View Poll Results: Is there a double Standard in America's reaction to riots?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    10 71.43%
  • No

    4 28.57%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: Is there a double Standard in America's reaction to riots?

  1. #1
    Guru
    Zinthaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,658

    Is there a double Standard in America's reaction to riots?

    11 Stunning Images Highlight the Double Standard of Reactions to Riots Like Baltimore - Mic

    I don't condone anything that is happening in Baltimore, but it is always fascinating how quickly black people are condemned racially for committing atrocities committed by every other race.

    How amplified their actions are perceived in comparison to when other races do the same thing. You see it here on DP and youtube and other sites.

    Nigger this - Nigger that. Monkey this - Monkey that and blanket statements a plenty.

    Commentary that is never seen in regards to riots comprised of primarily white citizens who are, often, rioting over, in comparison, very trivial and mundane events.

    So my question is - Is there a double standard in how we view "white" riots and "black" riots?



    Is there a double Standard in America's reaction to riots?-riot6-jpgIs there a double Standard in America's reaction to riots?-riot-3-jpgIs there a double Standard in America's reaction to riots?-riot-jpgIs there a double Standard in America's reaction to riots?-riot4-jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images Is there a double Standard in America's reaction to riots?-riot-2-jpg 
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    In my own experience here, people seem to ignore a posters professional experience or training if the app pro holds a view that is disagreed with.

  2. #2
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    03-30-17 @ 03:14 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is there a double Standard in America's reaction to riots?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinthaniel View Post

    Nigger this - Nigger that. Monkey this - Monkey that and blanket statements a plenty.
    You really, really like to use racial slurs about African-Americans, don't you? Despicable.

  3. #3
    Guru
    Zinthaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,658

    Re: Is there a double Standard in America's reaction to riots?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    You really, really like to use racial slurs about African-Americans, don't you? Despicable.
    No, actually I don't. Don't know how you could have possibly got that impression. Perhaps reread the OP without stripping away the context?
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    In my own experience here, people seem to ignore a posters professional experience or training if the app pro holds a view that is disagreed with.

  4. #4
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,438
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is there a double Standard in America's reaction to riots?

    Context.






    Question.



    Do you believe that had Zimorman been convicted of murder in FL, there would have been riots?
    "Half full or half empty doesn't matter. What matters is, you've only got half a glass...so what are you going to do about it?" - Me
    www.kohlerimaging.com

  5. #5
    Guru
    Zinthaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,658

    Re: Is there a double Standard in America's reaction to riots?

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    Context.






    Question.



    Do you believe that had Zimorman been convicted of murder in FL, there would have been riots?
    No. I don't think there would have been. Not by African Americans at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    In my own experience here, people seem to ignore a posters professional experience or training if the app pro holds a view that is disagreed with.

  6. #6
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,438
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is there a double Standard in America's reaction to riots?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinthaniel View Post
    No. I don't think there would have been. Not by African Americans at least.
    Or by white people. An important understanding to come to, IMO.





    What was the last instance of specifically white people rioting in the streets, if you could?


    Occupy Wallstreet? Hardly a riot.
    "Half full or half empty doesn't matter. What matters is, you've only got half a glass...so what are you going to do about it?" - Me
    www.kohlerimaging.com

  7. #7
    Guru
    Zinthaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,658

    Re: Is there a double Standard in America's reaction to riots?

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    Or by white people. An important understanding to come to, IMO.





    What was the last instance of specifically white people rioting in the streets, if you could?


    Occupy Wallstreet? Hardly a riot.
    Get to the meat of your point please.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    In my own experience here, people seem to ignore a posters professional experience or training if the app pro holds a view that is disagreed with.

  8. #8
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,438
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is there a double Standard in America's reaction to riots?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinthaniel View Post
    Get to the meat of your point please.
    My point is, you have provided a series of images depicting white people rioting, but I want some context for those images.


    I am unaware of specifically white people rioting for any particular reason in our recent history.

    Yet to are trying to draw parallels to the behaviors of white and black people.

    If white people have not rioted within our recent history, no such parallel can be drawn, and no other facet of your argument (then being a straw man) needs be addressed.


    In other words, show me the money, lol. Show me how white's truly have acted the same as blacks.


    Sounds racist, but again, back that up with some facts, and I'll back right down. I am unaware of any white riots (other than the band from the 70s) of late, over any particular issue, unless you count the occupy wall street movement, which I would hardly qualify as rioting.
    "Half full or half empty doesn't matter. What matters is, you've only got half a glass...so what are you going to do about it?" - Me
    www.kohlerimaging.com

  9. #9
    Guru
    Zinthaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,658

    Re: Is there a double Standard in America's reaction to riots?

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    My point is, you have provided a series of images depicting white people rioting, but I want some context for those images.


    I am unaware of specifically white people rioting for any particular reason in our recent history.

    Yet to are trying to draw parallels to the behaviors of white and black people.

    If white people have not rioted within our recent history, no such parallel can be drawn, and no other facet of your argument (then being a straw man) needs be addressed.


    In other words, show me the money, lol. Show me how white's truly have acted the same as blacks.


    Sounds racist, but again, back that up with some facts, and I'll back right down. I am unaware of any white riots (other than the band from the 70s) of late, over any particular issue, unless you count the occupy wall street movement, which I would hardly qualify as rioting.
    Well I provided you with a link and video that gave you context to the pictures and even if I hadn't provided you with the links I'm not sure how the images of white people setting things on fire and looting are not enough "evidence" for white people showing the same capacity for violence and rioting as blacks. Why do I have to go an extra length to qualify their actions? Under what circumstance is it ok to destroy public property and burglerize the city around you?

    I mean really thank you for proving my point.

    Here are more White people rioting, admittibly outside of the u.s but Caucasians all the same -





    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    In my own experience here, people seem to ignore a posters professional experience or training if the app pro holds a view that is disagreed with.

  10. #10
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: Is there a double Standard in America's reaction to riots?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinthaniel View Post
    11 Stunning Images Highlight the Double Standard of Reactions to Riots Like Baltimore - Mic

    I don't condone anything that is happening in Baltimore, but it is always fascinating how quickly black people are condemned racially for committing atrocities committed by every other race.

    How amplified their actions are perceived in comparison to when other races do the same thing. You see it here on DP and youtube and other sites.

    Nigger this - Nigger that. Monkey this - Monkey that and blanket statements a plenty.

    Commentary that is never seen in regards to riots comprised of primarily white citizens who are, often, rioting over, in comparison, very trivial and mundane events.

    So my question is - Is there a double standard in how we view "white" riots and "black" riots?



    Is there a double Standard in America's reaction to riots?-riot6-jpgIs there a double Standard in America's reaction to riots?-riot-3-jpgIs there a double Standard in America's reaction to riots?-riot-jpgIs there a double Standard in America's reaction to riots?-riot4-jpg
    Not only that double standard but also the double standard that it's mostly alright for people to riot in countries we don't like, they're freedom fighters right up until they become our enemies.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •