View Poll Results: What is your opinion on cat calling? DP women, top 4 /DP men, bottom 4 answers

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love it! Makes me feel wanted and sexy!

    4 10.26%
  • I have been cat called and I have no opinion

    1 2.56%
  • I have never been cat called so I have no opinion

    0 0%
  • It makes me feel either/or fearful and embarrassed

    7 17.95%
  • Women are generally vain and they love the attention!

    0 0%
  • Women who don't like it are ugly jealous feminists bitches!

    1 2.56%
  • I don't do it, but don't mind if my friends do

    4 10.26%
  • As a male, it shames me

    22 56.41%
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 132

Thread: Cat Calling

  1. #71
    Magic!

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    25,713

    Re: Cat Calling

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Is it about that specific individual or would any individual have worked, they just need to be there at that point in time? It's likely the latter, people are assholes and would go after nary anyone. Is one form of harassment innately worse or better than another if the physiological responses are the same?
    I didn't really follow that except insofar as I would say that sexualized harassment is generally worse than, say, people invading my private space every time I leave the supermarket to donate to one cause or another.

  2. #72
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    50,418

    Re: Cat Calling

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    I didn't really follow that except insofar as I would say that sexualized harassment is generally worse than, say, people invading my private space every time I leave the supermarket to donate to one cause or another.
    Yeah, but those guys are standing by the side of the store and you can walk away. Ever have one follow you for half a city block?
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #73
    Magic!

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    25,713

    Re: Cat Calling

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Yeah, but those guys are standing by the side of the store and you can walk away. Ever have one follow you for half a city block?
    They invade my space, but I definitely put them near the bottom of the totem pole as harassment goes. They're still super annoying though.

  4. #74
    dangerously addictive
    americanwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,238

    Re: Cat Calling

    I don't really have a good or bad opinion and I've been cat called many times. In my neighborhood someone saying hey mama or something like that is common and I guess maybe I just am used to it and just smile and keep walking. If they take it further or are bein creepy I'll just tell them to **** off and that seems to work just fine.
    Is what you're living for today, worth dying for tomorrow?
    _____________________________________________

  5. #75
    Be My Beavertine
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,345
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Cat Calling

    Quote Originally Posted by NoC_T View Post
    "You do it more than we do"?

    Seriously?
    Yes. Don't try to downplay when you have already made an attempt to level it.
    Putin has certainly grabbed Trump by the pussy. Payback is a bitch.

  6. #76
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    50,418

    Re: Cat Calling

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    They invade my space, but I definitely put them near the bottom of the totem pole as harassment goes. They're still super annoying though.
    Ahh, so how bad something is, how much we should count one's feeling of anxiety and discomfort, depends not on that level but how you preserve the effects being.

    K

    So would you say catcalling should be illegal while those other forms of harassment should remain legal?
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #77
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    01-13-17 @ 06:57 AM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    67,098

    Re: Cat Calling

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry
    The Amish are light-years ahead of the rest of the human race.



  8. #78
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:01 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    13,174
    Wastin' time, like it was free - Godsmack

  9. #79
    Magic!

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    25,713

    Re: Cat Calling

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Ahh, so how bad something is, how much we should count one's feeling of anxiety and discomfort, depends not on that level but how you preserve the effects being.

    K

    So would you say catcalling should be illegal while those other forms of harassment should remain legal?
    Wait, are you debating me about something?

  10. #80
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    50,418

    Re: Cat Calling

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Wait, are you debating me about something?
    Just gauging response and asking opinion. Is that odd for a debate board?
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •