View Poll Results: Which lives matter?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black lives

    3 5.45%
  • Blue lives

    4 7.27%
  • All lives

    42 76.36%
  • No lives - everyone sucks

    6 10.91%
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 169

Thread: Black Lives, Blue Lives or Something Else. Which lives matter?

  1. #141
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    52,694

    Re: Black Lives, Blue Lives or Something Else. Which lives matter?

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    To be fair, it really shouldn't matter how many arrests someone has, the police shouldn't be abusing anyone in their custody.

    The point I was making that all this 'Black Live Matter' claiming that the rest of society doesn't acknowledge or accept this is more or less propaganda, as the people that don't live by 'Black Lives Matter' are within their own communities, the murder and non-fatal assault statistics from Baltimore document this clearly.

    If these communities really want to improve their communities, they should be reporting those that are shooting and stabbing people to the police, rather than protesting when one of them is arrested.
    Oh... I think his history is relevant. If police beat the **** out of my neighbor Id be pissed. If they beat the **** out of my neighbor, a career scumbag caught in the commission of a crime...I'd probably not give half a damn. However...we had riots and racial tensions with blacks specifically targeting whites over 6 cops arresting this guy and SOMETHING happening on the way to the station. Its that 'something' that no one even knows about yet. Certainly not worthy of what the community and city response has been.

    Its ironic that the communities are invariably their own worst enemy. They destroy their own community in protest. They defend people that victimize...their own community.

  2. #142
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,830

    Re: Black Lives, Blue Lives or Something Else. Which lives matter?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Hmmm. I'm an "all lives matter" gal. BUT! Blue Lives deserve our strict attention. We simply must realize that cops are human beings, that they aren't perfect, that they make mistakes. There is a HUGE!! difference between a cop that acts in a depraved manner and one that makes a mistake. In our current witch hunt mindset, I think we've lost sight of that.
    Doesnt matter. If a cop makes a mistake that resaults in the loss of any of my rights... They should be given zero leeway and their badge should be taken into zero consideration (except for maybe extra punishment if they abused their authority). We need to start seeing cops be put behind bars at x3 the punishment that normal citizens get instead of them getting so much slack and leeway, having the cities insurance pay for the misdeed.
    Like a stone. A bit bigger than the dirt. Waiting. Except not.

  3. #143
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,830

    Re: Black Lives, Blue Lives or Something Else. Which lives matter?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Absolutely makes the point. 108 homicides in 5 months in Baltimore (and how many hundreds of shootings, beatings, stabbings). ANd why are discussing Baltimore? Because one guy with a long criminal history got arrested and may or may not have been mishandled by cops upon arrest.

    Baltimore has consistently been near the top of the leaderboard as one of the most violent cities in the country. That has never mattered. Hell...it still doesnt. The violence in Baltimore didnt get any attention til cops arrested a guy who hit his head in a police vehicle after he was in custody.
    Did you see the video of the guy screaming as they are dragging him into the van? They mishandled the crap out of him. There is no denying that.
    Like a stone. A bit bigger than the dirt. Waiting. Except not.

  4. #144
    dangerously addictive
    americanwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,941

    Re: Black Lives, Blue Lives or Something Else. Which lives matter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    What annoys me about the "Black Lives Matter" people is that they only bring that out when a black person is killed by a white person (or a person who LOOKS white - Zimmerman). So really it's not "black lives matter" it's "black lives only matter when whitey kills them".

    FYI- Zimmerman doesn't just "LOOK white" - he is white. Just like me our race is white and our ethnicity would be Hispanic.
    I call my own shots, largely based on an accumulation of data, and everyone knows it.
    _____________________________________________

  5. #145
    Sage



    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    40,745
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: Black Lives, Blue Lives or Something Else. Which lives matter?

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    Doesnt matter. If a cop makes a mistake that resaults in the loss of any of my rights... They should be given zero leeway and their badge should be taken into zero consideration (except for maybe extra punishment if they abused their authority). We need to start seeing cops be put behind bars at x3 the punishment that normal citizens get instead of them getting so much slack and leeway, having the cities insurance pay for the misdeed.
    I really really REALLY couldn't disagree more with your overall thinking.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  6. #146
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,830

    Re: Black Lives, Blue Lives or Something Else. Which lives matter?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I really really REALLY couldn't disagree more with your overall thinking.
    Thats because you havent dealt with the cops I have dealt with. I have dressed "grunge" since highschool. Torn and tattered hoodies. Cheap old clothes that ive had forever. Ive had more cops **** with me and harrass me then I have had be formal and sincere. All for nothing other than they percieve me as "ghetto". The 1 time I was arrested the cops lied on the report and made me look criminal. These cops need to have serious repurcussions for abusing their position. The cavalier attitude of these cops needs to stop. Cops are in a position of trust and need to be punished MORE for the same crime. Not given leeway. Sorry you cant see that this would be better for society as a whole, over time. We need raw injection of raw manpower of people who will be willing to follow the rules and set good examples. Not these lazy cops who pull in tickets so lethargically yet cavalier. There is good reason that respect for cops is dwindling and dwindling. It needs to be fixed.

    People feel like the authority in control atm often times can be too lazy to turn on their own bad cops because its easier for them to make the victim look bad, and forget about the misdeeds of cops.

    If cops want extra authority and pristigue they should also have extra punishments and oversight.

    I personally wont be happy until EVERY single cop records their shift 100% without the ability to manipulate their recorder. And every single corner of every single jail and prison is recorder so we can finally get rid of all the rogue cops.

    A cop is a volenteer for their job. Cops being subconciously racist or judgemental against ghetto people violates natural, non volunteer beings. Seeing as a cop is a volenteer they should be held to the strictest standards because they have so much sway in controlling direct interactions with society and hold so much weight when it comes to credibility.

    Or we can just keep it like it is now and more and more and more people will continue to be mistrusting of cops over time. Fix it? Or dont fix it?
    Like a stone. A bit bigger than the dirt. Waiting. Except not.

  7. #147
    Sage



    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    40,745
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: Black Lives, Blue Lives or Something Else. Which lives matter?

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    Thats because you havent dealt with the cops I have dealt with. I have dressed "grunge" since highschool. Torn and tattered hoodies. Cheap old clothes that ive had forever. Ive had more cops **** with me and harrass me then I have had be formal and sincere. All for nothing other than they percieve me as "ghetto". The 1 time I was arrested the cops lied on the report and made me look criminal. These cops need to have serious repurcussions for abusing their position. The cavalier attitude of these cops needs to stop. Cops are in a position of trust and need to be punished MORE for the same crime. Not given leeway. Sorry you cant see that this would be better for society as a whole, over time. We need raw injection of raw manpower of people who will be willing to follow the rules and set good examples. Not these lazy cops who pull in tickets so lethargically yet cavalier. There is good reason that respect for cops is dwindling and dwindling. It needs to be fixed.

    People feel like the authority in control atm often times can be too lazy to turn on their own bad cops because its easier for them to make the victim look bad, and forget about the misdeeds of cops.

    If cops want extra authority and pristigue they should also have extra punishments and oversight.

    I personally wont be happy until EVERY single cop records their shift 100% without the ability to manipulate their recorder. And every single corner of every single jail and prison is recorder so we can finally get rid of all the rogue cops.

    A cop is a volenteer for their job. Cops being subconciously racist or judgemental against ghetto people violates natural, non volunteer beings. Seeing as a cop is a volenteer they should be held to the strictest standards because they have so much sway in controlling direct interactions with society and hold so much weight when it comes to credibility.

    Or we can just keep it like it is now and more and more and more people will continue to be mistrusting of cops over time. Fix it? Or dont fix it?
    I have to laugh at your post, Chris. You dress like a thug and are then surprised you aren't treated like someone other than thug by GUYS WHO WANT TO MAKE SURE THEY GET HOME ALIVE EVERY NIGHT. Selfish bastards. And you say more people need to follow the rules. There are social rules too. Physician, heal thy self.

    I was married to someone who had problems with authority. Like that black woman. Perhaps like you. What kind of ****ing idiot calls someone to see if she had to give her name? Turns her back on a police officer and walks away? I am so tired of this latest black mantra: I was disrespected! Or better yet: She called me out my name. What fools.

    We sure do live in a ****ed up world...
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  8. #148
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,830

    Re: Black Lives, Blue Lives or Something Else. Which lives matter?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I have to laugh at your post, Chris. You dress like a thug and are then surprised you aren't treated like someone other than thug by GUYS WHO WANT TO MAKE SURE THEY GET HOME ALIVE EVERY NIGHT. Selfish bastards. And you say more people need to follow the rules. There are social rules too. Physician, heal thy self.

    I was married to someone who had problems with authority. Like that black woman. Perhaps like you. What kind of ****ing idiot calls someone to see if she had to give her name? Turns her back on a police officer and walks away? I am so tired of this latest black mantra: I was disrespected! Or better yet: She called me out my name. What fools.

    We sure do live in a ****ed up world...
    Thug? Who the **** said anything about thug... I see you are ok with cops being biased. So i look like a grungey bum cuz I never buy new clothes. That doesnt give cops a right to stop me for no reason and start making up **** about me.

    Why wouldnt you want 100% monitorization of a public servant on the job, when that servant has the ability to take life and make stuff up? Are you insane? ITS A VOLENTEER JOB.
    Like a stone. A bit bigger than the dirt. Waiting. Except not.

  9. #149
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    43,927

    Re: Black Lives, Blue Lives or Something Else. Which lives matter?

    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    FYI- Zimmerman doesn't just "LOOK white" - he is white. Just like me our race is white and our ethnicity would be Hispanic.
    Which begs the question of why opposing illegal immigration makes someone racist.

  10. #150
    Sage



    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    40,745
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: Black Lives, Blue Lives or Something Else. Which lives matter?

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    Thug? Who the **** said anything about thug... I see you are ok with cops being biased. So i look like a grungey bum cuz I never buy new clothes. That doesnt give cops a right to stop me for no reason and start making up **** about me.

    Why wouldnt you want 100% monitorization of a public servant on the job, when that servant has the ability to take life and make stuff up? Are you insane? ITS A VOLENTEER JOB.
    Where did I EVER say I was against anything of the sort. Body cams and dash cams should be standard issue.

    You look like a grungey bum because you want to. Tattered and torn? Ridiculous. You probably look like a druggie. You could counter that at your first moment of interaction with a cop. But you've got a worse perception of HIM at first glance than he does of you.

    You think it's nothing to be a cop...who walks around all shift with a target on his back...who can die walking up to a car to issue a speeding ticket...who runs TOWARD the danger the rest of us run from. There are some bad apples. They should be in jail. The cops in this video, in this instance, aren't of that ilk.

    She was a jerk. I blame al sharpton and his crew in various disguises for somehow imparting that it's smart and brave to try to assert one's rights with a cop on the street. Idiots all.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •