View Poll Results: Should shows funded by tax payers and aired on tax payer funded tv be public domain?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    20 74.07%
  • no

    4 14.81%
  • other

    3 11.11%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 54 of 54

Thread: Should shows funded by tax payers and aired on tax payer funded tv be public domain?

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Should shows funded by tax payers and aired on tax payer funded tv be public doma

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    $445 million over two years works out to less than two cents per year per person. They can have my two cents. I'd pay a hundred times that much to not have to listen to the damned commercials every five minutes.

    That said, commercial free subscriptions to radio/TV not corporate sponsored should be made available. I know I'd subscribe.
    What are you doing here? You have the next million dollar business idea on your hands. Go get em!

    I'm not being entirely sarcastic either, I would probably consider subscribing as well. I'm betting there's a lot of people out there who would. Would be a beast of a business to start up, but I could see it being viable.

  2. #52
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,580

    Re: Should shows funded by tax payers and aired on tax payer funded tv be public doma

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    What are you doing here? You have the next million dollar business idea on your hands. Go get em!

    I'm not being entirely sarcastic either, I would probably consider subscribing as well. I'm betting there's a lot of people out there who would. Would be a beast of a business to start up, but I could see it being viable.
    I think it would. If I were 40 years younger and had a pile of venture capital, I'd give it a go.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Should shows funded by tax payers and aired on tax payer funded tv be public doma

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    I think it would. If I were 40 years younger and had a pile of venture capital, I'd give it a go.
    I believe that was the original intent of cable television, but the networks and cable companies realized they would make even more money if they had commercials

  4. #54
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,580

    Re: Should shows funded by tax payers and aired on tax payer funded tv be public doma

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    I believe that was the original intent of cable television, but the networks and cable companies realized they would make even more money if they had commercials
    I wonder how much longer that will be the case as more and more of us use the DVR to fast forward the commercials?
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •