View Poll Results: Do You Believe in Natural Rights?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    36 41.38%
  • No

    51 58.62%
Page 13 of 100 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 994

Thread: Do You Believe In Natural Rights?

  1. #121
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,097

    Re: Do You Believe In Natural Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Evidence of what? Your belief in Natural Rights? Your belief in the statement in the Declaration of Independence?

    You want evidence of beliefs that you previously were proud of?

    Amzing EB!!!! Simply Amazing beyond belief.

    So maybe I got it wrong about you. Clear the air once and for all and I won't try to state your position for you. Simply tell us

    1- do you believe in natural rights?
    2- do you agree with the statement in the Declaration that they come from a Creator?

    You can speak for yourself and lets cut out all the inane "he said she said". Step up - man up - let it rip.

    Of course, you will not.

    here is why you fail...repeatedly...

    i have said rights are natural, but i have also said rights come from a higher power not government, and that power is subjective to the reader of the DOI.

    i have said this many times, yet you CONTINUE to create things out of your own head and try to pin it to me, and when asked for the proof........you provide nothing and do your usual......"i don't know what you are talking about".....MO..Modus operandi
    Last edited by Master PO; 05-17-15 at 03:28 PM.

  2. #122
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    82,171

    Re: Do You Believe In Natural Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    here is why you fail...repeatedly...

    i have said rights are natural, but i have also said rights come from a higher power not government, and that power is subjective to the reader of the DOI.

    i have said this many times, yet you CONTINUE to create things out of your own head and try to pin it to me, and when asked for the proof........you provide nothing and do your usual......"i don't know what you are talking about".....MO..Modus operandi
    Do you believe that your so called natural rights come from a creator/ Creator?

    Looks like I was 100% right in my post to you

    So maybe I got it wrong about you. Clear the air once and for all and I won't try to state your position for you. Simply tell us

    1- do you believe in natural rights?
    2- do you agree with the statement in the Declaration that they come from a Creator?

    You can speak for yourself and lets cut out all the inane "he said she said". Step up - man up - let it rip.

    Of course, you will not.
    Still waiting for you to man up.

    Of course, you will continue to fail to do so.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  3. #123
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,097

    Re: Do You Believe In Natural Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Do you believe that your so called natural rights come from a creator/ Creator?
    are you asking for my personal belief.........OR....... are you asking FOR the interpretation of the DOI...BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT THE SAME.

  4. #124
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    82,171

    Re: Do You Believe In Natural Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    are you asking for my personal belief.........OR....... are you asking FOR the interpretation of the DOI...BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT THE SAME.
    So how are they different?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #125
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,097

    Re: Do You Believe In Natural Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    So how are they different?
    MY BELIEFS TAKE A BACK SEAT TO THE LAW, THE PRINCIPLES OF THE U.S.

    like you an many others i don't base laws on my own personal feelings/ emotions.

    i can say rights come from our humanity, while another person can say they come from god, and another from just simple nature, but the outcome is the same they do not come from a government of men....

  6. #126
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    82,171

    Re: Do You Believe In Natural Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    MY BELIEFS TAKE A BACK SEAT TO THE LAW, THE PRINCIPLES OF THE U.S.

    like you an many others i don't base laws on my own personal feelings/ emotions.

    i can say rights come from our humanity, while another person can say they come from god, and another from just simple nature, but the outcome is the same they do not come from a government of men....
    You CAN say lots of things. I CAN say lots of things. Everybody CAN say tons of stuff.

    But what do you say?

    1- do you believe in natural rights?
    2- do you agree with the statement in the Declaration that they come from a Creator?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  7. #127
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    27,692

    Re: Do You Believe In Natural Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    are you asking for my personal belief.........OR....... are you asking FOR the interpretation of the DOI...BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT THE SAME.
    I don't care about either, I want you to actually produce evidence that either are factually true. Not expecting anything of the sort though.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  8. #128
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,097

    Re: Do You Believe In Natural Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    You CAN say lots of things. I CAN say lots of things. Everybody CAN say tons of stuff.

    But what do you say?

    1- do you believe in natural rights?
    2- do you agree with the statement in the Declaration that they come from a Creator?
    i refer you back to this!

    are you asking for my personal belief.........OR....... are you asking FOR the interpretation of the DOI...BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT THE SAME.

  9. #129
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,097

    Re: Do You Believe In Natural Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    I don't care about either, I want you to actually produce evidence that either are factually true. Not expecting anything of the sort though.
    i can by pointing out no right has never been created by the u.s. government via law....government only creates privileges.

  10. #130
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    82,171

    Re: Do You Believe In Natural Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    i refer you back to this!

    are you asking for my personal belief.........OR....... are you asking FOR the interpretation of the DOI...BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT THE SAME.
    I cannot be clearer.

    1- do you believe in natural rights?
    2- do you agree with the statement in the Declaration that they come from a Creator?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Page 13 of 100 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •