View Poll Results: Can Senator Sanders win the democratic nomination for president?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    13 20.00%
  • no

    52 80.00%
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 101

Thread: Can Senator Sanders win the democratic nomination for president?

  1. #71
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,854

    Re: Can Senator Sanders win the democratic nomination for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    what do you think? Does Sanders have a chance?
    Only if there is a strong grass root movement. He won't be hand picked like Hill from corporate America.

  2. #72
    Professor

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    07-15-17 @ 12:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,877

    Re: Can Senator Sanders win the democratic nomination for president?

    What if Hillary is indicted? Sanders might have a chance to win the Democrat nomination?

  3. #73
    Professor
    finebead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,494

    Re: Can Senator Sanders win the democratic nomination for president?

    Sanders is not a good looking man. He has a bad comb-over. The nation will never vote for him. It's a shame we're so shallow, but it is what it is. Sanders is too socialist. O'Malley has a better shot. He has a good look, and presence.

  4. #74
    Educator
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,198

    Re: Can Senator Sanders win the democratic nomination for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    what do you think? Does Sanders have a chance?
    No, he doesn't.

  5. #75
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    24,421

    Re: Can Senator Sanders win the democratic nomination for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    That's like saying that we aren't discussing Dogs - we are discussing Domesticated Canines. You might have an odd wolf or coyote here or there, but fundamentally, those are the same thing.



    you might. Thankfully, many of your fellows will not. There might be a third-party candidate that attracts them (if Sanders runs as an independent, for example), or they may choose to say that they are striking a pose because "Man, like, they're all, like, politicians, and, like, part of the system, like, you know?", or they may not even care. But they are less likely - statistically - to vote for Her Inevitableness if she doesn't excite the base.

    I agree a third party could take away votes...absolutely. Just like Nader did in 2000. However, where you are wrong is in the first part of your post. Liberals are not the base of the Democratic party. I wish they were but we are not. The base of the party is the moderate/centrists. So it more like discussing cats and dogs.

  6. #76
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,269

    Re: Can Senator Sanders win the democratic nomination for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    To be specific I suggest you ask Obama that exact same question about what he said about Bush being unpatriotic for raising the national debt by 4 trillion. Now I suggest Obama is the most unpatriotic president in US History by his own standards. Let me know what Obama says when you pop the question to him and if he does not give you the correct answer then you can give him your HINT.

    However you don't have to ask him, here he tells you exactly what Bush did. If you don't remember, here is Obama himself. Now I think you have your answer.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyLmru6no4U
    So, you could not answer the question. When confronted and asked to explain what Obama did to increase the debt, you have no answer other than some video showing Obama blamed Bush for increasing the debt.

    Sorry, this actually was a trick question. Its a trick question because it is nearly impossible to tell us what Obama did to increase the debt, because he really didn't. OK you could tell us that Obama did not fix the debt infrastructure as he continued the wars and continued the tax cuts that let to much of the debt.

    Obama blaming Bush was actually quite on target, because Bush actually did champion legislation that lead to deficit spending, including Medicare Part D, starting two wars and paying for those wars with tax cuts... You will remember, of course, that Bush began is term with an ostensibly balanced budget and ended it with huge deficits AND he actually had policies that effected the government spending (and receipt) infrastructure. He pretty much is holding the bag when the music stops...

    Can Senator Sanders win the democratic nomination for president?-deficit-causesofdeficits-jpg
    Last edited by upsideguy; 05-04-15 at 07:45 PM.

  7. #77
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,164

    Re: Can Senator Sanders win the democratic nomination for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    So, you could not answer the question. When confronted and asked to explain what Obama did to increase the debt, you have no answer other than some video showing Obama blamed Bush for increasing the debt.

    Sorry, this actually was a trick question. Its a trick question because it is nearly impossible to tell us what Obama did to increase the debt, because he really didn't. OK you could tell us that Obama did not fix the debt infrastructure as he continued the wars and continued the tax cuts that let to much of the debt.

    Obama blaming Bush was actually quite on target, because Bush actually did champion legislation that lead to deficit spending, including Medicare Part D, starting two wars and paying for those wars with tax cuts... You will remember, of course, that Bush began is term with an ostensibly balanced budget and ended it with huge deficits AND he actually had policies that effected the government spending (and receipt) infrastructure. He pretty much is holding the bag when the music stops...

    Can Senator Sanders win the democratic nomination for president?-deficit-causesofdeficits-jpg
    Christ I already answered that. I'm going to try this again.

    The president of the United States answers your question as clear as he can. The thing is he did exactly what he accused Bush of doing, but far worse making him the most unpatriotic President ever. This is the president answering your question.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyLmru6no4U
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  8. #78
    Educator
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Arizona
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    738

    Re: Can Senator Sanders win the democratic nomination for president?

    Doubt he'll have a chance, probably a bit too left to get enough of the base interested. Not to mentioned the DNC will do everything it can to derail him as fast as possible, knowing if he somehow managed to win they'd be screwed in the general (GOP would just say the word socialist every 5 seconds and win in a landslide because...America).

  9. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Pennsalvania
    Last Seen
    03-20-16 @ 02:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    2,171

    Re: Can Senator Sanders win the democratic nomination for president?

    While Hillary isn't my choice, neither is Sanders. I'm hoping more candidates enter the field.

    The benefit to having Sanders run will be that he will expose rifts in the party that Hillary Clinton needs to address and champion,, such as the lack of funds to do basic things like fix our nations crumbling roads.

  10. #80
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 03:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Can Senator Sanders win the democratic nomination for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    Only if there is a strong grass root movement. He won't be hand picked like Hill from corporate America.
    His campaign reported they took in $1.5 million in one day, part of that was my $25.00 contribution.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •