View Poll Results: Was Ronald Reagan the best President of the all times?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm a right leaning American, yes

    2 2.20%
  • I'm a right leaning American, yes and the United Statss needs a President like him now

    9 9.89%
  • I'm a left leaning American, yes

    0 0%
  • I'm a left leaning American, yes and the United States needs a President like him now

    1 1.10%
  • I'm a right leaning American, no

    23 25.27%
  • I'm a left leaning American, no

    41 45.05%
  • I'm not from America, yes

    1 1.10%
  • I'm not from America, no

    14 15.38%
Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 278

Thread: Is Ronald Reagan the best President all time?

  1. #201
    Godwin's Lawyer
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    10,055

    Re: Is Ronald Reagan the best President all time?

    Quote Originally Posted by sawdust View Post
    In capitalism supply side is the only side.
    "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." --First Amendment to the United States Constitution

  2. #202
    Godwin's Lawyer
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    10,055

    Re: Is Ronald Reagan the best President all time?

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    I think if more Conservatives read the Federalist Papers (1-10 in this case), they'd think differently of some of their deeply held views. Because to be perfectly honest, much of what they ushered in would be viewed as tyrannical by many of the Founding Fathers they claim to support and emulate.
    Without question. Maybe, just maybe, they would see that the Founders themselves didn't perceive what they were saying as absolute truth or dogma.
    "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." --First Amendment to the United States Constitution

  3. #203
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    06-27-15 @ 04:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    2,191

    Re: Is Ronald Reagan the best President all time?

    Reagan was one of the best modern US presidents primarily because he expanded government (primarily Defense Spending) more than FDR while at the same time indirectly and directly by doing so fueled the private sector.


    Reagan was the greatest American Socialist (and socialist period) of human history. He spent more on government than Stalin, Hitler and FDR combined. He literally doubled or even tripled the size of US defense spending which essentially fostered the private sector advancement as well through that spending. This is something the average person totally misunderstands though both on the left and right.

  4. #204
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    03-26-17 @ 01:04 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    23,006

    Re: Is Ronald Reagan the best President all time?

    Quote Originally Posted by sawdust View Post
    In capitalism supply side is the only side. The cold war was over until a very weak administration allowed lesser powers to restart it. Smart foreign policy understands the proper use of power, both politically and economically. The last seven years have been a text book lesson in what not to do with power.
    Yeah, who needs demand for product and services? They look just great on the shelves and magazine pages. [i]There is no cold war[i]: don't forget how GW Bush jumped in a fighter jet to deal with Russia when they invaded Georgia... And let's not forget how Ronald Reagan himself waved the flag and sent troops into Lebanon after 200 servicemen were killed in their sleep by a truck bomb: he tucked tail and ran...

    The last seven years has the Dow at 18,000 and unemployment at 5.6%, and health care to those who didn't have it, so yeah, nuthin much.

    As for Russia today, the one thing that Putin does not want to do is piss US off. Hitler was the last one to do that and it didn't work out so well for'em.
    “looking with fondness towards a reconciliation with Great Britain…I…would rather be dependent on Great Britain, properly limited, than with any other nation on earth or on no nation”. Thomas Jefferson; August 25 1775

  5. #205
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 04:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: Is Ronald Reagan the best President all time?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan5 View Post
    Reagan was one of the best modern US presidents primarily because he expanded government (primarily Defense Spending) more than FDR while at the same time indirectly and directly by doing so fueled the private sector.


    Reagan was the greatest American Socialist (and socialist period) of human history. He spent more on government than Stalin, Hitler and FDR combined. He literally doubled or even tripled the size of US defense spending which essentially fostered the private sector advancement as well through that spending. This is something the average person totally misunderstands though both on the left and right.
    Much of what you said is true. The big problem with Reagan is that the industrial sector he promoted and subsidized, defense, was already too big, has too much political power, creates products that do meet the needs of the people, wastes resources on a lot of unecessary products, and puts too many resources into a sector that is not as efficient at creating jobs as almost any other industry.

    He raised taxes without providing any observable benefit to most people, helping to increase hostility towards all government spending and taxation.

  6. #206
    Guru
    sawdust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    03-04-16 @ 08:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,177

    Re: Is Ronald Reagan the best President all time?

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah, who needs demand for product and services? They look just great on the shelves and magazine pages. [i]There is no cold war[i]: don't forget how GW Bush jumped in a fighter jet to deal with Russia when they invaded Georgia... And let's not forget how Ronald Reagan himself waved the flag and sent troops into Lebanon after 200 servicemen were killed in their sleep by a truck bomb: he tucked tail and ran...

    The last seven years has the Dow at 18,000 and unemployment at 5.6%, and health care to those who didn't have it, so yeah, nuthin much.

    As for Russia today, the one thing that Putin does not want to do is piss US off. Hitler was the last one to do that and it didn't work out so well for'em.
    Commerce depends on supply and demand but that's not what supply side is about. Supply side economics is about reducing barriers to production and services and making capital investments. It's true supply needs customers because nothing works in a vacuum but economic growth relies on employment and employment increases when production increases. In addition, money doesn't flow from where it's not to where it is.

    There was a cold war, it ended with the end of the Soviet Union. It's coming back and the marker was Clinton's Russian reset.

    I was listening to Bernie Sanders the other day and he claimed the real unemployment rate was 13%. That's the only thing I agree with Bernie about. He arrived at that by taking the number of unemployment claims and adding the 92 million that are able bodied and out of the labor market in the labor participation rate.

    Obamanomics is good for Wall Street. It involves the Fed printing money every month and an unreasonably low interest rate. Does that sound like it will end well to you?

    Putin pisses us off every week. We will never have a physical altercation with them because of mutually assured destruction however NATO does have some clout in our relationship.
    "A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury." Attributed to Alexander Tytler

  7. #207
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    06-27-15 @ 04:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    2,191

    Re: Is Ronald Reagan the best President all time?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    Much of what you said is true. The big problem with Reagan is that the industrial sector he promoted and subsidized, defense, was already too big, has too much political power, creates products that do meet the needs of the people, wastes resources on a lot of unecessary products, and puts too many resources into a sector that is not as efficient at creating jobs as almost any other industry.

    He raised taxes without providing any observable benefit to most people, helping to increase hostility towards all government spending and taxation.

    Oh I don't agree.


    8/10 govt. AND private sector workers today owe their incomes to the defense spending of Ronald Reagan. The defense tech that is now in use in IT is tech that was developed through such spending. Many private companies today owe their existence to defense contracts from the Reagan era. The defense sector is actually a highly productive, if not the most productive and beneficial sector for the US economy both directly and indirectly.


    Anti-war types and Liberals simply don't like this reality so they try to paint it as somehow invalid.



    The average person though doesn't understand the hard bolts of politics and economics. They inject emotions into it where there should be none. They simply will never understand how the world actually functions on the ground and the poll is evidence of this. Most people do not understand the concept of cumulative results and direct and indirect impacts. Such concepts to the average person are mere conspiracy. They don't have the IQ's to process them.
    Last edited by Ryan5; 05-23-15 at 05:30 PM.

  8. #208
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 03:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: Is Ronald Reagan the best President all time?

    Quote Originally Posted by sawdust View Post
    I'm gong to assume that you are intelligent enough to know what I was talking about. Should I not give you that much credit?
    I'm going to assume that based on this post, you are saying we should take nothing you say at literal face value

  9. #209
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 03:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: Is Ronald Reagan the best President all time?

    Quote Originally Posted by sawdust View Post
    Commerce depends on supply and demand but that's not what supply side is about. Supply side economics is about reducing barriers to production and services and making capital investments. It's true supply needs customers because nothing works in a vacuum but economic growth relies on employment and employment increases when production increases. In addition, money doesn't flow from where it's not to where it is.

    There was a cold war, it ended with the end of the Soviet Union. It's coming back and the marker was Clinton's Russian reset.

    I was listening to Bernie Sanders the other day and he claimed the real unemployment rate was 13%. That's the only thing I agree with Bernie about. He arrived at that by taking the number of unemployment claims and adding the 92 million that are able bodied and out of the labor market in the labor participation rate.

    Obamanomics is good for Wall Street. It involves the Fed printing money every month and an unreasonably low interest rate. Does that sound like it will end well to you?

    Putin pisses us off every week. We will never have a physical altercation with them because of mutually assured destruction however NATO does have some clout in our relationship.

    considering the population of the usa is ~320M, 92M would equate to at least 25% unemployment, regardless of being added to anything.

  10. #210
    Guru
    sawdust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    03-04-16 @ 08:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,177

    Re: Is Ronald Reagan the best President all time?

    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    I'm going to assume that based on this post, you are saying we should take nothing you say at literal face value
    You are free to do what you wish.
    Last edited by sawdust; 05-23-15 at 06:08 PM.
    "A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury." Attributed to Alexander Tytler

Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •