View Poll Results: Would you support the decision of Texas to peacefully and democratically secede, if voted upon

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    69 51.49%
  • No

    61 45.52%
  • Bumbershoot

    4 2.99%
Page 89 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast
Results 881 to 890 of 1310

Thread: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

  1. #881
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:53 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    84,275

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    ...nothing ...a deflection
    Again - you deny what I have posted and confirm the article identifying some extreme libertarians as having an apparent dissociative disorder.



    http://accredited-times.com/2013/08/08/352/

    In May of this year, the fifth edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders was published by the American Psychiatric Association. This near-comprehensive set of diagnostic criteria is just another example of the progress which government-funded medical research has made in recent years. Many hurdles remain, however, and psychiatric professionals are discovering new personality disorders and previously unknown mental dysfunctions on a near-daily basis. With that in mind, I offer the two following observations:


    1: Psychosis is defined by experts as a mental state involving a “loss of contact with reality.” (1)

    2: Ludwig von Mises, a cult figure among Right-wing extremists and described by many as the “Paul Krugman of Libertarianism”, once offered the following bizarre statement in defense of his repugnant ideology:

    “Its statements and propositions are not derived from experience. They are, like those of logic and mathematics, a priori. They are not subject to verification and falsification on the ground of experience and facts. They are both logically and temporally antecedent to any comprehension of historical facts.” (2)

    The consensus amongst professional Economists today is that this statement is merely another glaring example of the shoddy circular logic and solipsistic reasoning for which extreme right-wing “thinkers” are notorious. Could it be, however, that an altogether more tragic story lies behind the creation of Ludwig von Mises’ hate-filled works? Perhaps history may judge the man more kindly if the sociopathic nature of his “philosophy” can one day be ascribed to mental ill health rather than wilful malice.

    Whilst it is undeniable that the “Libertarian” movement exhibits continuous atavistic spasms of illogicality and delusion, the majority of individuals aligned with the “Libertarian” and Conspiracy movements are not, of course, mentally ill. Most are simply malcontents; socially inept individuals who, suffering from boredom as a result of the record amounts of leisure time afforded by recent improvements in the economy, engage in anonymous confrontational thrill-seeking online. Many are only semi-literate and, having perhaps read Ayn Rand, but not von Mises or Rothbard, merely parrot slogans and catchphrases which they have learned by rote from darkly charismatic leaders within the cult-like environs of shady online message boards.
    Each post you make in which you deny the evidence I have put forth right here today only confirms that this is valid and accurate.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #882
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 10:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,333

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    your declared ideology is that of a right libertarian. It is in every single post you make here. To acknowledge that and to acknowledge your tactics of denying the reality of the evidence i have presented and then to provide a third party source identifying such tactics as part and parcel of a libertarian mindset which is part of a mental disorder that has the person deny reality - is 100% appropriate when you continue to employ it like you just did again.
    being a libertrian has nothing to do with what we are talking about..you bringing it into the topic is a deflection

  3. #883
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:53 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    84,275

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    from your own post:

    The 19th amendment guarantees all American women the right to vote.


    MY POSTED LINK

    19th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution: Women's Right to Vote

    passed by Congress June 4, 1919, and ratified on August 18, 1920, the 19th amendment guarantees all American women the right to vote. Achieving this milestone required a lengthy and difficult struggle; victory took decades of agitation and protest. Beginning in the mid-19th century, several generations of woman suffrage supporters lectured, wrote, marched, lobbied, and practiced civil disobedience to achieve what many Americans considered a radical change of the Constitution. Few early supporters lived to see final victory in 1920.


    The 19th Amendment clarified that the right to vote could not be denied any citizen of the United States based on sex. Let's take a look at the lengthy and arduous path traveled by women seeking not only the right to vote, but also acknowledgment of citizenship.

    What is the 19th Amendment? - Definition, Summary & Date Ratified | Study.com


    19TH AMENDMENT SUMMARY


    The Nineteenth Amendment is all about giving women the opportunity to vote. In the 1830's, a lot of women went through a lot just to get this amendment ratified. They marched, wrote, and lectured to accomplish what many people thought wasn't possible. It was really hard for them because a lot of people, especially men, thought that all they should do was cook and do house work. The women thought that if they could get educated, then why couldn't they vote? So, they fought and fought until it was finally introduced to Congress in 1878. It was finally ratified in 1920.
    19th Amendment: The U.S. Constitution: Summary


    What Does the 19th Amendment Cover?
    The 19th amendment covers voting rights. Specifically, the amendment guarantees voting rights for women citizens of the United States. The amendment was officially ratified in the year 1920, and it was supported by various lobbying groups and leaders. Subsequent court cases upheld the constitutionality of the amendment and guaranteed voting rights for all U.S. citizens, regardless of their gender.

    - See more at: 19th Amendment Summary | LegalMatch Law Library
    Everything in that article confirms that the right to vote was given to women by the 19th Amendment. This proves you wrong beyond any doubt. For you to deny it - yet again - is simply a sign of your refusal to accept reality and fact because it would destroy your extremist self imposed belief system.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  4. #884
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 10:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,333

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    again - you deny what i have posted and confirm the article identifying some extreme libertarians as having an apparent dissociative disorder.



    Accredited Times | Of Mises and Madmen: Is Libertarianism a Mental Illness?



    each post you make in which you deny the evidence i have put forth right here today only confirms that this is valid and accurate.
    this is a complete deflection!...from what was being discussed

  5. #885
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:53 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    84,275

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    being a libertrian has nothing to do with what we are talking about..you bringing it into the topic is a deflection
    It has EVERYTHING to do with the tactics you use here and your blatant denial of reality. It fits you like a custom made $3,000.00 handmade suit.

    Furthermore, it explains many threads in the past and the tactics you used in them as well. The recent Declaration of Independence thread is another perfect example where you invented an alternate reality that fit your ideology and rejected the reality that most people and the history of this nation lives with.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #886
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 10:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,333

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    this is Haymarket's favorite info site..wikipedea

    he Nineteenth Amendment (Amendment XIX) to the United States Constitution prohibits any United States citizen from being denied the right to vote on the basis of sex. It was ratified on August 18, 1920. The Constitution allows the states to determine the qualifications of voters, subject to limitations imposed by later amendments. Until the 1910s, most states disenfranchised women. The amendment was the culmination of the women's suffrage movement in the United States, which fought at both state and national levels to achieve the vote. It effectively overruled Minor v. Happersett, in which a unanimous Supreme Court ruled that the Fourteenth Amendment did not give women the right to vote.

  7. #887
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 10:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,333

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    It has EVERYTHING to do with the tactics you use here and your blatant denial of reality. It fits you like a custom made $3,000.00 handmade suit.

    Furthermore, it explains many threads in the past and the tactics you used in them as well. The recent Declaration of Independence thread is another perfect example where you invented an alternate reality that fit your ideology and rejected the reality that most people and the history of this nation lives with.

    gIVE it up!..you cant make case for your argument, so now its "bash the libertarian"...hour.
    Last edited by Master PO; 05-15-15 at 02:37 PM.

  8. #888
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:53 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    84,275

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    this is Haymarket's favorite info site..wikipedea

    he Nineteenth Amendment (Amendment XIX) to the United States Constitution prohibits any United States citizen from being denied the right to vote on the basis of sex. It was ratified on August 18, 1920. The Constitution allows the states to determine the qualifications of voters, subject to limitations imposed by later amendments. Until the 1910s, most states disenfranchised women. The amendment was the culmination of the women's suffrage movement in the United States, which fought at both state and national levels to achieve the vote. It effectively overruled Minor v. Happersett, in which a unanimous Supreme Court ruled that the Fourteenth Amendment did not give women the right to vote.
    Another example of weirdness - you introduce something and use my name to do so when I have not introduced that item myself.

    And that article confirms that the 19th Amendment effectively gave women the right to vote.

    I taught US Government for 33 years and for much of it used the #1 high school text in America. It is used by more schools than any other text.
    AMERICAN GOVERNMENT: Principles and Practices by Turner, Switzer and Redden. Merrill Publishing Company.

    Here is what it says about the 19th Amendment in the section on the Constitution explain the Amendment: page 799

    " Adopted in 1920, the Nineteenth Amendment established the right of women to vote on a nationwide basis and indirectly established the right of women to hold public office."
    Now here is your chance to whine some more that I have not presented any evidence.


    "
    Last edited by haymarket; 05-15-15 at 02:38 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  9. #889
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 10:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,333

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    another example of weirdness - you introduce something and use my name to do so when i have not introduced that item myself.

    And that article confirms that the 19th amendment effectively gave women the right to vote.
    oh!..... Check my government web site...the national achieves

  10. #890
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:53 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    84,275

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    gIVE it up!..you cant make case for your argument, so now its "bash the libertarian"...hour.
    NO. I am simply speaking to the tactics you have used here and support it with authoritative evidence.

    When those same tactics are used to kill debate as well as present blatant falsehoods, they are appropriate to mention.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Page 89 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •