View Poll Results: For or against the Trans-Pacific Trade Agreement/.

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • For

    18 32.73%
  • Against

    34 61.82%
  • Other

    3 5.45%
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 208

Thread: For or against the Trans-Pacific Trade Agreement?

  1. #151
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: For or against the Trans-Pacific Trade Agreement?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    The cited facts about the countries involved are undisputed.
    One of his facts is that only three senators have actually read what is available on TPP thus far (you know that it's yet a work in progress) and she is strongly opposed to it. As such she has authority to criticize it. I'm doubtful that you've been into that "secret" room to read it. Look Jack, based on your history, if this trade agreement was hammered out by democrats, you'd kick it to the curb, but without having seen it, your all on board because corporate executives and industry lobbyists have been the secret negotiators. Very patriotic.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  2. #152
    Guru
    Lakryte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    06-02-17 @ 12:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,982

    Re: For or against the Trans-Pacific Trade Agreement?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    The cited facts about the countries involved are undisputed.
    The presence of a few possibly good provisions do not make the atrocious provisions of the law disappear.
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free."
    "When we live authentically we create an opportunity for others to walk out of their dark prisons of pretend into freedom."

  3. #153
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    50,469
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: For or against the Trans-Pacific Trade Agreement?

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    One of his facts is that only three senators have actually read what is available on TPP thus far (you know that it's yet a work in progress) and she is strongly opposed to it. As such she has authority to criticize it. I'm doubtful that you've been into that "secret" room to read it. Look Jack, based on your history, if this trade agreement was hammered out by democrats, you'd kick it to the curb, but without having seen it, your all on board because corporate executives and industry lobbyists have been the secret negotiators. Very patriotic.
    I favor free trade, all the time, every time, party notwithstanding.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  4. #154
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    50,469
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: For or against the Trans-Pacific Trade Agreement?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lakryte View Post
    The presence of a few possibly good provisions do not make the atrocious provisions of the law disappear.
    Since the document has not been made public I doubt you have any knowledge of "atrocious provisions."
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  5. #155
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: For or against the Trans-Pacific Trade Agreement?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Since the document has not been made public I doubt you have any knowledge of "atrocious provisions."
    As you have no knowledge of any magnanimous provisions.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  6. #156
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    50,469
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: For or against the Trans-Pacific Trade Agreement?

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    As you have no knowledge of any magnanimous provisions.
    As already posted, I favor free trade on principle, always and everywhere.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  7. #157
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: For or against the Trans-Pacific Trade Agreement?

    Who's for it.

    Big business
    Big pharma
    The CoC
    The GOP (largely)

    Who's against it

    Church's
    Environmental advocacy groups
    Labor unions
    Dem's (largely)
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  8. #158
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: For or against the Trans-Pacific Trade Agreement?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    As already posted, I favor free trade on principle, always and everywhere.
    Obviously blindly.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  9. #159
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    50,469
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: For or against the Trans-Pacific Trade Agreement?

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Obviously blindly.
    It's a matter of principle. I doubt you would understand.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  10. #160
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: For or against the Trans-Pacific Trade Agreement?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    It's a matter of principle. I doubt you would understand.
    I totally understand the principle of blind support of big business at the expense of little workers, as I previously understood your principles of justification of targeting civilians with nukes, been listening to you for some time now.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •