View Poll Results: Would you support the decision of Texas to peacefully and democratically secede, if voted upon

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    69 51.49%
  • No

    61 45.52%
  • Bumbershoot

    4 2.99%
Page 86 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast
Results 851 to 860 of 1310

Thread: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

  1. #851
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:44 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    80,034

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    AMENDMENT XV
    Passed by Congress February 26, 1869. Ratified February 3, 1870.

    Section 1.
    The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude--

    Section 2.
    The Congress shall have the power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

    THE 15TH AMENDMENT STATES THAT CONGRESS IS GRANTED THE POWER TO WRITE FEDERAL LEGISLATION, TO PROHIBIT THE ABRIDGEMENT OF VOTING BY THE U.S. OR ANY STATE ON ACCOUNT OF A PERSON'S RACE, HIS COLOR, OR IF HE WAS A FORMER SLAVE

    SO THE AMENDMENT PREVENTS GOVERNMENTS FROM DENYING PEOPLE A VOTE....ON ACCOUNT OF THE REASON WHICH ARE LISTED.........IT DOES NOT GRANT A VOTE!



    AMENDMENT XIX
    Passed by Congress June 4, 1919. Ratified August 18, 1920.

    The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex.

    Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

    THE 19TH AMENDMENT STATES THAT CONGRESS IS GRANTED THE POWER TO WRITE FEDERAL LEGISLATION, TO PROHIBIT THE ABRIDGEMENT OF VOTING BY THE U.S. OR ANY STATE ON ACCOUNT OF A PERSON'S SEX.

    SO THE AMENDMENT PREVENTS GOVERNMENTS FROM DENYING PEOPLE A VOTE....ON ACCOUNT OF THE REASON WHICH ARE LISTED.........IT DOES NOT GRANT A VOTE!



    AMENDMENT XXVI
    Passed by Congress March 23, 1971. Ratified July 1, 1971.

    Note: Amendment 14, section 2, of the Constitution was modified by section 1 of the 26th amendment.

    Section 1.
    The right of citizens of the United States, who are eighteen years of age or older, to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of age.

    Section 2.
    The Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

    THE 26TH AMENDMENT STATES THAT CONGRESS IS GRANTED THE POWER TO WRITE FEDERAL LEGISLATION, TO PROHIBIT THE ABRIDGEMENT OF VOTING BY THE U.S. OR ANY STATE ON ACCOUNT OF A PERSON'S AGE.

    SO THE AMENDMENT PREVENTS GOVERNMENTS FROM DENYING PEOPLE A VOTE....ON ACCOUNT OF THE REASON WHICH ARE LISTED.........IT DOES NOT GRANT A VOTE!
    so? How does printing the language of those Amendments negate the reality that those Amendments effectively extended the right to vote for those persons?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #852
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:44 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    80,034

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    again this is correct..the constitution is about the separations of powers, and what powers will be delegated to the federal government.....again the constitution is about powers.

    the body of the constitution of 1788...delegates powers to the federal government, and creates the structure of the federal government.

    the bill of rights lays restrictions on the federal government, not to makes laws which infringe on recognized rights of the people.

    further amendments grant congress powers to write legislation...pertaining to voting/privileges/rights among other things.

    again, the law of the constitution cannot be used on a Citizen of the u.s.......federal law is used on Citizens.
    Voting is a RIGHT - not a privilege and we know that because the Constitution lists it five different times in five different sections and a RIGHT. So stop already with the word privileges as it is completely incorrect.

    If the Constitution or state constitutions cannot create rights for people - who then does? And skip the BS about gods in the sky or nature sweeping up rights like leaves blowing in the wind or other fairy tales of the gullible and naive.

    You keep trying to increasingly narrow what we are talking about. From the Constitution does not apply to people to constitutional law does not apply to people to the constitution gives no right to people to nobody can be prosecuted for violating the Constitution to now its about powers.

    Whats next?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  3. #853
    Anti-democracy advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    China - teaching grasshopper
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,371

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    so? How does printing the language of those Amendments negate the reality that those Amendments effectively extended the right to vote for those persons?
    because states were denying people the vote, the amendment GRANTS CONGRESS THE POWER, to create federal law to prevent states from denying people the vote.

    voting comes out of state constitutions...because the federal constitution has the power of voting in ......state hands..

    Article. I.

    Section. 2.

    The House of Representatives shall be composed of Members chosen every second Year by the People of the several States, and the Electors in each State shall have the Qualifications requisite for Electors of the most numerous Branch of the State Legislature.

    voting was a privilege , and the states had Qualifications requisite in order for people to vote.

    all privileges which are granted by a government must be granted equally to all people if they meet the Qualifications requisite....but states were writing laws to keep blacks /women out of voting.

    the USSC took voting out of state constitutions and recognized it as a right of the people, and no one can be denied the vote by law because of race-color-sex--age


    I am the President see me smile

  4. #854
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:44 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    80,034

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    because states were denying people the vote, the amendment GRANTS CONGRESS THE POWER, to create federal law to prevent states from denying people the vote.

    voting comes out of state constitutions...because the federal constitution has the power of voting in ......state hands..

    Article. I.

    Section. 2.

    The House of Representatives shall be composed of Members chosen every second Year by the People of the several States, and the Electors in each State shall have the Qualifications requisite for Electors of the most numerous Branch of the State Legislature.

    voting was a privilege , and the states had Qualifications requisite in order for people to vote.

    all privileges which are granted by a government must be granted equally to all people if they meet the Qualifications requisite....but states were writing laws to keep blacks /women out of voting.

    the USSC took voting out of state constitutions and recognized it as a right of the people, and no one can be denied the vote by law because of race-color-sex--age
    Not one thing you claim in that post changes the reality that the Amendments discussed effectively expanded the vote to the groups mentioned.
    Not one thing you claim in that post changes the reality that voting in the USA is a RIGHT under the US Constitution and we know this because it is specifically mentioned at least five times in five different parts of the Constitution.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #855
    Anti-democracy advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    China - teaching grasshopper
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,371

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Not one thing you claim in that post changes the reality that the Amendments discussed effectively expanded the vote to the groups mentioned.
    Not one thing you claim in that post changes the reality that voting in the USA is a RIGHT under the US Constitution and we know this because it is specifically mentioned at least five times in five different parts of the Constitution.
    expanded...i guess you could use that term...

    but none on the amendments grant any rights..just like the bill of rights does not grant any.

    voting was a privilege in the beginning of america..that is FACT....the USSC....recognized a right to vote.

    none of the amendments make a grant of a right...but a grant of power to the federal government


    The Congress shall have the power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.


    I am the President see me smile

  6. #856
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:44 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    80,034

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    expanded...i guess you could use that term...

    but none on the amendments grant any rights..just like the bill of rights does not grant any.

    voting was a privilege in the beginning of america..that is FACT....the USSC....recognized a right to vote.

    none of the amendments make a grant of a right...but a grant of power to the federal government


    The Congress shall have the power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.
    Glad you agree on EXPANDED because when you do NOT have a right and the rights others have are EXPANDED to you, you then have been granted a right through that EXPANSION. So we are hopefully getting somewhere.

    The US Constitution recognizes VOTING as a RIGHT. We know this because it says so at least five different times in at least five different places.

    If you still maintain that none of the Amendments grant any rights - how do you then explain the rights listed specifically in the Sixth Amendment for just one example?

    The reality is that the Amendments on voting effectively gave the right to vote to the groups being discussed in them. That is simple reality.

    I suspect this discussion is again an example of the huge disconnect between reality and what libertarians believe in their dissociative state in an attempt to preserve their belief system so them simply deny reality. Von Mises did this and far too many libertarians - are guilty of at least exhibiting the signs of the same mental disorder that plagued Von Mises.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  7. #857
    Anti-democracy advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    China - teaching grasshopper
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,371

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Glad you agree on EXPANDED because when you do NOT have a right and the rights others have are EXPANDED to you, you then have been granted a right through that EXPANSION. So we are hopefully getting somewhere.

    The US Constitution recognizes VOTING as a RIGHT. We know this because it says so at least five different times in at least five different places.

    If you still maintain that none of the Amendments grant any rights - how do you then explain the rights listed specifically in the Sixth Amendment for just one example?

    The reality is that the Amendments on voting effectively gave the right to vote to the groups being discussed in them. That is simple reality.

    I suspect this discussion is again an example of the huge disconnect between reality and what libertarians believe in their dissociative state in an attempt to preserve their belief system so them simply deny reality. Von Mises did this and far too many libertarians - are guilty of at least exhibiting the signs of the same mental disorder that plagued Von Mises.

    rights can be recognized by the constitution or the USSC, but are not created by law.

    the right to privacy does not exist in the constitution, no where is it written , no where is it created by law of congress.

    the USSC recognized the right to privacy, ...which is unwritten law...its a negative right.

    In the United States, unwritten law takes on a variety of forms. In Constitutional Law the Supreme Court has ruled that the due process clause of the Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments to the U.S. Constitution protects the right to privacy even though the word privacy is not mentioned in the written text of the Constitution.

    unwritten law legal definition of unwritten law
    Last edited by Master PO; 05-15-15 at 12:17 PM.


    I am the President see me smile

  8. #858
    Anti-democracy advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    China - teaching grasshopper
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,371

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Victory! Federal Court Recognizes Constitutional Rights of Americans on the No-Fly List
    ACLU!
    https://www.aclu.org/blog/victory-fe...ns-no-fly-list [/QUOTE]

    Supreme Court to Decide Whether States Must Recognize Same-Sex Marriage

    Supreme Court to Decide Whether States Must Recognize Same-Sex Marriage - WSJ

    U.S. SUPREME COURT MUST RECOGNIZE MARRIAGE RIGHTS OF SAME-SEX COUPLES, SAYS HUMANIST GROUP

    U.S. Supreme Court Must Recognize Marriage Rights of Same-Sex Couples, Says Humanist Group

    the Supreme Court also recognized that the right of the parents to delegate their authority to a teacher in order to instruct their children was protected within the liberty of the Fourteenth Amendment.

    Decisions of the United States Supreme Court Upholding Parental Rights as "Fundamental"HSLDA | National Center Special Report[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Master PO; 05-15-15 at 12:26 PM.


    I am the President see me smile

  9. #859
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:44 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    80,034

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    rights can be recognized by the constitution or the USSC, but are not created by law.

    the right to privacy does not exist in the constitution, no where is it written , no where is it created by law of congress.

    the USSC recognized the right to privacy, ...which is unwritten law...its a negative right.

    In the United States, unwritten law takes on a variety of forms. In Constitutional Law the Supreme Court has ruled that the due process clause of the Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments to the U.S. Constitution protects the right to privacy even though the word privacy is not mentioned in the written text of the Constitution.

    unwritten law legal definition of unwritten law
    Again the disconnect between belief and reality on the part of the right libertarian. In point of fact you cannot tell me where these rights were to be found before they were placed in constitutions. Its a mental disconnect between reality and what you want to believe because you believe it as it fits into your adopted extremist ideology of right libertarianism.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  10. #860
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:44 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    80,034

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Not one thing you have said today or lately changes the reality that the Amendments we discussed effectively gave the right to vote to the people discussed in them.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Page 86 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •