View Poll Results: Should SSM couples be permitted to adopt children?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    71 89.87%
  • No

    6 7.59%
  • Not sure

    2 2.53%
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 115

Thread: Should SSM couples be permitted to adopt children?

  1. #91
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Should SSM couples be permitted to adopt children?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Still waiting for you toe address the issue which you appear to concede....
    How different are the adult children of parents who have same-sex relationships? Findings from the New Family Structures Study

    Free summary:

    Family Research Council


    The summary is from a right wing publication and may be biased in presentation, but hey it's free. the linked university study is peer reviewed and very comprehensive, but you have to pay a few bucks I believe

  2. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

  3. #93
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    01-09-17 @ 10:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: Should SSM couples be permitted to adopt children?

    Quote Originally Posted by Atiya View Post
    Before casting aspersions upon same-sex homes with children, why not take a long good look at heterosexual homes where sometimes that dark secret of incest sometimes rears its ugly head, or one parent is a drunk and abusive, creating a climate of fear under which the children are forced to grow up. Not everyone who gives birth to biological children make good parents. In fact, some are miserable transferring their neurosis to the child.
    Your argument seems to be that because some homes based on a proper order turn out to be defective, that this somehow justifies creating a “home” that is inherently even more defective to begin with? That seems nonsensical to me.
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  4. #94
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    41,553

    Re: Should SSM couples be permitted to adopt children?

    reality and facts = there is no increase in negatives from gay parents based on sexual orientation alone

    bigoted and biased views wont change that and luckily since equal rights and common sense is winning it doesnt matter what they think anyway lol
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #95
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The South Pacific
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:25 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    52,501

    Re: Should SSM couples be permitted to adopt children?

    Anybody who is against SSM or SSM adopting is a ****ing idiot that should lose all voting rights and be relegated to ditch digging for a career...
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The Supreme Court can't interpret The Constitution. They don't have that power.

  6. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Last Seen
    02-16-16 @ 05:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    88

    Re: Should SSM couples be permitted to adopt children?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    Your argument seems to be that because some homes based on a proper order turn out to be defective, that this somehow justifies creating a “home” that is inherently even more defective to begin with? That seems nonsensical to me.
    "Proper"
    "Order"
    "Defective"

    These are the inherently subjective words being used as a foundation of which is being built up and portrayed as an objective starting point.

  7. #97
    Anti-democracy advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    China - teaching grasshopper
    Last Seen
    01-21-17 @ 02:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,070

    Re: Should SSM couples be permitted to adopt children?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Anybody who is against SSM or SSM adopting is a ****ing idiot that should lose all voting rights and be relegated to ditch digging for a career...
    that would not be consistent with liberty.
    Anti-Democracy advocate, Mixed government is the only good government

    THE
    second point to be examined is, whether the [constitutional ]convention were authorized to frame and propose this mixed Constitution.


  8. #98
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The South Pacific
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:25 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    52,501

    Re: Should SSM couples be permitted to adopt children?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    that would not be consistent with liberty.
    Denying the liberty of those denying equality is fine with me...
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The Supreme Court can't interpret The Constitution. They don't have that power.

  9. #99
    Anti-democracy advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    China - teaching grasshopper
    Last Seen
    01-21-17 @ 02:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,070

    Re: Should SSM couples be permitted to adopt children?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Denying the liberty of those denying equality is fine with me...
    people able to think and express their views on things, marriage/adoption is a privilege of government because it is contract of legality from government.

    if people are being denied the privilege, then its government committing an unconstitutional act.
    Last edited by Master PO; 05-11-15 at 10:10 PM.
    Anti-Democracy advocate, Mixed government is the only good government

    THE
    second point to be examined is, whether the [constitutional ]convention were authorized to frame and propose this mixed Constitution.


  10. #100
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,485

    Re: Should SSM couples be permitted to adopt children?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    How different are the adult children of parents who have same-sex relationships? Findings from the New Family Structures Study

    Free summary:

    Family Research Council


    The summary is from a right wing publication and may be biased in presentation, but hey it's free. the linked university study is peer reviewed and very comprehensive, but you have to pay a few bucks I believe
    LOL.....exactly what I said in my original post. Every legitimate study out there says that kids raised in gay households do just as well as kids raised in straight households. The only studies that say otherwise are funded by right-wing propaganda groups promoting their agenda. I was even going to mention the "family research council" but didn't. It is just ironic that you would list this in a sad attempt to try to make your point.
    Epic fail! Try again. Find a study that isn't from a group with a right-wing social agenda. Let me save you the trouble - you can't.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •