View Poll Results: What say you

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    10 30.30%
  • No

    23 69.70%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 54

Thread: Condoleezza Rice as President

  1. #21
    Sage
    faithful_servant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Beautiful Central Oregon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,283

    Re: Condoleezza Rice as President

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    Much as it is with Hillary Clinton .. an unknown .. I'd have to see some "position papers" .
    Its extremely wasteful to begin a presidential election campaign so soon before the election , one year before it should begin .. With my concept of campaign and campaign finance reform, the seeking of votes should not occur until 60 days before the election .. with "government" funds only and that .. very much limited .
    Condoleezza Rice on Abortion
    Condoleezza Rice on Foreign Policy
    Condoleezza Rice on Budget & Economy
    Condoleezza Rice on Civil Rights
    Condoleezza Rice on Education
    Condoleezza Rice on Energy & Oil
    Condoleezza Rice on Environment
    Condoleezza Rice on Families & Children
    Condoleezza Rice on Free Trade
    Condoleezza Rice on Gun Control
    Condoleezza Rice on Health Care
    Condoleezza Rice on Homeland Security
    Condoleezza Rice on Immigration
    Condoleezza Rice on Technology
    Condoleezza Rice on Principles & Values
    Condoleezza Rice on Tax Reform
    Condoleezza Rice on War & Peace
    Condoleezza Rice on Welfare & Poverty
    Our nation has not always lived up to its ideals, yet those ideals have never ceased to guide us. They expose our flaws, and lead us to mend them. We are the beneficiaries of the work of the generations before us and it is each generation's responsibility to continue that work. - Laura Bush

  2. #22
    Sage
    Visbek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:38 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,626

    Re: Condoleezza Rice as President

    Quote Originally Posted by ConsvLiberal View Post
    What do you think about Condoleezza Rice as President?
    No idea. She hasn't discussed running, she hasn't stated any policy positions in the context of running for office. There's also a big difference between policy advisor and elected official.

    I think she could handle the pressure of the office. On the other hand, every time I heard her voice on the radio, she sounded like a nervous wreck. Go figure.

  3. #23

  4. #24
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    London
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,778

    Re: Condoleezza Rice as President

    Quote Originally Posted by ConsvLiberal View Post
    What do you think about Condoleezza Rice as President?
    I disagree with enough of her politics and actions that I couldn't vote for her. However, I do think she is tremendously intelligent and competent. She would be the strongest Republican in the field by a country mile. She'd never win of course, but the best candidate never does, so what's new.
    Last edited by SmokeAndMirrors; 05-15-15 at 03:33 PM.

  5. #25
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:40 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    87,921

    Re: Condoleezza Rice as President

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    Oh, the mushroom cloud lady chickenhawk? no thanks.
    Exactly. She has no chance on earth or anywhere else for that matter.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #26
    User
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Last Seen
    08-12-15 @ 11:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    96

    Re: Condoleezza Rice as President

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
    I disagree with enough of her politics and actions that I couldn't vote for her. However, I do think she is tremendously intelligent and competent. She would be the strongest Republican in the field by a country mile. She'd never win of course, but the best candidate never does, so that's new.
    Why do you disagree?

  7. #27
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    London
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,778

    Re: Condoleezza Rice as President

    Quote Originally Posted by ConsvLiberal View Post
    Why do you disagree?
    Uh, which issue, dude? The reason I disagree is different on any given issue.

    I suppose the broad answer would be that I disagree because she's too conservative for me, and I'm not going to vote against my own stances.

  8. #28
    User
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Last Seen
    08-12-15 @ 11:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    96

    Re: Condoleezza Rice as President

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
    Uh, which issue, dude? The reason I disagree is different on any given issue.

    I suppose the broad answer would be that I disagree because she's too conservative for me, and I'm not going to vote against my own stances.
    Really? I think there are some people who are more conservative and some people who are less conservative. I think the United States of America need a President who is a bit conservative.

  9. #29
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    London
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,778

    Re: Condoleezza Rice as President

    Quote Originally Posted by ConsvLiberal View Post
    Really? I think there are some people who are more conservative and some people who are less conservative. I think the United States of America need a President who is a bit conservative.
    Yes, I'm aware people have varying political positions. And...?

    Well, I don't want a conservative with a history of liking her some war. I think America needs to stop digging its hole in its 20th century rut and start getting creative before it falls any further down the ranks of developed nations than it already has. I'm allowed to think that.

  10. #30
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Condoleezza Rice as President

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
    I disagree with enough of her politics and actions that I couldn't vote for her. However, I do think she is tremendously intelligent and competent. She would be the strongest Republican in the field by a country mile. She'd never win of course, but the best candidate never does, so what's new.
    To the bolded. Interesting, I like that.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •