Else. Which lives matter?

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    It's not about you.
    No, it's not. It's about black lives, remember?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by OrphanSlug
    Asking Sarah Palin to head up the Department of Education is like asking Hitler to head up a human rights advocacy group.

  4. #74
    Actually I am.

    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,388

    Re: Black Lives, Blue Lives or Something Else. Which lives matter?

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Wait, do you actually think that I was saying black people are the only ones who take their kids to school? That's ****ing amazing. Long live the American education system!
    You really, really like insulting people when you don't agree with what they say, don't you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by OrphanSlug
    Asking Sarah Palin to head up the Department of Education is like asking Hitler to head up a human rights advocacy group.

  5. #75
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    22,185

    Re: Black Lives, Blue Lives or Something Else. Which lives matter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    Why would I use such a divisive hashtag? ALL lives matter.
    Then why are you demanding that others to use it in specific situations?

  6. #76
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    22,185

    Re: Black Lives, Blue Lives or Something Else. Which lives matter?

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
    All of them. It just seems that some people think some matter more than others. The black lives campaign is merely pointing out that discrepancy.
    It's pretty much one group of people saying, "hey, we still racism exists and is relevant today," and another group saying, "hey, stfu about that. You're offending us."

  7. #77
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    22,185

    Re: Black Lives, Blue Lives or Something Else. Which lives matter?

    Color blinders on. Color blinders off.

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    what would really be great is if blacks actually thought black lives mattered

    blacks can whine about police killings-some of which appear to have dubious reasons (such as the cops in a car shooting that boy in cleveland who had an air soft pistol or the cops shooting that man carrying an air gun in the Dayton area)-but until blacks stop killing other blacks at rates far higher than white on white killings and many times higher than white on black killings, nothing is really going to get better. and like it or not, the high rate of murder perpetrated by young black men isn't going to help their relationship with cops

  8. #78
    Actually I am.

    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,388

    Re: Black Lives, Blue Lives or Something Else. Which lives matter?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    what would really be great is if blacks actually thought black lives mattered

    blacks can whine about police killings-some of which appear to have dubious reasons (such as the cops in a car shooting that boy in cleveland who had an air soft pistol or the cops shooting that man carrying an air gun in the Dayton area)-but until blacks stop killing other blacks at rates far higher than white on white killings and many times higher than white on black killings, nothing is really going to get better. and like it or not, the high rate of murder perpetrated by young black men isn't going to help their relationship with cops
    Yeah I kind of said something similar, but was told I didn't understand history or reality.

    According to FBI.gov statistics, in 2013, 2,500 white boys killed other white boys. 2,245 black boys killed other black boys.

    So how about we go back to the way it should be - all lives matter. Those white boys didn't deserve to die, but they did. No marches there. The black boys didn't deserve to die, but they did. No marches there, either.

    According to the same statistics chart, 409 black boys killed white boys, while 189 white boys killed black boys.

    An awful lot of killing going on here, but where's the march for them? Where's the cutesy, trendy little hash tag for them? This is all just for attention. A cop shoots a thug coming after him and all of a sudden, race baiter Jesse Jackson and others have to get involved. Doesn't matter that the kid strong-armed a store owner and robbed him. Doesn't matter that the kid was twice the size of the cop and was coming after him.

    Why didn't Jesse Jackson organize marches for the 2,245 black boys that were killed by other black boys? I'll tell you why. Because he is a pot stirrer of the worst kind, and if he can find a pot to stir, he's gonna do it. But he won't say "black lives matter" if blacks are killing other blacks. I hate that he puts himself on the same level as Martin Luther King, Jr. He is NOTHING like MLKJR. NOTHING. Martin Luther King, Jr wanted equal rights for all. All Jesse Jackson says is "black lives matter." I wonder what MLKJR would say about that. He would probably say, "Yes, they do, but so do white lives, and red lives, and yellow lives, because all lives are the same in the sight of God. A soul has no color."
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by OrphanSlug
    Asking Sarah Palin to head up the Department of Education is like asking Hitler to head up a human rights advocacy group.

  9. #79
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    160,608

    Re: Black Lives, Blue Lives or Something Else. Which lives matter?

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    Color blinders on. Color blinders off.
    explain please
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

  10. #80
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,232
    Blog Entries
    21

    Re: Black Lives, Blue Lives or Something Else. Which lives matter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    Yeah I kind of said something similar, but was told I didn't understand history or reality.

    According to FBI.gov statistics, in 2013, 2,500 white boys killed other white boys. 2,245 black boys killed other black boys.

    So how about we go back to the way it should be - all lives matter. Those white boys didn't deserve to die, but they did. No marches there. The black boys didn't deserve to die, but they did. No marches there, either.

    According to the same statistics chart, 409 black boys killed white boys, while 189 white boys killed black boys.

    An awful lot of killing going on here, but where's the march for them? Where's the cutesy, trendy little hash tag for them? This is all just for attention. A cop shoots a thug coming after him and all of a sudden, race baiter Jesse Jackson and others have to get involved. Doesn't matter that the kid strong-armed a store owner and robbed him. Doesn't matter that the kid was twice the size of the cop and was coming after him.

    Why didn't Jesse Jackson organize marches for the 2,245 black boys that were killed by other black boys? I'll tell you why. Because he is a pot stirrer of the worst kind, and if he can find a pot to stir, he's gonna do it. But he won't say "black lives matter" if blacks are killing other blacks. I hate that he puts himself on the same level as Martin Luther King, Jr. He is NOTHING like MLKJR. NOTHING. Martin Luther King, Jr wanted equal rights for all. All Jesse Jackson says is "black lives matter." I wonder what MLKJR would say about that. He would probably say, "Yes, they do, but so do white lives, and red lives, and yellow lives, because all lives are the same in the sight of God. A soul has no color."
    Great post.


    Thank you, Quazi!

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •