View Poll Results: Which lives matter?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black lives

    3 5.45%
  • Blue lives

    4 7.27%
  • All lives

    42 76.36%
  • No lives - everyone sucks

    6 10.91%
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 169

Thread: Black Lives, Blue Lives or Something Else. Which lives matter?

  1. #121
    Sage
    Sherman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,770

    Re: Black Lives, Blue Lives or Something Else. Which lives matter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    And therein lies the problem.
    Those they choose to represent this so-called plight.
    The problem is that they chose to represent what they believe is an injustice?

  2. #122
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    05-23-17 @ 06:23 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,018

    Re: Black Lives, Blue Lives or Something Else. Which lives matter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman123 View Post
    The problem is that they chose to represent what they believe is an injustice?
    Brown? The criminal thug who had attacked an Officer?
    A very poor choice (as most of them are) which just says the movement is bs whining.



    Complaining about those who are treated properly based on their own actions is asinine.
    It is crying wolf.


    Then the retards who were originally pushing the Brown bs compound their idiocy with a Memorial Plaque based on, yep, you guessed it, more bs.
    Talk about rewriting history!




    Yeah, he left an afterglow of smiles alright, on the faces of criminals.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  3. #123
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    23,223

    Re: Black Lives, Blue Lives or Something Else. Which lives matter?

    So now the thread has reached the point of asking everybody again, do ALL LIVES really MATTER?



    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Brown? The criminal thug who had attacked an Officer?
    A very poor choice (as most of them are) which just says the movement is bs whining.



    Complaining about those who are treated properly based on their own actions is asinine.
    It is crying wolf.


    Then the retards who were originally pushing the Brown bs compound their idiocy with a Memorial Plaque based on, yep, you guessed it, more bs.
    Talk about rewriting history!




    Yeah, he left an afterglow of smiles alright, on the faces of criminals.

  4. #124
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    50,433

    Re: Black Lives, Blue Lives or Something Else. Which lives matter?

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    So now the thread has reached the point of asking everybody again, do ALL LIVES really MATTER?
    In context...how is it demonstrated that all these other lives matter? There were 81 people in two cities shot and 19 of them killed in one weekend. That's pretty ****ing tragic. We aren't talking a convenience store thug here...we are talking many innocents caught in the crossfire of straight up victims of attacks. Where are the pickets? Where are the protests? 37 people dead in one month in Baltimore...most recently a mother and her son. Where is the outrage? Where is the AG? Where are the race batters and charlatans?

    Black lives don't matter. People don't even offer the pretense that they do. THOSE black lives are different. THOSE black lives don't even merit a decent sidewalk disturbance.

  5. #125
    Professor
    Mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,273

    Re: Black Lives, Blue Lives or Something Else. Which lives matter?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    If we are being honest...you would caveat that with black lives, that can be exploited for political gain, matter.

    There were 19 black lives lost and 69 wounded in TWO cities over the memorial day weekend (Chicago and Baltimore).

    You wont see anyone taking to the streets over them.
    Of course you won't, because the media won't cover it. There are far more marches and protests to stop gang violence than there were over Freddie Gray. People who watch the news just don't care about a story that lacks group A getting angry and violent toward group B. It's the mainstream media and the people who closely follow it that don't care about the nearly 90 black men and women killed and hurt over Memorial Day Weekend. The people of Chicago and Baltimore definitely care about it, and if you don't think so, you should go and ask the people who live there.
    A working class hero is something to be

  6. #126
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    50,433

    Re: Black Lives, Blue Lives or Something Else. Which lives matter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    Of course you won't, because the media won't cover it. There are far more marches and protests to stop gang violence than there were over Freddie Gray. People who watch the news just don't care about a story that lacks group A getting angry and violent toward group B. It's the mainstream media and the people who closely follow it that don't care about the nearly 90 black men and women killed and hurt over Memorial Day Weekend. The people of Chicago and Baltimore definitely care about it, and if you don't think so, you should go and ask the people who live there.
    Really? Funny..,because every time this comes up, someone trots out an article that is titled roughly "WHo says people dont care" and then they post a link to a rally held by 12 people 9 years ago, 30 people 6 years ago, a candlelight vigil that almost got held 2 years ago but had to be cancelled because people were afraid to attend, or the rally in Chicago that really was just a teachers rally meant to get more teachers and higher salaries from 6 years ago...they post this 'plethora' of links from smatterings of communities over 15 years that is supposed to somehow equal the outrage. Sort of like what you just talked about. Of course...you are probably different. You are going to show us all these current ongoing events and activities...things rivaling thee anti-cop rallies but arent getting media attention. You arent going to trot out some article about 9 people marching in Gary Indiana back in 2007. Are you.

  7. #127
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    50,433

    Re: Black Lives, Blue Lives or Something Else. Which lives matter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    Of course you won't, because the media won't cover it. There are far more marches and protests to stop gang violence than there were over Freddie Gray. People who watch the news just don't care about a story that lacks group A getting angry and violent toward group B. It's the mainstream media and the people who closely follow it that don't care about the nearly 90 black men and women killed and hurt over Memorial Day Weekend. The people of Chicago and Baltimore definitely care about it, and if you don't think so, you should go and ask the people who live there.
    Oh...and I'd like to ask some of those citizens....but they are afraid to open their doors these days.

    "I'm afraid to go outside," said Perrine, 47. "It's so bad, people are afraid to let their kids outside. People wake up with shots through their windows. Police used to sit on every corner, on the top of the block. These days? They're nowhere."

    Shocking. Their mayor throws them under the bus, the DA slaps ridiculous charges on police officers, cops were ordered to stand down...crowds are surrounding and threatening cops when they try to do their job...

    and cops arent as visible these days. Shocking.

    "Go away! Wait...come back! We love you...I mean **** you, pigs...why arent you here to save us?"

  8. #128
    Professor
    Mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,273

    Re: Black Lives, Blue Lives or Something Else. Which lives matter?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Oh...and I'd like to ask some of those citizens....but they are afraid to open their doors these days.

    "I'm afraid to go outside," said Perrine, 47. "It's so bad, people are afraid to let their kids outside. People wake up with shots through their windows. Police used to sit on every corner, on the top of the block. These days? They're nowhere."

    Shocking. Their mayor throws them under the bus, the DA slaps ridiculous charges on police officers, cops were ordered to stand down...crowds are surrounding and threatening cops when they try to do their job...

    and cops arent as visible these days. Shocking.

    "Go away! Wait...come back! We love you...I mean **** you, pigs...why arent you here to save us?"
    Or maybe it's something like "we want police here to help us, but not police who abuse their power and target black people for being black." That seems like a reasonable message.

    And I'm going to take a wild guess and say that there's another reason you would never go to inner city Baltimore or Detroit. I would love for you to spend a day in their shoes.
    Last edited by Mustachio; 05-29-15 at 02:18 AM.
    A working class hero is something to be

  9. #129
    Professor
    Mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,273

    Re: Black Lives, Blue Lives or Something Else. Which lives matter?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Really? Funny..,because every time this comes up, someone trots out an article that is titled roughly "WHo says people dont care" and then they post a link to a rally held by 12 people 9 years ago, 30 people 6 years ago, a candlelight vigil that almost got held 2 years ago but had to be cancelled because people were afraid to attend, or the rally in Chicago that really was just a teachers rally meant to get more teachers and higher salaries from 6 years ago...they post this 'plethora' of links from smatterings of communities over 15 years that is supposed to somehow equal the outrage. Sort of like what you just talked about. Of course...you are probably different. You are going to show us all these current ongoing events and activities...things rivaling thee anti-cop rallies but arent getting media attention. You arent going to trot out some article about 9 people marching in Gary Indiana back in 2007. Are you.
    I've never read the article you're referring to or seen it posted. I'll be happy to post some links, though. Unfortunately, nobody will be able to find anything about recent gang violence protests in Baltimore because the first thousand pages of google are filled with Freddie Gray stories. I'll be happy to share the latest from the last few years, and since you mention Chicago:

    Here's one from Chicago from 2013 (500 people, not 9)
    Social media initiative to stop the gang violence in Chicago
    And in a Chicago community in 2012, once again attended by hundreds
    Again, hundreds of people in Springfield, Mass from 2014

    Harlem and Newark have had protests in recent years. Chicago has had a lot of them. Detroit has had them. I can keep posting links but what's the point? You prefer your narrative and would rather change the facts than your opinion. It took me 5 minutes to find those ones and there are hundreds more from recent years. So that's hundreds of protests with hundreds of people, which over the years add up to hundreds of thousands that protest gang violence. It's not just protests, it's community outreach programs, state government action, involvement with families and schools, etc. Al Sharpton has spoken about it so many times that it would take forever just to post all the links here.

    Gang violence is something these people have to live with. People who live in the inner city are threatened by gang violence. Members of their family are shot. Some members of their family may be the ones shooting people. For them, this is life and death. For you, it's a political talking point. That seems pretty disgusting to me.
    A working class hero is something to be

  10. #130
    Actually I am.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,388

    Re: Black Lives, Blue Lives or Something Else. Which lives matter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman123 View Post
    Are people really so confused by the "Black Lives Matter" slogan that they have to insist on this pedantic "Hurr durr I care about all lives!" distinction? Obviously the people who sport the slogan aren't saying that other peoples lives are less important. They are using the slogan because they believe there is an identifiable group of people who have been singled out for discrimination and terrible practices when it comes to their interactions with the police and that therefore their deaths should receive special attention to rectify this alleged injustice. "Black Lives Matter" is a response to a perceived injustice not some brainless belief that only 'black lives' matter.
    So..... why wasn't this brought up when 2200 black guys killed other black guys in 2013? I mean, those lives mattered, too. Where was all the marching for them? The sign-carrying, the petition-signing. Why does it only have to have a trendy hashtag if they are killed by someone white? Or killed by a cop? Even if you say that, no, all lives don't matter in this instance, because we are talking about black lives - why not all black lives? They all matter, don't they?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by OrphanSlug
    Asking Sarah Palin to head up the Department of Education is like asking Hitler to head up a human rights advocacy group.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •