View Poll Results: Which lives matter?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black lives

    3 5.45%
  • Blue lives

    4 7.27%
  • All lives

    42 76.36%
  • No lives - everyone sucks

    6 10.91%
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 169

Thread: Black Lives, Blue Lives or Something Else. Which lives matter?

  1. #51
    Lady Libertarian

    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,503

    Re: Black Lives, Blue Lives or Something Else. Which lives matter?

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    So if 99% of black people involved in Black Lives Matter care about their BLACK family members' lives all the time by your own admission, they only care about black lives when white people are involved? That is literally impossible. It's nice that you think so little of black people though to think their care for each other is opportunistic rather than genuine.
    *sigh*

    There ARE opportunistic black people, TPD.... there are in EVERY race. Don't be so naive to think it doesn't happen in the black race.

    And thanks a lot --- I just ruined my wet nail polish by typing this.


  2. #52
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    22,626

    Re: Black Lives, Blue Lives or Something Else. Which lives matter?

    Actually, if Trayvon just made it home, everything wouldn't have been ok. Zimmerman's actions were not appropriate given the situation. He profiled Trayvon as a thug and a ****ing punk from the start. If Trayvon made it home, Zimmerman would have had his eye out of him the next time and pursued with his gun. Something bad happening was inevitable, because of Zimmerman's approach to neighborhood watch and his habitual poor decision making. Zimmerman is still dealing with the fact that makes poor decisions.


    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    Well, technically, Trayvon Martin also did a lot of things wrong too (not going home, confronting Zimmerman, beating Zimmerman to the ground, not letting him up, trying to grab for his gun). Just like people always say "If Zimmerman had just stayed in his car...." same goes for Trayvon -- "If he would've just went home..." Both of them did stupid things - just because Zimmerman did the FIRST stupid thing, doesn't mean Trayvon was innocent at all.

    I know we disagree on this. Just wanted to put the other side out there. But let's not digress.....
    Last edited by SheWolf; 05-26-15 at 08:52 PM.

  3. #53
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    03-14-17 @ 10:27 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Black Lives, Blue Lives or Something Else. Which lives matter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    *sigh*

    There ARE opportunistic black people, TPD.... there are in EVERY race. Don't be so naive to think it doesn't happen in the black race.
    Sure, but we're talking about your numbers. You said that 99% of black people involved in BLM care about the lives of the black family members no matter what. This means that 99% of black people involved in BLM think black lives matter no matter what, right?

  4. #54
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    22,626

    Re: Black Lives, Blue Lives or Something Else. Which lives matter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    Oh, I know many black people do care. I'm just saying the only time the #BlackLivesMatter hashtag trends on Twitter or is talked about in the media is when a black person is killed by a white person. There are many people who care all the time --- but you can't deny that there are many who ONLY care when there's a white person involved.
    I think you're wrong. A few of the officers indicted for Freddie Grey's death were black. I have seen the hashtags and T-shirts in response to the Baltimore situation.

    The reason the slogan exists, is because people question if black lives matter as much as white lives. It's a criticism of the justice system and how people are viewed for taking a black life versus white. I don't think it matters if the life taker is black. A lot of people have the attitude that they (black people) just kill each other anyway, as if the violence isn't a big deal.
    Last edited by SheWolf; 05-26-15 at 08:55 PM.

  5. #55
    Actually I am.

    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,388

    Re: Black Lives, Blue Lives or Something Else. Which lives matter?

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    The fact that you think none of the black people supporting black lives matter care about their own lives or their lives of their family members except when they are threatened by white people demonstrates that you are a part of the problem. The reason black parents take their children to school is because they think black lives matter. The reason black children take care of their elderly parents is because they think black lives matter. The reason black adults volunteer for programs to help at-risk black youth is because they think black lives matter. It's disrespectful to those people, many of whom are "Black Lives Matter people", to argue, as you have, that they only think black lives matter when a white person kills them. Just because you are blind doesn't mean something doesn't exist. Maybe you should stop believing what the news tells you and go talk to the people on the ground about what they actually believe.
    You could take the world "black" out of your post, in every single instance, and then it wouldn't sound like you are trying to separate by color. It may take you awhile, though. You mentioned "black" 11 times.

    Black people aren't the only ones who take their kids to school, or take care of elderly parents. ALL people do. Black people aren't going to get a medal for doing the right thing, nor should they.

    That's why I think this whole "black lives matter" thing is hogwash. ALL lives matter. Stop separating by color.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by OrphanSlug
    Asking Sarah Palin to head up the Department of Education is like asking Hitler to head up a human rights advocacy group.

  6. #56
    Lady Libertarian

    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,503

    Re: Black Lives, Blue Lives or Something Else. Which lives matter?

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Sure, but we're talking about your numbers. You said that 99% of black people involved in BLM care about the lives of the black family members no matter what. This means that 99% of black people involved in BLM think black lives matter no matter what, right?
    Not all black people are part of your family. Sooooo....no. I believe that 99% of ALL people care about what happens to their own family members.

    TPD --- do you believe there are black people who raise hell only when a black, non-family member is killed by a white person?


  7. #57
    Lady Libertarian

    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,503

    Re: Black Lives, Blue Lives or Something Else. Which lives matter?

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    I think you're wrong. A few of the officers indicted for Freddie Grey's death were black. I have seen the hashtags and T-shirts in response to the Baltimore situation.

    The reason the slogan exists, is because people question if black lives matter as much as white lives. It's a criticism of the justice system and how people are viewed for taking a black life versus white. I don't think it matters if the life taker is black. A lot of people have the attitude that they (black people) just kill each other anyway, as if the violence isn't a big deal.
    Then I want to see the #BlackLivesMatter hashtag trending when the next black-on-black murder happens in Chicago. It never does. Never.

    I want to see the #BlackLivesMatter people raising hell when a black man kills a white man (because, you say, that the hashtag really means that ALL lives should matter). It never happens. Ever.

    I want to see Shaun King, DeRay, Marcus Lamont Hill and others tweeting how ALL lives matter when a cop shoots a white "kid". They won't.
    Last edited by Josie; 05-26-15 at 09:04 PM.


  8. #58
    Gradualist
    TheDemSocialist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in the Midwest
    Last Seen
    03-24-17 @ 04:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,747
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Black Lives, Blue Lives or Something Else. Which lives matter?

    Just a democratic-socialist in the heartland of America.CHECK OUT MY TUMBLR(BLOG)HERE "Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression, and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

  9. #59
    Actually I am.

    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,388

    Re: Black Lives, Blue Lives or Something Else. Which lives matter?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    I disagree with the statement that if we don't agree with the whole "black lives matter" thing that we are part of the problem.

    I think that this is separating by color, which should not be happening.

    I also agree with what Josie said - I want to see #blacklivesmatter trending every single time a black person shoots another black person. Not only when a black person is shot by a white person. But then that's all that would ever be trending. Nothing would ever else have a chance to trend, because black on black crime is so ridiculously high that nothing else would ever trend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by OrphanSlug
    Asking Sarah Palin to head up the Department of Education is like asking Hitler to head up a human rights advocacy group.

  10. #60
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    03-14-17 @ 10:27 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Black Lives, Blue Lives or Something Else. Which lives matter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    Not all black people are part of your family.
    So what? If you value black lives even when they aren't being threatened by white people, then you still value black lives.

    TPD --- do you believe there are black people who raise hell only when a black, non-family member is killed by a white person?
    What does this question have to do with Black Lives Matter, though? If you read, watch or listen to the black members of BLM, you'll notice that this is a highly personal thing for them. In other words, very few of them are just "raising hell" for strangers. They're raising hell against a system that threatens them and their family members.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •