View Poll Results: Would you support the decision of Texas to peacefully and democratically secede, if voted upon

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    69 51.49%
  • No

    61 45.52%
  • Bumbershoot

    4 2.99%
Page 56 of 131 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast
Results 551 to 560 of 1310

Thread: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

  1. #551
    Repentless
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,910

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    Hypotheticals are by definition void of all reality.
    As soon as a State secedes it would become a Federal Government of its own. That is reality.

    ANd when the South tried to secede the first thing that they did is a create a Federal Government.

    The point of neo-secessionists is to circumnavigate the people to impose a new government that meets the needs of a small minority.

  2. #552
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,230

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    As soon as a State secedes it would become a Federal Government of its own. That is reality.

    ANd when the South tried to secede the first thing that they did is a create a Federal Government.

    The point of neo-secessionists is to circumnavigate the people to impose a new government that meets the needs of a small minority.
    The people are the ones seceeding. How are they being circumvented?

  3. #553
    Repentless
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,910

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    The people are the ones seceeding. How are they being circumvented?
    That is double talk the Southern States seceded not the people separately from the State. The talk about Texas seceding is about the State seceding no one every says that it the people of Texas that want to secede that is because the secessionists are a extreme minority just as they were a minority in control in the Southern States that tried to secede and failed.

  4. #554
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    20,354

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    That is double talk the Southern States seceded not the people separately from the State. The talk about Texas seceding is about the State seceding no one every says that it the people of Texas that want to secede that is because the secessionists are a extreme minority just as they were a minority in control in the Southern States that tried to secede and failed.
    I'm a native Texan. Everybody in their right mind in Texas knows that if Texas seceded that in a matter of a few short years the state would be in a world of ****.

  5. #555
    Repentless
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,910

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    I'm a native Texan. Everybody in their right mind in Texas knows that if Texas seceded that in a matter of a few short years the state would be in a world of ****.
    Lol Im in New Mexico I dont think that it would take years for Texas to go to ****. But that might be my bias speaking :P

  6. #556
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    20,354

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    Lol Im in New Mexico I dont think that it would take years for Texas to go to ****. But that might be my bias speaking :P
    No, no...it's not, your pretty much right on.

    It wouldn't take long to realize that Texans can't tote the note for education, highways, military, medicare, medicaid, Border patrol, water management, yadda, yadda, yadda...

    The people in Texas who support secession are morons...in my opinion.

  7. #557
    Repentless
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,910

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    No, no...it's not, your pretty much right on.

    It wouldn't take long to realize that Texans can't tote the note for education, highways, military, medicare, medicaid, Border patrol, water management, yadda, yadda, yadda...

    The people in Texas who support secession are morons...in my opinion.
    I suspect that Mexican Cartels would take advantage of a border State that seceded. That is if we ignored the fact that no State can secede. But if one did somehow, it would lose overnight a huge military protection. It would take years to prepare for such a change to a States government to work. But without the US Constitution in play within its borders and the ideology of those supporting secession, I wouldnt be surprised to see lots of corruption. There would be a immediate need for monies to be generated.

  8. #558
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    20,354

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    I suspect that Mexican Cartels would take advantage of a border State that seceded. That is if we ignored the fact that no State can secede. But if one did somehow, it would lose overnight a huge military protection. It would take years to prepare for such a change to a States government to work. But without the US Constitution in play within its borders and the ideology of those supporting secession, I wouldnt be surprised to see lots of corruption. There would be a immediate need for monies to be generated.
    Well you know people think every Texas has an oil well in their backyard...that's suppose to pay for Texas' secession.

  9. #559
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:13 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    21,924

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    While unlikely anytime too soon, it's not unthinkable that one day, Texas might vote to secede from the United States and re-establish itself as an independent nation.

    If done in a peaceful and democratic manner...that is, if the people of Texas overwhelmingly voted to withdraw from the U.S. In a referendum similar to the one recently held in Scotland, would you support the right of Texas to go her own way?
    I say let Texas secede and then we impose very heavy sanctions until they beg US to come back in.
    You can dance without a lawyer

  10. #560
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The South Pacific
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:56 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    52,203

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Of course I would support that... every state should have that right, besides it is another country that I could add to my list:

    USA
    Canada
    Mexico
    Costa Rica
    Australia
    New Zealand
    Hong Kong
    Vietnam
    China
    Singapore
    Italy
    France
    Monaco
    England
    Switzerland
    East L.A.
    AND:
    Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The Supreme Court can't interpret The Constitution. They don't have that power.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •