View Poll Results: Would you support the decision of Texas to peacefully and democratically secede, if voted upon

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    69 51.49%
  • No

    61 45.52%
  • Bumbershoot

    4 2.99%
Page 54 of 131 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast
Results 531 to 540 of 1310

Thread: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

  1. #531
    Not liberal/conservative
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,458

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman123 View Post
    Yep. Within the Union. I'm not going to bow so low at the altar of property rights that I'll acknowledge the right of every individual land owner to say whether or not their land belongs in X or Y country. Some things are more important than the individual.
    One individual could claim sovereignty, but fat a lot a good that it would do them considering the illegalities of our sovereign nation. United States of America vs sovereign individual. It never works out for them when they pretend that the law of the land doesnt pertain to them.

  2. #532
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    13,482

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    Even minorities with extreme motives (like you) have freedom of speech. You also are enjoying your liberties as we speak. And most Americans do care, unless you have been under a rock it should be obvious. So your concerns do not warrant taking over and destroying America. You are in for a bigger fight than you believe. After all it is people like you that real AMericans cherish their right to bear arms against foreign and domestic threats.
    Maybe you didnt see where minorities are rioting over their perceived lack of freedom. Freedom of speech isnt the only one. Rule of law, freedom to keep what I earn, privacy, to have control over my daily activites, have all been illegally curbed by the federal govt. And American DONT care because many of them dont vote, vote uninformed, or vote for the people curbing our freedoms.

    Furthermore, no where did I argue for taking over or destroying america. You are free to continue your socialist paradise if thats what you want. Some of us want to go another way, on our own.

  3. #533
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    13,482

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman123 View Post
    Yep. Within the Union. I'm not going to bow so low at the altar of property rights that I'll acknowledge the right of every individual land owner to say whether or not their land belongs in X or Y country. Some things are more important than the individual.
    Which is exactly the mentality that we want to leave behind, the reason we need to dissolve all or part of the union.

  4. #534
    Sage
    Sherman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 12:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,775

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    Maybe you didnt see where minorities are rioting over their perceived lack of freedom. Freedom of speech isnt the only one. Rule of law, freedom to keep what I earn, privacy, to have control over my daily activites, have all been illegally curbed by the federal govt. And American DONT care because many of them dont vote, vote uninformed, or vote for the people curbing our freedoms.

    Furthermore, no where did I argue for taking over or destroying america. You are free to continue your socialist paradise if thats what you want. Some of us want to go another way, on our own.
    Which you are free to do. Just don't labor under the delusion that you get to take your land with you. But if you do try (or stop paying taxes) you can thankfully expect a knock at your door from the police.

  5. #535
    Sage
    Sherman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 12:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,775

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    Which is exactly the mentality that we want to leave behind, the reason we need to dissolve all or part of the union.
    Again, you can think whatever you want. But you aren't 'dissolving' the Union (lol) and you aren't taking your property with you.

  6. #536
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    13,482

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman123 View Post
    Again, you can think whatever you want. But you aren't 'dissolving' the Union (lol) and you aren't taking your property with you.
    I guess we'll see.

  7. #537
    Not liberal/conservative
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,458

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    Maybe you didnt see where minorities are rioting over their perceived lack of freedom. Freedom of speech isnt the only one. Rule of law, freedom to keep what I earn, privacy, to have control over my daily activites, have all been illegally curbed by the federal govt. And American DONT care because many of them dont vote, vote uninformed, or vote for the people curbing our freedoms.

    Furthermore, no where did I argue for taking over or destroying america. You are free to continue your socialist paradise if thats what you want. Some of us want to go another way, on our own.
    Bwhahaha I am not a ****ing socialist. In fact I am very anti socialist and there are plenty of posts on this site here that back that claim. I do always find it entertaining when people try to assign me to some ideology that they are against. It shows just how canned their arguments really are. Perhaps you should take your argument to a socialist since that is who you want to disagree with.


    And by all means go on your own but dont you dare try to take any of American soil with you. That my friend would be an act of war. "E Pluribus Unum"

  8. #538
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    13,482

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    Bwhahaha I am not a ****ing socialist. In fact I am very anti socialist and there are plenty of posts on this site here that back that claim. I do always find it entertaining when people try to assign me to some ideology that they are against. It shows just how canned their arguments really are. Perhaps you should take your argument to a socialist since that is who you want to disagree with.


    And by all means go on your own but dont you dare try to take any of American soil with you. That my friend would be an act of war. "E Pluribus Unum"
    Perhaps you should calm down.

  9. #539
    Not liberal/conservative
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,458

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    Perhaps you should calm down.
    Perhaps you should since you are the one asserting ANti-American rhetoric.

  10. #540
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    13,482

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    Perhaps you should since you are the one asserting ANti-American rhetoric.
    Im just having a debate. I have been calm and civil the entire time. Meanwhile you are laughing, swearing, writing with a condescending tone, attacking me personally, and implying physical threats. I realize youre being rhetorical, and would be happy to continue the debate in a civil manner.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •