View Poll Results: Would you patronize a business that discriminated based on race?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nope

    70 90.91%
  • Yep

    7 9.09%
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 194

Thread: Would you patronize a business that discriminated against a race?

  1. #151
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,732

    Re: Would you patronize a business that discriminated against a race?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    if there is no victim.....meaning that no rights are violated or no threat to the public......it cannot be illegal.
    So by this otherworldy "logic", since there are "no" black slaves in the US, slavery is no longer illegal, since "all" previous slaves are long past, and present "victims" do not exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumpf
    "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters."
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #152
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 01:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Would you patronize a business that discriminated against a race?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    You know exactly what discrimination is referring to, you admitted such when you said you did not want govt telling you cannot discriminate, the whole context of the debate is about sexual, racial, religious discrimination, and not about "taste". You argument is simply looking for a semantic diversion from its avocation of said discrimination.

    Pathetic.
    I'm not looking for any kind of out, I've described precisely what my beliefs are on this issue: I think racism is wrong, it's ugly, and I don't like it...but I think we're a much less racist country today than we were 50 years ago, which is a good thing, and I think we're ready to get the anti-discrimination laws off the books because we don't need them anymore.

    Yes I did understand what you meant by "discrimination," I just don't like seeing the English language get butchered when what you're really talking about is racism and racial segregation. Using the right words helps make your case.

  3. #153
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 01:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Would you patronize a business that discriminated against a race?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Pathetic diversionary BS.

    This is the debate, you advocate for racial discrimination by business:
    No, there you go with words again. Slow down and think. I didn't advocate for racial discrimination....I think racism sucks. I advocated for getting anti-discrimination laws off the books because I think they've served their purpose and are not needed anymore.

  4. #154
    Living in Gods country



    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,017

    Re: Would you patronize a business that discriminated against a race?

    Why would anyone discriminate based upon ethnicity? It is beyond disgusting, and supporting such a business having that right is well words fail me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    The damage to the black community from all this will be devastating.
    Not only on public perception and reputation, but cops simply won't want to police these neighborhoods anymore.
    The shooter was later found to be white.

  5. #155
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,732

    Re: Would you patronize a business that discriminated against a race?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    I'm not looking for any kind of out, I've described precisely what my beliefs are on this issue: I think racism is wrong, it's ugly, and I don't like it...but I think we're a much less racist country today than we were 50 years ago, which is a good thing, and I think we're ready to get the anti-discrimination laws off the books because we don't need them anymore.
    Yes, because making racial discrimination legal again is a sure fire way to eliminate racial discrimination.

    Yes I did understand what you meant by "discrimination," I just don't like seeing the English language get butchered when what you're really talking about is racism and racial segregation. Using the right words helps make your case.
    Yes, because everyone knows that racial segregation and racism is not discrimination, that this discussion is not about racial discrimination, and advocating for businesses to be able to practice racial discrimination.....is not about discrimination!

    Any more muddying you want to engage in?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumpf
    "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters."
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #156
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,732

    Re: Would you patronize a business that discriminated against a race?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    I didn't advocate for racial discrimination
    Uh huh...

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    I would not. I suspect most peoe would agree with me. Which is why such discrimination should be legal...the market will weed out the racists on its own

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Not much, right now, you have folks, like yourself, advocating the legality of racial discrimination in public accommodation...just like defenders of Jim Crow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Yeah, I don't like the government being able to tell a business who they can or can't serve
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumpf
    "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters."
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #157
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 10:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,333

    Re: Would you patronize a business that discriminated against a race?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    So by this otherworldy "logic", since there are "no" black slaves in the US, slavery is no longer illegal, since "all" previous slaves are long past, and present "victims" do not exist.
    slavery is an illegal action by law on people, because engaging in such a practice, it violates the rights of people....it is a criminal action.


    discrimination by government is a unconstitutional action, because the constitution says that government cannot engage in such a practice, because it violates .....equality under the law.....which equality under the law applies for government only...not people.

    discrimination is not a crime...because their is no rights violates.....rights violations are criminal law, discrimination is administrative law/regulations, and regulations are created to protect the public health and safety.

    does discrimination against a person violate a person rights....no...does discrimination violate the public health and safety of the people....no.......therefore there is no victim for government to act for.
    Last edited by Master PO; 05-04-15 at 08:39 PM.

  8. #158
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 01:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Would you patronize a business that discriminated against a race?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Yes, because making racial discrimination legal again is a sure fire way to eliminate racial discrimination.

    Yes, because everyone knows that racial segregation and racism is not discrimination, that this discussion is not about racial discrimination, and advocating for businesses to be able to practice racial discrimination.....is not about discrimination!

    Any more muddying you want to engage in?
    Alright buddy, I'm done with this discussion. Your entire argument amounts to you playing the race card and calling me a racist, when I think I've pretty clearly spelled out what my position is in previous posts.

    I have no interest in defending the straw man arguments you keep setting up. Adios.

  9. #159
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver

    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,930
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Would you patronize a business that discriminated against a race?

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    I wouldn't personally patronize any business that I knew discriminated for any reason. I live in a very large city and there's nothing I want or need to buy that I can't buy in dozens or hundreds of different places. And one of the best parts of living in this city is the diversity of businesses and their owners.
    Toronto is about as diversified as it gets.
    It seems Russian prostitutes are not the only leaking Donald Trump has witnessed. Sad!

  10. #160
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,732

    Re: Would you patronize a business that discriminated against a race?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    I think I've pretty clearly spelled out what my position is
    Yes, you did...


    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    I didn't advocate for racial discrimination
    Uh huh...

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    I would not. I suspect most peoe would agree with me. Which is why such discrimination should be legal...the market will weed out the racists on its own

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Not much, right now, you have folks, like yourself, advocating the legality of racial discrimination in public accommodation...just like defenders of Jim Crow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Yeah, I don't like the government being able to tell a business who they can or can't serve
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumpf
    "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters."
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •