View Poll Results: What do you think about Dick Cheney?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • I think he was great, America needs a President like him

    3 5.66%
  • America does not need a President like him

    25 47.17%
  • We was a good Vice President

    7 13.21%
  • other

    18 33.96%
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 189

Thread: What do you think about Dick Cheney

  1. #161
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: What do you think about Dick Cheney

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Especially when Supreme Court Justice O'Connor blew a gasket at her election party upon hearing that NBC called Florida for Gore.
    "We were supposed to win Florida".

    Though years later, Sandra Day would call this her worst decision later .
    the really bad decision-and I realize you aren't a trial lawyer so you might not understand why it was so awful-was the SCOFLAW that overturned those Dem Judges' FINDINGS OF FACT as well as their conclusions of law.

    Overturning the trier of fact's finding of facts is almost unheard of in american jurisprudence and yet the SCOFLAW did it seven times in one week

    the SCOFLAW decision was an abomination and the Supremes had to smack those low grade turkeys around.

    Bush would have easily won Florida but for the fact that at least 10,000 pro Bush voters in the Central time zone of Florida abandoned the polls after the election was called for Sore/Loserman

    and the Democrat election theft campaign screwed themselves by extending the contest period to the detriment of the protest period and thus encroached on the safe harbor provisions for Florida reporting its electoral votes



  2. #162
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: What do you think about Dick Cheney

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Yet a conservative poster on here yesterday proclaimed FDR as one of the greatest Presidents--go figure .
    Oh he was a "great" president if you rank greatness based on how effective he was in getting his agenda implemented. Stalin was a "Great" leader in getting his collectivization of the Soviet farming industry implement even though he killed up to 40 million doing it. Oriana Fallaci noted that Stalin was a great leader of Russia during the war even though his human rights abuses were second to none and he was a horrible person . so when we call a leader "great" we have to define what that means.

    I would rate FDR as among the most effective presidents in achieving what he wanted. However, his impact on America was anathema to our constitution and our concept of a limited government. He clearly should have been impeached and as I noted, the USA would have been far better off if there had been no second term of FDR



  3. #163
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,762

    Re: What do you think about Dick Cheney

    Quote Originally Posted by Monte View Post
    Personally, I would much rather be water-boarded than killed by a drone.
    The uproar and demonization of Cheney seems pretty hypocritical and partisan to me considering the current POTUS and his actions.
    Revision of Bush/Cheney/Rummy history began early during GWB's 2nd term by Cheney/Rummy and continues to this day.

    As for the repetition of the GOP's lies, that began with Nixon/Atwater and their "Southern Strategy".
    Most would consider Willie Horton "Nixon/Atwater 2.0", though Bush-41's lying about Dole was up there.
    As was Bush-43's lying about McCain in 2000.

    Then we had Nixon/Atwater 3.0 with the swift-boating of Kerry.
    Now we're both witnessing Nixon/Atwater 4.0 with the 24/7 FOX/RW swift-boating of Obama/Clinton.

    Kind of like the progression of Microsoft huh ?
    Physics is Phun

  4. #164
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,762

    Re: What do you think about Dick Cheney

    I don't hear anything here about those "chad" machines in poor DEM voting precincts.
    Something the GOP has made into an art form in your Ohio with fewer and older machines in "colored" folk precincts.

    And nothing on my two O'Connor comments either.
    Must suck to defend th election of a guy who damaged the living **** out of this Nation.

    And now J.E.B. proves he has that "Atwater" thing.
    Accusing Obama of wasting the memory of Bush/Cheney's dead soldiers.
    Pretty sleazy of J.E.B. don't you think?
    As he realizes how he must win the GOP nomination.
    Tacking to a place he said he'd never go .

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    the really bad decision-and I realize you aren't a trial lawyer so you might not understand why it was so awful-was the SCOFLAW that overturned those Dem Judges' FINDINGS OF FACT as well as their conclusions of law.

    Overturning the trier of fact's finding of facts is almost unheard of in american jurisprudence and yet the SCOFLAW did it seven times in one week

    the SCOFLAW decision was an abomination and the Supremes had to smack those low grade turkeys around.

    Bush would have easily won Florida but for the fact that at least 10,000 pro Bush voters in the Central time zone of Florida abandoned the polls after the election was called for Sore/Loserman

    and the Democrat election theft campaign screwed themselves by extending the contest period to the detriment of the protest period and thus encroached on the safe harbor provisions for Florida reporting its electoral votes
    Physics is Phun

  5. #165
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,762

    Re: What do you think about Dick Cheney

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Oh he was a "great" president if you rank greatness based on how effective he was in getting his agenda implemented. Stalin was a "Great" leader in getting his collectivization of the Soviet farming industry implement even though he killed up to 40 million doing it. Oriana Fallaci noted that Stalin was a great leader of Russia during the war even though his human rights abuses were second to none and he was a horrible person . so when we call a leader "great" we have to define what that means.
    It's become common practice on this board for GOP posters to liken DEMs like FDR to Stalin.
    I will always refer to this as the "Nixon/Atwater" aspect of the GOP alive and well today, in its 21st century high-tech form.

    I would rate FDR as among the most effective presidents in achieving what he wanted. However, his impact on America was anathema to our constitution and our concept of a limited government. He clearly should have been impeached and as I noted, the USA would have been far better off if there had been no second term of FDR
    No FDR in his 2nd term would have meant Hitler/Tojo taking over the World.
    You're well aware of the complicity of the 1930s GOP working with Nazi Germany .
    Physics is Phun

  6. #166
    Sage
    SenorXm/Sirius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,684

    Re: What do you think about Dick Cheney

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    However, his impact on America was anathema to our constitution and our concept of a limited government.
    Yet you defend George Bush who grew the government at record levels and thanks to Home Land Security and the Patriot Act wiped his rear end with the Constitution.

    Where's your cries that Bush should have been impeached?
    "Big or small, I don't like rabbits. They always look like they're about to say something, but they never do."
    Raj Koothrappali

  7. #167
    Professor
    distraff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    02-25-16 @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,300

    Re: What do you think about Dick Cheney

    Quote Originally Posted by ConsvLiberal View Post
    I think he was a controversial Vice President. What do you think?
    "I think they're in the last throes, if you will, of the insurgency." -- Dick Cheney on the Iraq insurgency, June 20, 2005

  8. #168
    Black Is Smart
    Van Basten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The New New Frontier
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 07:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,661

    Re: What do you think about Dick Cheney

    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Contrarian View Post
    I'm just glad that war criminal Dubya didn't die, because Cheney - with his "One Percent Doctrine" - would have had us in yet more wars. Both of them need to be standing trial at The Hague for what they did.
    If he were to be tried, it needs to be in the USA.
    "We have more responsibility than power, I think. The newspaper can create great controversies, stir up arguments within the community or discussion, can throw light on injustices....just as it can do the opposite. It can hide things and be a great power for evil." -- Rupert Murdoch, 1968

  9. #169
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    15,498

    Re: What do you think about Dick Cheney

    Quote Originally Posted by Van Basten View Post
    If he were to be tried, it needs to be in the USA.
    I disagree. If we are to hold war criminals from other nations accountable by sending them to stand trial in The Hague, we have to show that we are not hypocrites, that we will hold our own equally accountable in the same way.
    “To do evil, a human being must first of all believe that what he’s doing is good" - Solzhenitsyn

    "...with the terrorists, you have to take out their families." - Donald Trump

  10. #170
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:10 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,785

    Re: What do you think about Dick Cheney

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    the really bad decision-and I realize you aren't a trial lawyer so you might not understand why it was so awful-was the SCOFLAW that overturned those Dem Judges' FINDINGS OF FACT as well as their conclusions of law.

    Overturning the trier of fact's finding of facts is almost unheard of in american jurisprudence and yet the SCOFLAW did it seven times in one week

    the SCOFLAW decision was an abomination and the Supremes had to smack those low grade turkeys around.

    Bush would have easily won Florida but for the fact that at least 10,000 pro Bush voters in the Central time zone of Florida abandoned the polls after the election was called for Sore/Loserman

    and the Democrat election theft campaign screwed themselves by extending the contest period to the detriment of the protest period and thus encroached on the safe harbor provisions for Florida reporting its electoral votes
    Why did the majority rule that the decision in Bush v. Gore applied only to the 2000 election? Basically saying, this is our reasoning but you can't use it as precedent for any future cases regarding conflicting views on vote counting.
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •