View Poll Results: Do You Believe in Natural Rights?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    36 41.38%
  • No

    51 58.62%
Page 41 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 994

Thread: Do You Believe In Natural Rights?

  1. #401
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do You Believe In Natural Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    you have posted nothing other than statements of faith from fellow believers - and that is worth less than the utilitarian value of one pound of garden manure.
    sorry i have posted law, legal definitions.....you and the others only posted you own personal words.

  2. #402
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Do You Believe In Natural Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    in original constitutional law, the u.s. federal government has no authority over the people....none!
    My how times have changed.

  3. #403
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:31 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,616

    Re: Do You Believe In Natural Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    in original constitutional law, the u.s. federal government has no authority over the people....none!
    And in the 225 years we have been under the Constitution, what single decision of the US Supreme Court agrees with this opinion about the limits of the Constitution?

    I dare you to come up with one single decision which says the absolute inane nonsense you just spewed here..... yet again.

    The fact is that your opinion on this is so extreme... so fringe ... so far out there ... so far divorced from reality - that not one Court decision in 225 takes that position.
    Not a one.

    That tells you just what such delusions are the product of.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  4. #404
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:31 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,616

    Re: Do You Believe In Natural Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    sorry i have posted law, legal definitions.....you and the others only posted you own personal words.
    You should be sorry as you have posted nothing other than statements of faith from fellow believers - and that is worth less than the utilitarian value of one pound of garden manure.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #405
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Do You Believe In Natural Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    sorry i have posted law, legal definitions.....you and the others only posted you own personal words.
    Logic should be everyone's vocabulary. Please stop hiding behind the Legalistic Falacy and come out in the sunlight.

  6. #406
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do You Believe In Natural Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by tomkat364 View Post
    Interesting that all the discussion of the DOI fails to mention the "creator' that grants the inalienable rights. This is not 'natural' rights, this is a religious statement, and very contrary to the current use of 'natural rights' as somehow existing free of constructs such as religion and society.
    UNALIENABLE rights



    The Declaration of Independence: A Transcription

    IN CONGRESS, July 4, 1776.

    The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America,

    When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

  7. #407
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Do You Believe In Natural Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    UNALIENABLE rights



    The Declaration of Independence: A Transcription

    IN CONGRESS, July 4, 1776.

    The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America,

    When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,
    That's what they got wrong, yes. Life and liberty certanly are alienable.

  8. #408
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do You Believe In Natural Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by jerry View Post
    logic should be everyone's vocabulary. Please stop hiding behind the legalistic falacy and come out in the sunlight.
    i did not know law, and legal definitions of law were falacy.

    Maybe you need to produce something to prove your case, instead of telling me i am wrong, and ...not posting any facts.

  9. #409
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do You Believe In Natural Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    That's what they got wrong, yes. Life and liberty certanly are alienable.
    sorry no!

  10. #410
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do You Believe In Natural Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    And in the 225 years we have been under the Constitution, what single decision of the US Supreme Court agrees with this opinion about the limits of the Constitution?

    I dare you to come up with one single decision which says the absolute inane nonsense you just spewed here..... yet again.

    The fact is that your opinion on this is so extreme... so fringe ... so far out there ... so far divorced from reality - that not one Court decision in 225 takes that position.
    Not a one.

    That tells you just what such delusions are the product of.
    emotional contention is not working for you.

Page 41 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •