View Poll Results: Would you support the decision of Texas to peacefully and democratically secede, if voted upon

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    69 51.49%
  • No

    61 45.52%
  • Bumbershoot

    4 2.99%
Page 83 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast
Results 821 to 830 of 1310

Thread: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

  1. #821
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 05:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    The wanting to govern themselves part involves them tacking over a portion of this country for their own needs. Such a usurpation of power is what is known as treason which is punishable by death. As you point out legally them tacking over portions of this country is illegal. Hell its even Constitutionally impossible for any faction to take over a portion of the US. Not only is such action treasonous but a act of war.


    ANd please dont lump me in with anyone, I think I have made you understand how that feels by now....
    secession is not inherently treason nor does it inherently mean war...that's merely your opinion and it ignores seceding by means other than how it was attempted in the past.

    those whom would secede would only take that part of the nation that they already exercise an amount of sovereignty over....and I did not say their plans are illegal, I said the argument against secession has the legal high ground.. that high ground consists solely of a single SCOTUS decision.


    who did i lump you in with ?

  2. #822
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 05:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    [QUOTE=haymarket;1064624207]
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post

    You seem to be stuck in some time of time warp where you repeat yourself and do not speak to the posts I have written for you providing just the argument that proves you wrong.

    Go back and read.

    Open your mind and learn.

    Put aside your faux ideology and join the 21st century of sane rational people.
    that was a poor alternative for an argument.. and utterly bereft of fact or accuracy.

    in other words... just another post by Haymarket

  3. #823
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 05:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    snip
    please quotes the exact text of the Constitution that applies directly to the people and is not a limitation on government.


    I'll wait.

  4. #824
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:40 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    87,795

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    please quotes the exact text of the Constitution that applies directly to the people and is not a limitation on government.


    I'll wait.
    SEE POST # 820. Its all there for you and you are ignoring it because it destroys you utterly and completely.

    Why can't you answer the questions I posed to you in 820? Why are you unable to do so?

    I just provided you in 820 many examples including the right to vote for African Americans, women, 18, 19 and 20 year olds, and Sixth Amendment rights.

    Is it fair to assume you have a copy of the Constitution and can read those sections?

    for example - the Sixth Amendment

    Amendment VI

    In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the state and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the assistance of counsel for his defense.
    Every part of that tells us rights that a person accused of a crime has.

    Go back and read.

    Go back and learn.

    Go back and stop pretending that you are clever looking for your next insult.
    Last edited by haymarket; 05-14-15 at 10:46 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #825
    Sage
    Ahlevah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Flyoverland
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,733

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Statements of faith which cannot be proven to be true or exist are simply that - statements of faith and mean nothing in terms of evidence of reality.
    So if I say I'm happy is that a statement of faith? Fine. I can live with that. On the other hand, where is your evidence that any aspect of the statement you wrote above is anything more than your opinion? You didn't even bother to offer up a reasonable argument to support it. Even if you had, I would have just quoted Rousseau: "Human reason much more easily takes the form of opinion than of truth and that when two men disagree, what one thinks he has proven is just a sophism to the other."
    Нава́льный 2018

  6. #826
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 05:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    SEE POST # 820. Its all there for you and you are ignoring it because it destroys you utterly and completely.

    I just provided you in 820 many examples including the right to vote for African Americans, women, 18, 19 and 20 year olds, and Sixth Amendment rights.

    Is it fair to assume you have a copy of the Constitution and can read those sections?

    Go back and read.

    Go back and learn.

    Go back and stop pretending that you are clever looking for your next insult.
    sorry man " go look it up" is not acceptable evidence for your claim.

    please provide proof of your claim.... provide the text of the US Constitution that applies directly to the people and is not a limitation of govt.

  7. #827
    Not liberal/conservative
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,807

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    secession is not inherently treason nor does it inherently mean war...that's merely your opinion and it ignores seceding by means other than how it was attempted in the past.

    those whom would secede would only take that part of the nation that they already exercise an amount of sovereignty over....and I did not say their plans are illegal, I said the argument against secession has the legal high ground.. that high ground consists solely of a single SCOTUS decision.
    Purposely trying to break up the union is indeed treason.

    If the government is so corrupted the US Constitution has lost its power as the law of the land then it wouldnt be seceding. And if the goal at that point is not to reinstate the US government then it is something that I would fight against.


    who did i lump you in with ?
    Does the word "compatriots" ring a bell? You seem to think that anyone who makes an argument against your claim is doing so as a group. I am a individualist I belong to no group so to me you just seem paranoid. Everyone isnt ganging up on you, you argument just sucks.

  8. #828
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 05:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    Purposely trying to break up the union is indeed treason.
    no, it's not.
    the US Constitution defines Treason as "Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort."... so yeah.. you're wrong... no doubt about it.

    If the government is so corrupted the US Constitution has lost its power as the law of the land then it wouldnt be seceding. And if the goal at that point is not to reinstate the US government then it is something that I would fight against.
    so you would make war on those whom decided to secede?.. all based on your misunderstanding of the word treason?
    that's not very nice.


    Does the word "compatriots" ring a bell? You seem to think that anyone who makes an argument against your claim is doing so as a group. I am a individualist I belong to no group so to me you just seem paranoid. Everyone isn't ganging up on you, you argument just sucks.
    I didn't say anyone was ganging up on me.. nor was any group named for you to be lumped in with <shrug>.... go easy on the projection, man

    I don't doubt you think my argument sucks... that comes as no surprise.

  9. #829
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    8,740

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    will you please provide proof of what you say, ..instead of just telling me this.

    i have asked you several times already where rights are granted by government, and you have refuse to show me.
    any legal rights you have

  10. #830
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    8,740

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    since rights are only recognized by the constitution, and not granted by government, congress has no power over them.

    you don't have power over what you don't control.

    the constitution is federalism, the separation of powers between state governments and the federal government with the federal government having few powers, and the bill of rights are restrictions on the federal government to make no laws concerning the recognized rights

    that's the same thing

Page 83 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •