View Poll Results: Do you believe every conspiracy theory is false ?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I Do

    3 25.00%
  • No I don't

    3 25.00%
  • I dont know

    1 8.33%
  • Other

    5 41.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Do you believe every conspiracy theory is false ?

  1. #1
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    36,314

    Do you believe every conspiracy theory is false ?

    What if some of them turn out to be true ? would you still insist on believing they are wrong ?
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Pennsalvania
    Last Seen
    03-20-16 @ 01:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    2,171

    Re: Do you believe every conspiracy theory is false ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    What if some of them turn out to be true ? would you still insist on believing they are wrong ?
    If they turn out to be true, why would we believe they are wrong?

    I believe most conspiracy theories are false. Humans have the profiency to believe the worst about everything, despite overwhelming evidence. Take the 9/11 conspiracy for instance. Two kids with a little editing skills and selective data gathering skills have started an entire movement.

  3. #3
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    36,314

    Re: Do you believe every conspiracy theory is false ?

    Quote Originally Posted by akrunner88 View Post
    If they turn out to be true, why would we believe they are wrong?

    I believe most conspiracy theories are false. Humans have the profiency to believe the worst about everything, despite overwhelming evidence. Take the 9/11 conspiracy for instance. Two kids with a little editing skills and selective data gathering skills have started an entire movement.
    many would keep believing in their own truth..
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Pennsalvania
    Last Seen
    03-20-16 @ 01:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    2,171

    Re: Do you believe every conspiracy theory is false ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    many would keep believing in their own truth..
    Many can believe whatever they want. If you're wrong, you're wrong, whether you believe you're wrong or not.

    I base my world view and how I see things by the evidence gathered around me. Many times I'm proven wrong, which I have no problem with because I'm open minded and want to see the truth.

  5. #5
    Sage
    Sherman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,481

    Re: Do you believe every conspiracy theory is false ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    What if some of them turn out to be true ? would you still insist on believing they are wrong ?
    I think that 99.9999% of conspiracy theories are false. They are almost always the refuge of the pathetic and the ignorant. A desire for 'special knowledge' and a sense of uniqueness or flat unambiguous ignorance can explain the bulk of conspiracy theorists.

  6. #6
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    41,241

    Re: Do you believe every conspiracy theory is false ?

    Conspiracies do exist. Wherever two or more people work together to forward a hidden agenda of some sort, that is a conspiracy. In addition to the mundane, humdrum little criminal conspiracies going on everywhere all the time, there are undoubtably many political conspiracies ongoing at any moment... though I expect most of them involve efforts to push pork or get re-elected.


    But as far as most of the big stuff... as in gov't has contact with aliens, 9-11 false flag, chem trails, that sort of thing... no. It would take a lot to convince me.


    The main reason being too many people would have to know to pull most of that stuff off, and enough of them would blow the whistle that the truth would become known and proven. As Ben Franklin said, Three can keep a secret, if two are dead.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  7. #7
    Sage
    BrewerBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    6,798

    Re: Do you believe every conspiracy theory is false ?

    If it turns out to be true then I would just call it a conspiracy.

  8. #8
    Sage
    DA60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,144

    Re: Do you believe every conspiracy theory is false ?

    I think this thread is a conspiracy...but my answer is yes, nonetheless.
    'What kind of sick and twisted toy factory is this?'
    'We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile, and nothing can grow there. Too much, the best of us is washed away.'
    "Better to be dead and cool, than alive and uncool."

  9. #9
    Educator
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Arizona
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    733

    Re: Do you believe every conspiracy theory is false ?

    Yep, maybe 1 or 2 might end up being true, but generally I consider almost all of them to be B.S. My stance as of late has generally been, if people are talking about it then it probably isn't a conspiracy.

  10. #10
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    36,314

    Re: Do you believe every conspiracy theory is false ?

    Quote Originally Posted by BrewerBob View Post
    If it turns out to be true then I would just call it a conspiracy.
    I would call it a fact
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •