View Poll Results: Do You Believe in Natural Rights?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    36 41.38%
  • No

    51 58.62%
Page 90 of 100 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 ... LastLast
Results 891 to 900 of 994

Thread: Do You Believe In Natural Rights?

  1. #891
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 10:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do You Believe In Natural Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Last week I showed you that UNalienable and INalienable are the same word:

    jerry you stated the DOI says inalienable, which it does not, and the constitution does not say such a thing at all.


    "The unalienable rights that are mentioned in the Declaration of Independence could just as well have been inalienable, which means the same thing. Inalienable or unalienable refers to that which cannot be given away or taken away."

    This also means that said rights could not have been "endowed by our Creator" because "endow" means "to give" and inalienable rights cannot be given.
    well jerry i posted that the words have 2 different meanings.

  2. #892
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 11:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Do You Believe In Natural Rights?

    FYI I don't read text placed inside the quote box. I consider it rude behavior because the respondent has to take extra steps to respond to it as the forum software doesn't place the previous quote box in the editor when writing a reply. If you would like what you write responded to, you will need to post normally.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    well jerry i posted that the words have 2 different meanings.
    And I just showed you that they mean the same thing.

  3. #893
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 10:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do You Believe In Natural Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    FYI I don't read text placed inside the quote box. I consider it rude behavior because the respondent has to take extra steps to respond to it as the forum software doesn't place the previous quote box in the editor when writing a reply. If you would like what you write responded to, you will need to post normally.

    And I just showed you that they mean the same thing.
    noted on the respond item..

    i showed that it had 2 meanings.

  4. #894
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,317

    Re: Do You Believe In Natural Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Constantine View Post
    That's one hell of a strawman argument.
    Get used to it, it's the only one he has.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  5. #895
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,317

    Re: Do You Believe In Natural Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    well jerry i posted that the words have 2 different meanings.
    No, you ASSERTED that the words have 2 different meanings. You're just wrong.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  6. #896
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 10:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do You Believe In Natural Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    No, you ASSERTED that the words have 2 different meanings. You're just wrong.
    yes i did assert a fact. i gave two different definitions from the dictionary, sorry but you missed that.

  7. #897
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 11:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Do You Believe In Natural Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    yes i did assert a fact. i gave two different definitions from the dictionary, sorry but you missed that.
    The dictionary says they are the same. For example. You are wrong. You have always been wrong on this topic. Pride alone keeps you here prisoner. Do yourself a favor and unsubscribe from this thread.

  8. #898
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 10:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do You Believe In Natural Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    The dictionary says they are the same. For example. You are wrong. You have always been wrong on this topic. Pride alone keeps you here prisoner. Do yourself a favor and unsubscribe from this thread.
    oh, my dictionary is ADAPTED TO THE CONSTITUTION AND LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND OF THE SEVERAL STATES OF THE AMERICAN UNION......is yours?

  9. #899
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 11:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Do You Believe In Natural Rights?

    A "Natural Right" is a right which cannot be taken away. Any and all rights can be taken away, including the right to life and liberty, therefore no natural rights exist. This means the Declaration of Independence is wrong. This mean the Constitution is wrong. This means the Supreme Court is wrong. This mean the law is wrong. This means the founding fathers were wrong.

  10. #900
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 10:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do You Believe In Natural Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    A "Natural Right" is a right which cannot be taken away. Any and all rights can be taken away, including the right to life and liberty, therefore no natural rights exist. This means the Declaration of Independence is wrong. This mean the Constitution is wrong. This means the Supreme Court is wrong. This mean the law is wrong. This means the founding fathers were wrong.
    and you are right?

    i notice i did not get an answer on that dictionary .

Page 90 of 100 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •