View Poll Results: Do You Believe in Natural Rights?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    36 41.38%
  • No

    51 58.62%
Page 99 of 100 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100 LastLast
Results 981 to 990 of 994

Thread: Do You Believe In Natural Rights?

  1. #981
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Do You Believe In Natural Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    It was only the comparison you chose dogs vs land. Dogs are self active, while land just sits there. It's hard to stop the dog farting or put the land in the car and move to Oregon. But never mind. I was omonly musing.
    Land doesn't just sit there. It is constantly in motion. There is erosion and animals and tremors and plants growing, so much natural movement of land. It may not move on its own, but plenty of stuff on it and in it moves it just the same.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  2. #982
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    22,445

    Re: Do You Believe In Natural Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    the organic laws of the u.s. form its foundation, and you find that natural law is part of that foundation via the laws of the u.s. ..it is impossible for ANY of you to use u.s. law to support you concepts of rights.... because to have such a law on the books would go against the very principles/ foundation of america, so not such law exist for you to make a case.


    In the United States, unwritten law takes on a variety of forms. In Constitutional Law the Supreme Court has ruled that the due process clause of the Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments to the U.S. Constitution protects the right to privacy even though the word privacy is not mentioned in the written text of the Constitution.

    rights are .....unwritten law

    Uh huh....

    I see you still wallowing in delusional perceptions of WHY these "HISTORICAL DOCUMENTS" were included in the "preface of these titles".

    Wave your magic wand, Earnest... ...and POOF...our UNWRITTEN LAWS APPEAR IN THE CLOUDS.

    Rights are unwritten, huh? Yes, we get the "hocus pocus origin" that you claim. I dream about it.

    Right to Privacy wasn't flying around in the air somewhere. It was an erroneous omission. That ommission was an error relative to the times.

    Why the "Right to Privacy" isn't written - who knows? But the error was discovered by numerous S.C. Justices who have said: Various Amendments would collapse without Right to Privacy being an intricate part of the meaning of those Amendments. In other words, no interpretations would be accurate without such an important aspect being incorporated into the letter of the meaning of those Amendments.

    It's not rocket science. If you could understand the functions of the Judicial Branch of Government, common law, and Constitutional law, all of this would be clear to you. Our judicial system wasn't complete in any sense of the word when it came into being in the late 1700s. It was a work in progress then...and it remains so today. It's malleable. It's forever changing.

    Yes, the toe bone is connected to the foot bone. The foot bone is connected to the leg bone. The leg bone is connected to the hip bone. Yadda, yadda, yadda. The evolution of our system of government began centuries ago. None of what the founders did was new. They tweaked many, many ideas that came way before them. It's evolutionary thinking...not magical thinking...that brought us to where we are today with civil law.

  3. #983
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 10:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,333

    Re: Do You Believe In Natural Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    Uh huh....

    I see you still wallowing in delusional perceptions of WHY these "HISTORICAL DOCUMENTS" were included in the "preface of these titles".

    Wave your magic wand, Earnest... ...and POOF...our UNWRITTEN LAWS APPEAR IN THE CLOUDS.
    USLEGAL.COM

    Unwritten law refers to the law based upon custom, usage, and judicial decisions. It is distinguished from the enactments of a legislature, orders or decrees in writing. Although an unwritten law is not enacted in the form of statute or ordinance, it has got legal sanction. An unwritten law need not be expressly evidenced in court decisions, but may be collected, gathered or implied there from under statute.

    http://definitions.uslegal.com/u/unwritten-law/

    Unwritten Law

    Unwritten rules, principles, and norms that have the effect and force of law though they have not been formally enacted by the government.

    Most laws in America are written. The U.S. Code, the Code of Federal Regulations, and the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure are three examples of written laws that are frequently cited in federal court. Each state has a similar body of written laws. By contrast, unwritten law consists of those customs, traditions, practices, usages, and other maxims of human conduct that the government has recognized and enforced.

    Unwritten law is most commonly found in primitive societies where illiteracy is prevalent. Because many residents in such societies cannot read or write, there is little point in publishing written laws to govern their conduct. Instead, societal disputes in primitive societies are resolved informally, through appeal to unwritten maxims of fairness or popularly accepted modes of behavior. Litigants present their claims orally in most primitive societies, and judges announce their decisions in the same fashion. The governing body in primitive societies typically enforces the useful traditions that are widely practiced in the community, while those practices that are novel or harmful fall into disuse or are discouraged.

    Much of International Law is a form of primitive unwritten law. For centuries the Rules of War governing hostilities between belligerents consisted of a body of unwritten law. While some of these rules have been codified by international bodies such as the United Nations, many have not. For example, retaliatory reprisals against acts of Terrorism by a foreign government are still governed by unwritten customs in the international community. Each nation also retains discretion in formulating a response to the aggressive acts of a neighboring state.

    In the United States, unwritten law takes on a variety of forms. In Constitutional Law the Supreme Court has ruled that the due process clause of the Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments to the U.S. Constitution protects the right to privacy even though the word privacy is not mentioned in the written text of the Constitution. In Commercial Law the Uniform Commercial Code permits merchants to resolve legal disputes by introducing evidence of unwritten customs, practices, and usages that others in the same trade generally follow. The entire body of Common Law,
    comprising cases decided by judges on matters relating to torts and contracts, among other things, is said to reflect unwritten standards that have evolved over time. In each case, however, once a court, legislature, or other government body formally adopts a standard, principle, or Maxim in writing, it ceases to be an unwritten law.

    unwritten law legal definition of unwritten law
    Last edited by Master PO; 05-29-15 at 01:18 PM.

  4. #984
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    22,445

    Re: Do You Believe In Natural Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    USLEAGL.COM

    Unwritten law refers to the law based upon custom, usage, and judicial decisions. It is distinguished from the enactments of a legislature, orders or decrees in writing. Although an unwritten law is not enacted in the form of statute or ordinance, it has got legal sanction. An unwritten law need not be expressly evidenced in court decisions, but may be collected, gathered or implied there from under statute.

    Unwritten Law Law & Legal Definition

    Unwritten Law

    Unwritten rules, principles, and norms that have the effect and force of law though they have not been formally enacted by the government.

    Most laws in America are written. The U.S. Code, the Code of Federal Regulations, and the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure are three examples of written laws that are frequently cited in federal court. Each state has a similar body of written laws. By contrast, unwritten law consists of those customs, traditions, practices, usages, and other maxims of human conduct that the government has recognized and enforced.

    Unwritten law is most commonly found in primitive societies where illiteracy is prevalent. Because many residents in such societies cannot read or write, there is little point in publishing written laws to govern their conduct. Instead, societal disputes in primitive societies are resolved informally, through appeal to unwritten maxims of fairness or popularly accepted modes of behavior. Litigants present their claims orally in most primitive societies, and judges announce their decisions in the same fashion. The governing body in primitive societies typically enforces the useful traditions that are widely practiced in the community, while those practices that are novel or harmful fall into disuse or are discouraged.

    Much of International Law is a form of primitive unwritten law. For centuries the Rules of War governing hostilities between belligerents consisted of a body of unwritten law. While some of these rules have been codified by international bodies such as the United Nations, many have not. For example, retaliatory reprisals against acts of Terrorism by a foreign government are still governed by unwritten customs in the international community. Each nation also retains discretion in formulating a response to the aggressive acts of a neighboring state.

    In the United States, unwritten law takes on a variety of forms. In Constitutional Law the Supreme Court has ruled that the due process clause of the Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments to the U.S. Constitution protects the right to privacy even though the word privacy is not mentioned in the written text of the Constitution. In Commercial Law the Uniform Commercial Code permits merchants to resolve legal disputes by introducing evidence of unwritten customs, practices, and usages that others in the same trade generally follow. The entire body of Common Law,
    comprising cases decided by judges on matters relating to torts and contracts, among other things, is said to reflect unwritten standards that have evolved over time. In each case, however, once a court, legislature, or other government body formally adopts a standard, principle, or Maxim in writing, it ceases to be an unwritten law.

    unwritten law legal definition of unwritten law
    You know how many times you've posted the above? This is a stone cold example of your lack of understand how civil law has evolved.


  5. #985
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 10:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,333

    Re: Do You Believe In Natural Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    You know how many times you've posted the above? This is a stone cold example of your lack of understand how civil law has evolved.

    it shows you cannot BUCK legal definition of unwritten law, and that rights are unwritten law , so instead you resort to posting things like this which do not rebut anything posted.

    your post is a complete deflection, and just stalling.

  6. #986
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    22,445

    Re: Do You Believe In Natural Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    it shows you cannot BUCK legal definition of unwritten law, and that rights are unwritten law , so instead you resort to posting things like this which do not rebut anything posted.

    your post is a complete deflection, and just stalling.
    You still don't get the evolution of civil law. You are going to cling to mythical thinking. And it's common for you to provide evidence to that.

  7. #987
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 10:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,333

    Re: Do You Believe In Natural Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    You still don't get the evolution of civil law. You are going to cling to mythical thinking. And it's common for you to provide evidence to that.
    i have provided my proof, the only thing you have provided you your own personal words.....i am still waiting for you to post law, showing your ideas/ concepts in american law.

  8. #988
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    22,445

    Re: Do You Believe In Natural Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    i have provided my proof, the only thing you have provided you your own personal words.....i am still waiting for you to post law, showing your ideas/ concepts in american law.
    Not playing this game with you in this thread. I've, along with many others, furnished you tons information, links, etc. Not going it again.

  9. #989
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 10:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,333

    Re: Do You Believe In Natural Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    Not playing this game with you in this thread. I've, along with many others, furnished you tons information, links, etc. Not going it again.
    still nothing, and thats all you will ever have, because its impossible to provide law proving your concerts, because thats is not american law....

  10. #990
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    22,445

    Re: Do You Believe In Natural Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    still nothing, and thats all you will ever have, because its impossible to provide law proving your concerts, because thats is not american law....
    Circle jerking, huh?


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •