View Poll Results: Do You Believe in Natural Rights?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    36 41.38%
  • No

    51 58.62%
Page 12 of 100 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 994

Thread: Do You Believe In Natural Rights?

  1. #111
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Do You Believe In Natural Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlevah View Post
    If I walk down a street and someone plugs me with a .38 you're saying I don't have a right to life? Bullcrap! My right to live is completely independent of whether or not I can defend it.
    The dude with the .38 just robbed you of your right. Rights sound good, make us feel warm and secure, and that's fine, that's good for humans, but there's simply no guarantees.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  2. #112
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 10:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do You Believe In Natural Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I guess to a true believer who accepts that hard won rights are handed out from gods in the sky like Halloween treats to costumed toddlers in October - yeah - I guess they would look at such reality as weird.
    please provide were i have said rights come from god.......and please don't take all day.

  3. #113
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:06 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    87,931

    Re: Do You Believe In Natural Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    please provide were i have said rights come from god.......and please don't take all day.
    You have said repeatedly that you subscribe to the statements in the Declaration of Independence as Founders support and belief in natural rights. And that is a clear invocation of an all powerful deity - or in modern parlance - god or God or GOD.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  4. #114
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 10:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do You Believe In Natural Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    You have said repeatedly that you subscribe to the statements in the Declaration of Independence as Founders support and belief in natural rights. And that is a clear invocation of an all powerful deity - or in modern parlance - god or God or GOD.
    sorry, wrong...[AS USUAL]

    i have said numerous times, the constitution embodies principles of the DOI, while also stated that the term "creator" is subjective to the reader, meaning the reader could take it as god, nature, however the reader wishes to do so.

    please... if you are going to say i said something, say it correctly please or just don't do it.

  5. #115
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:06 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    87,931

    Re: Do You Believe In Natural Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    sorry, wrong...[AS USUAL]

    i have said numerous times, the constitution embodies principles of the DOI, while also stated that the term "creator" is subjective to the reader, meaning the reader could take it as god, nature, however the reader wishes to do so.

    please... if you are going to say i said something, say it correctly please or just don't do it.
    BS. There is NOTHING SUBJECTIVE about the term CREATOR. It clearly is a term for a powerful deity who created man and the world and the rights you claim that same CREATOR gave us.

    put in a gold search "who is the Creator"? Here is what you get in response as the answer

    A creator deity or creator god (often called the Creator) is a deity or god responsible for the creation of the Earth, world, (cosmos or universe). In monotheism, the single God is often also the Creator.

    Why are you trying to wiggle out of that obvious reality EB?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #116
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 10:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do You Believe In Natural Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    BS. There is NOTHING SUBJECTIVE about the term CREATOR. It clearly is a term for a powerful deity who created man and the world and the rights you claim that same CREATOR gave us.

    put in a gold search "who is the Creator"? Here is what you get in response as the answer




    Why are you trying to wiggle out of that obvious reality EB?

    or, not TRUE


    When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

    what is the god of nature?.......do you know.

    i see you didn't produce anything saying i said rights are from god.......so you lied about me.

  7. #117
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:06 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    87,931

    Re: Do You Believe In Natural Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    or, not TRUE


    When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

    what is the god of nature?.......do you know.

    i see you didn't produce anything saying i said rights are from god.......so you lied about me.
    BS again. You support the statement you claim is about natural rights in the Declaration that our rights come from a Creator.

    Now stand proud and either admit that once and for all or deny that you believe our rights come from a Creator as the Jefferson statement in the Declarations says and which you in the past cited and supported as evidence of natural rights.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  8. #118
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 10:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do You Believe In Natural Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    BS again. You support the statement you claim is about natural rights in the Declaration that our rights come from a Creator.

    Now stand proud and either admit that once and for all or deny that you believe our rights come from a Creator as the Jefferson statement in the Declarations says and which you in the past cited and supported as evidence of natural rights.

    show your evidence of this please.....
    Last edited by Master PO; 05-17-15 at 02:53 PM.

  9. #119
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Do You Believe In Natural Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlevah View Post
    Don't be naive. It wasn't that long ago that South Africa ended apartheid and freed Nelson Mandela. If one follows your line of reasoning, there was nothing wrong with apartheid because the white people in power in that society said so.
    This is talking about right and wrong, not "rights". There was no violation of rights for the person to do something, but that doesn't mean doing that wasn't "wrong".
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  10. #120
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:06 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    87,931

    Re: Do You Believe In Natural Rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    show your evidence of this please.....
    Evidence of what? Your belief in Natural Rights? Your belief in the statement in the Declaration of Independence?

    You want evidence of beliefs that you previously were proud of?

    Amzing EB!!!! Simply Amazing beyond belief.

    So maybe I got it wrong about you. Clear the air once and for all and I won't try to state your position for you. Simply tell us

    1- do you believe in natural rights?
    2- do you agree with the statement in the Declaration that they come from a Creator?

    You can speak for yourself and lets cut out all the inane "he said she said". Step up - man up - let it rip.

    Of course, you will not.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Page 12 of 100 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •