View Poll Results: Would you support the decision of Texas to peacefully and democratically secede, if voted upon

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    69 51.49%
  • No

    61 45.52%
  • Bumbershoot

    4 2.99%
Page 113 of 131 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1310

Thread: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

  1. #1121
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 10:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,333

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    Ha! Yeah....took it over like the Alamo.
    ......why it is every time you speak to me on subjects, you are lost?

    your conversation had nothing to do with mind in the first place, yet you tried to create a point with me and failed.

  2. #1122
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,523

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    ......why it is every time you speak to me on subjects, you are lost?

    your conversation had nothing to do with mind in the first place, yet you tried to create a point with me and failed.
    It's just my NATURE!

  3. #1123
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 10:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,333

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    Yeah, but you're wrong. I can use another person's property...and not only use it, but claim it as my own...and they can't get it back even in a lawsuit.
    fail....this has nothing to do with what i was talking about with blarg, which you inserted yourself..

  4. #1124
    Not liberal/conservative
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,464

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    If you have a natural right to food, water, and shelter, and can't provide them for yourself, does that mean that someone else has a natural obligation to provide them for you?
    Without recognizing the basic needs of survival a government could control the citizens by their bellies. Having a right to life covers basic survival needs. Turning that need into partisan hackery is dishonest. Certainly you wouldnt want to be barred from eating or from anything that will kill you. There is plenty of food to go around in the US that no one should starve. Your rights end where anothers would be harmed if you asserted your right. Claiming that someone worked producing a food product does not give anyone the right to tell a child that they are going to starve to death because someone else had a job and they dont want to be forced to give anything to anyone. Where could such people lead us?

    Holodomor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  5. #1125
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 10:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,333

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    ......why it is every time you speak to me on subjects, you are lost?


    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    It's just my NATURE!

  6. #1126
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    40,245

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    Yeah, but you're wrong. I can use another person's property...and not only use it, but claim it as my own...and they can't get it back even in a lawsuit.
    It's called squatter's rights here in Cali. The laws vary from state to state. I'm not sure if you really "own" the right of access you describe, but maybe. It depends on the laws in your state.
    "Those were lies, pure and simple."

  7. #1127
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,523

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    fail....this has nothing to do with what i was talking about with blarg, which you inserted yourself..
    Exactly, because what you were saying to Blarg was incorrect. You can use another person's property...even take it away. There are laws which state a person can do so.

    In the absence of government (under NATURAL RIGHTS or LAW) - how can you prevent another from using or taking your property?

  8. #1128
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 10:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,333

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    Exactly, because what you were saying to Blarg was incorrect. You can use another person's property...even take it away. There are laws which state a person can do so.

    In the absence of government (under NATURAL RIGHTS or LAW) - how can you prevent another from using or taking your property?
    lost you are....

    if you had paid attention my conversation had to do with natural rights.

    meaning just because you need food- water- shelter does not mean you can take it from other people, because you claim you have a natural right to it.....that was the conversation......but you failed in understanding that

  9. #1129
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,523

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    It's called squatter's rights here in Cali. The laws vary from state to state. I'm not sure if you really "own" the right of access you describe, but maybe. It depends on the laws in your state.
    Yeah, exactly. In Texas such events fall under "Estopple Law". I made some improvements on a road next to my property. The owner didn't like it when he found out...he wanted to sue me but then found out that because I'd used the property for so long without being denied access - the road is now just like my own property. So now the owner is trying to get the County to assess the tax value on me. That might happen. But that's okay.

  10. #1130
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,523

    Re: Would you support the right of Texas to secede?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    lost you are....

    if you had paid attention my conversation had to do with natural rights.

    meaning just because you need food- water- shelter does not mean you can take it from other people, because you claim you have a natural right to it.....that was the conversation......but you failed in understanding that
    I do have a natural right to it because government wouldn't protect the guy who owns it. Finders Keepers...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •