View Poll Results: Would you support the decision of Texas to peacefully and democratically secede, if voted upon

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    69 51.49%
  • No

    61 45.52%
  • Bumbershoot

    4 2.99%
Page 57 of 131 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 570 of 1310

Thread: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

  1. #561
    Anti-democracy advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    China - teaching grasshopper
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,481

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    That is double talk the Southern States seceded not the people separately from the State. The talk about Texas seceding is about the State seceding no one every says that it the people of Texas that want to secede that is because the secessionists are a extreme minority just as they were a minority in control in the Southern States that tried to secede and failed.
    the people of the southern states chose to secede from the union, all states except tenn..by holding state conventions, while tenn. held a state referendum of the people.


    I am the President see me smile

  2. #562
    Anti-democracy advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    China - teaching grasshopper
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,481

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    No, no...it's not, your pretty much right on.

    It wouldn't take long to realize that Texans can't tote the note for education, highways, military, medicare, medicaid, Border patrol, water management, yadda, yadda, yadda...

    The people in Texas who support secession are morons...in my opinion.
    if Texas left the union, the union would be in a bad way also.

    because Texas holds oil reserves, Texas holds [1] power grid of the [3] which other states depend on......so it would not be good for both sides.


    I am the President see me smile

  3. #563
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 05:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    Well you know people think every Texas has an oil well in their backyard...that's suppose to pay for Texas' secession.
    sovereign currency would work as well.... kinda like it works for nearly every country on the planet.

  4. #564
    Anti-democracy advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    China - teaching grasshopper
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,481

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    I say let Texas secede and then we impose very heavy sanctions until they beg US to come back in.
    not likely to work since they could make deals with other nations, and they have access to the sea.


    I am the President see me smile

  5. #565
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    03-26-17 @ 01:04 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    23,006

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    not likely to work since they could make deals with other nations, and they have access to the sea.
    Would you support the right of Texas to secede?-facepalm-jpg
    “looking with fondness towards a reconciliation with Great Britain…I…would rather be dependent on Great Britain, properly limited, than with any other nation on earth or on no nation”. Thomas Jefferson; August 25 1775

  6. #566
    Anti-democracy advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    China - teaching grasshopper
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,481

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Would you support the right of Texas to secede?-facepalm-jpg
    one reason you get smacked down so much is because you put no real thought in what you say.
    Last edited by Master PO; 05-12-15 at 11:30 PM.


    I am the President see me smile

  7. #567
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    03-28-17 @ 05:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    582

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Absolutely!

    The loss of Texas would be well worth it in order to get rid of the Republican power base.
    Getting rid of Texas would be as helpful for America as curing cancer (politically speaking).
    Without Republicans, the amount of good we could do is endless.

  8. #568
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    03-20-17 @ 12:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,744

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by Painter View Post
    Absolutely!

    The loss of Texas would be well worth it in order to get rid of the Republican power base.
    Getting rid of Texas would be as helpful for America as curing cancer (politically speaking).
    Without Republicans, the amount of good we could do is endless.
    nope this is the same cancer

  9. #569
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    03-20-17 @ 12:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,744

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post


    one reason you get smacked down so much is because you put no real thought in what you say.
    well u.s has an ok navy maybe sanctions would work

  10. #570
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,812

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    That is double talk the Southern States seceded not the people separately from the State. The talk about Texas seceding is about the State seceding no one every says that it the people of Texas that want to secede that is because the secessionists are a extreme minority just as they were a minority in control in the Southern States that tried to secede and failed.
    In a republic, the state is the people, entrusted to represent their will. Furthermore, if you believe polls, that extreme minority is about 25% of the state. Thats about 6 million people, which is twice the population of all the original 13 colonies combined.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •