View Poll Results: Is Zimmeeman a good guy and still justified in killing Martin

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zimmerman still Justified and the victim

    3 27.27%
  • he baited Treavon into a fight then shot him

    7 63.64%
  • not sure what to think of Zimmereman

    1 9.09%
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 103

Thread: Zimmereman the good guy[W:46]

  1. #71
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    176,839

    Re: Zimmereman the good guy

    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    Where is the reasonable doubt? Which of the facts is in dispute?
    was he in fear of his life and was that fear reasonable
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas giants View Post
    Time for real gun control
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas giants View Post
    You too are a gun banner if you want ANY person banned from guns.

  2. #72
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    176,839

    Re: Zimmereman the good guy

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    I have no doubt that the people you talk to believe that.
    mostly cops, federal prosecutors, Judges, court service officers, Federal Probation Department agents etc

    and yes that is what most of them believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas giants View Post
    Time for real gun control
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas giants View Post
    You too are a gun banner if you want ANY person banned from guns.

  3. #73
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    176,839

    Re: Zimmereman the good guy

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    In addition to watching the trial, I also read and watched comments from criminal defense attorneys and prosecutors with just as much experience who came to the EXACT OPPOSITE conclusion as you. Your word means nothing. End of story.
    yet My belief was upheld by the jury. I guess that means the people you put so much stock in were wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas giants View Post
    Time for real gun control
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas giants View Post
    You too are a gun banner if you want ANY person banned from guns.

  4. #74
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Zimmereman the good guy

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    I was responding to you point by point until I got here. Given that you've addressed this to me while assuming I'm black, this is very hateful. I'll pray for you instead of adding to the fire.
    Wait, it's hateful in your view to think you are black? Wow.

  5. #75
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    08-16-17 @ 11:08 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Zimmereman the good guy

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    yet My belief was upheld by the jury. I guess that means the people you put so much stock in were wrong.
    As someone who has so much experience in criminal law, you know that juries can get it wrong. As other criminal lawyers with as much experience as you have said, the jury did, in fact, get it wrong.

  6. #76
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    08-16-17 @ 11:08 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Zimmereman the good guy

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    mostly cops, federal prosecutors, Judges, court service officers, Federal Probation Department agents etc

    and yes that is what most of them believe.
    Like I said, I have no doubt that the people you talk to believe that.

  7. #77
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    176,839

    Re: Zimmereman the good guy

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Did your TV automatically switch off when they showed the just as numerous and experienced criminal defense attorneys and prosecutors who came to the same conclusion the jury did?
    Obviously so. and when you have a split like that-it screams reasonable doubt

    if the decision was based on a preponderance of the evidence (civil standards as well as for relevant conduct under the United States (Federal) Sentencing Guidelines) then a fifty fifty split generally means it could have gone either way. On a criminal case, such a split when the burden is to prove guilt Beyond reasonable doubt, the prosecution almost always should lose
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas giants View Post
    Time for real gun control
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas giants View Post
    You too are a gun banner if you want ANY person banned from guns.

  8. #78
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 12:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Zimmereman the good guy

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    Just because he obviously has anger issues and possibly mental issues,
    While you believe that, it has not been established by any supported claim.


    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    He certainly escalated the situation by following Trayvon.
    Following to keep eyes on a suspicious person until the LEO you called arrives is not escalating.
    That is a concerned neighbor looking out for his neighborhood.





    Quote Originally Posted by plutonium View Post
    Flashing a gun in front of his ex-girlfriend and her father while they were moving out her things!!!!!!please give me a break...
    This is you making things up to believe.
    That is not what was claimed, and what was claimed turned out not to have happened.





    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Zimmerman is an aggressive, mentally unstable nut who got away with murder because of an incompetent and/or unmotivated defense as well as an ignorant jury bullied by a racist psycho.
    No. That speaks far more about you than it does him.


    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Listening to the white supremacist garbage and the minimization of violence against black people has been old for hundreds of years. Once douche bags cut that **** out, everyone will "get over it".
    Hyperbolic nonsense.
    You haven't even been alive a hundred years let alone hundreds.


    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    I watched the trial. He's right.
    No he isn't.
    Nor are you.


    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    really? I didn't watch the entire trial but I read up on it and its the right call. And this is coming from someone who has about 2000 hours of criminal trials under my belt. Zman was not guilty BEYOND a reasonable doubt. end of story.
    In addition to watching the trial, I also read and watched comments from criminal defense attorneys and prosecutors with just as much experience who came to the EXACT OPPOSITE conclusion as you. Your word means nothing. End of story.
    iLOL
    That is funny considering the actual trial showed that they didn't have as much experience or knowledge and were unequivocally wrong.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  9. #79
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 12:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Zimmereman the good guy

    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    I followed the trial, and it was very obvious that he provoked and escalated the confrontation in the face of direct law enforcement advice to stand down. He was guilty as sin and the jury that acquitted him was on crack.
    You obviously did not watch the trial, as ...
    he was not given any advice to stand down.
    nothing he did caused the unprovoked attack by Trayvon.
    following to keep eyes on a suspicious person until the LEO you called arrives is not escalating anything.

    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    The facts are that with an emergency operator on the phone telling him to stand down,
    Wrong
    The fact is a call-taker told Zimmerman that they didn't need him to do that.
    It was nothing more than a suggestion, which Zimmerman followed.


    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    that crazy dumbass piece of **** stalked an innocent young man at night,
    There was no stalking.
    Following to keep eyes on a suspicious person until the LEO you called arrives, is not stalking.


    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    provoked an unnecessary fight,
    He provoked no fight.
    Instead of remaining away, Trayvon came back and attacked him.


    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    and then tried to claim self defense after his victim ended up dead.
    Tried?
    It was self defense.


    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    That's textbook murder two under the law,
    You clearly know not of what you speak.


    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    and nobody has presented any counter-argument whatsoever
    Again demonstrating that you know not of what you speak.


    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    However, there's no disputing the fact that he started the fight, that he provoked Martin. He followed him for some distance, at night, and then stopped him and confronted him after being told to stand down.

    That's murder two.
    The above are the manifestations of convoluted thoughts.
    You are wrong.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  10. #80
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    176,839

    Re: Zimmereman the good guy

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    As someone who has so much experience in criminal law, you know that juries can get it wrong. As other criminal lawyers with as much experience as you have said, the jury did, in fact, get it wrong.
    yep but in this case they didn't. and I don't have an agenda. I think both of the protagonists were scum bags. Most of those who wanted Zman found guilty are black apologists, anti self defense activists and others who have an agenda. Its the same as those who cheered OJ simpson (where the jury did get it wrong), the individual and the facts didn't matter. It was all about black racism and using a trial to express rage towards a "white" justice system

    the crime rate in this country will go way down when blacks actually believe black lives matter BTW
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas giants View Post
    Time for real gun control
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas giants View Post
    You too are a gun banner if you want ANY person banned from guns.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •