View Poll Results: Would you support the decision of Texas to peacefully and democratically secede, if voted upon

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    69 51.49%
  • No

    61 45.52%
  • Bumbershoot

    4 2.99%
Page 119 of 131 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1310

Thread: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

  1. #1181
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 10:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    You are going to need to be more specific.
    when states joined the union, the u.s. federal government Declared via u.s. enabling laws, that states when they entered the union, their state constitutions were in no way repugnat to the u.s constitution or the principles of the declaration of independence.

    some state constitutions have in them the right of the people to alter of abolish their government, while others state that all political power of the state is inherent in the people.

    the u.s. government by creating those laws said.....your right to alter or abolish your state government, is within the federal constitution and the DOI, and not repugnant..THEREFORE IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT TO SAY THAT ALTERING OR ABOLISHING A STATE GOVERNMENT IS OUTSIDE OF CONSTITUTIONAL LAW.

  2. #1182
    Not liberal/conservative
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,717

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    when states joined the union, the u.s. federal government Declared via u.s. enabling laws, that states when they entered the union, their state constitutions were in no way repugnat to the u.s constitution or the principles of the declaration of independence.

    some state constitutions have in them the right of the people to alter of abolish their government, while others state that all political power of the state is inherent in the people.

    the u.s. government by creating those laws said.....your right to alter or abolish your state government, is within the federal constitution and the DOI, and not repugnant..THEREFORE IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT TO SAY THAT ALTERING OR ABOLISHING A STATE GOVERNMENT IS OUTSIDE OF CONSTITUTIONAL LAW.
    Even if that was true (which it isnt) that still doesnt mean that a State can act against the US Constitution.

  3. #1183
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 10:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    Even if that was true (which it isnt) that still doesnt mean that a State can act against the US Constitution.
    it is true, go out and read state constitutions, and read the enabling laws for them....

    it states they can alter their government or abolish it......if they do that how can it be part of the union.

  4. #1184
    Not liberal/conservative
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,717

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    it is true, go out and read state constitutions, and read the enabling laws for them....

    it states they can alter their government or abolish it......if they do that how can it be part of the union.
    A State cannot just pretend like the US Constitution isnt the law of the land.

  5. #1185
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 10:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    A State cannot just pretend like the US Constitution isnt the law of the land.
    did not say it could, but the federal government by law has already stated by federal law that a state constitution meets muster, and nothing in said state constutution is repugnant to the federal constitution.

    so if the poeople are exercising a right recognized via that constitution, how can the federal government says its an unconstitutional action, if the federal government has already said such action is not... by law?

  6. #1186
    Not liberal/conservative
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,717

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    did not say it could, but the federal government by law has already stated by federal law that a state constitution meets muster, and nothing in said state constutution is repugnant to the federal constitution.

    so if the poeople are exercising a right recognized via that constitution, how can the federal government says its an unconstitutional action, if the federal government has already said such action is not... by law?
    Leaving the Union is extremely repugnant to the US Constitution.

  7. #1187
    Not liberal/conservative
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,717

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Once again, are those that voted 'no' prepared to keep Texas in the U.S. by force, if they voted to leave?

    I am not a Texan, but I would NEVER take up arms to force a state to stay in America if most of that's state's citizens voted to leave.
    I am prepared to bear arms against those that wish to take over the US.

  8. #1188
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    40,677

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    No. I am saying the a State cannot take the protections afforded by the Constitution away from American citizens. Remember we are residents of the State that we live in right now, and citizens of the USA.
    Now, there's an interesting point. If a state were to secede from the union, then the inhabitants of said state would lose the Constitutionally guaranteed right of citizenship by birth.

    Maybe, then, the residents would have to be granted dual citizenship.
    “A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices” George Orwell


  9. #1189
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 10:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    Leaving the Union is extremely repugnant to the US Constitution.
    the federal government has said via law, that altering or abolishing a state government is not repugnant to the federal constitution, because it is a right of the people.

    therefore it is is a right of the people and the federal government by law has say so, then how can a state be part of the union.....?

  10. #1190
    Not liberal/conservative
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,717

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Now, there's an interesting point. If a state were to secede from the union, then the inhabitants of said state would lose the Constitutionally guaranteed right of citizenship by birth.

    Maybe, then, the residents would have to be granted dual citizenship.
    The citizens of a State that seceded and were a new country would be under the jurisdiction of said new country. The US Constitution has no jurisdiction in other countries.
    The new country could decide to do anything they wanted and the US government could do nothing about it. Including striping the rights of dual citizenship residents. The US Government would have to act in behalf of her citizens that lost their rights and do its duty to protect the rights of those US citizens that were victims of a rogue State government.

    What is interesting about the proponents of State secession is the complete lack of understanding that the people of any State in this here Union move around a lot. There doesnt really exist a permanent citizenry of any State. The properties in each State is intertwined by owners from different States. People have family in several States. My family line envelopes several States. Secessionists are too naive to realize that every State is inhabited by people from other States. I was born in Washington State, raised in Oregon and now live in New Mexico. But along the way I lived in several other States.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •