View Poll Results: Would you patronize a business that discriminated based on race?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nope

    70 90.91%
  • Yep

    7 9.09%
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 194

Thread: Would you patronize a business that discriminated against a race?

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 01:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Would you patronize a business that discriminated against a race?

    I would not. I suspect most peoe would agree with me. Which is why such discrimination should be legal...the market will weed out the racists on its own

  2. #102
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Would you patronize a business that discriminated against a race?

    So, the thread question really is - are you racist?

    Because unless you were - why on Earth would you patronize such a place (unless they sold some life-and-death item that was only available through them)?

    I certainly would not.

  3. #103
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    02-14-17 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,352

    Re: Would you patronize a business that discriminated against a race?

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    If it was legal .....

    If a business -- any business -- decided to put a sign in their window saying "No [insert any race here] Allowed", would you still patronize that business?

    Anonymous poll.
    In this age where I can get whatever the business has online... No, I would not patronize the business and I would even go so far as to criticize it and advice people, including newcomers and tourists, to avoid it.
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

  4. #104
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    02-14-17 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,352

    Re: Would you patronize a business that discriminated against a race?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    I would not. I suspect most peoe would agree with me. Which is why such discrimination should be legal...the market will weed out the racists on its own
    My thoughts exactly.

    Capitalism fills in the same gaps that unconstitutional legislation does without infringing upon people's rights.
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

  5. #105
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Would you patronize a business that discriminated against a race?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    I would not. I suspect most peoe would agree with me. Which is why such discrimination should be legal...the market will weed out the racists on its own
    I agree.

  6. #106
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 09:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Would you patronize a business that discriminated against a race?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    the market will weed out the racists on its own
    Sure it will....that worked out really well in the Jim Crow south.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #107
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 01:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Would you patronize a business that discriminated against a race?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Sure it will....that worked out really well in the Jim Crow south.
    That was a different time, though. The country has changed s lot since then

  8. #108
    Boo.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,235

    Re: Would you patronize a business that discriminated against a race?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    the market will weed out the racists on its own
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Sure it will....that worked out really well in the Jim Crow south.

    Well it kinda did. I mean, you don't see white's only lunch counters anymore, or blacks only water fountains. While I disagree with Peter's idea that racism should be legal, I also believe that things have evolved to get us where we are now, meaning not as racist as we were even 50 years ago. There will always be racism. Always. As long as you separate by race, there will be racism. We just have to do the best we can to make sure that we don't involve ourselves in it, or shop with those who do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal
    After years of condemning Bill Clinton for being a rapist, Republicans apparently changed their minds about the whole thing and elected one of their own.


  9. #109
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 09:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Would you patronize a business that discriminated against a race?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    That was a different time, though. The country has changed s lot since then
    Not much, right now, you have folks, like yourself, advocating the legality of racial discrimination in public accommodation...just like defenders of Jim Crow.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #110
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 09:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Would you patronize a business that discriminated against a race?

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    Well it kinda did. I mean, you don't see white's only lunch counters anymore, or blacks only water fountains. While I disagree with Peter's idea that racism should be legal, I also believe that things have evolved to get us where we are now, meaning not as racist as we were even 50 years ago. There will always be racism. Always. As long as you separate by race, there will be racism. We just have to do the best we can to make sure that we don't involve ourselves in it, or shop with those who do.
    Uh, the passage of Civil Rights was not a "market" phenom, it was spurred on by "outside agitators" showing just how barbaric those who advocate for discrimination are, in fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •