View Poll Results: What is your opinion on cat calling? DP women, top 4 /DP men, bottom 4 answers

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love it! Makes me feel wanted and sexy!

    4 10.26%
  • I have been cat called and I have no opinion

    1 2.56%
  • I have never been cat called so I have no opinion

    0 0%
  • It makes me feel either/or fearful and embarrassed

    7 17.95%
  • Women are generally vain and they love the attention!

    0 0%
  • Women who don't like it are ugly jealous feminists bitches!

    1 2.56%
  • I don't do it, but don't mind if my friends do

    4 10.26%
  • As a male, it shames me

    22 56.41%
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 132

Thread: Cat Calling

  1. #121
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,382

    Re: Cat Calling

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    I think the poll numbers pretty much speak for themselves.
    One thing I find fascinating about DP polls is that aside from the odd lulz vote, people are consistently honest when voting.

  2. #122
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,382

    Re: Cat Calling

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    No joke. I won't name names, but I actually had one of the more hardline feminists on here tell me that I was guilty of "sexual harassment" once, just because - in the past - I admitted to approaching a woman I didn't personally know, but thought was superficially attractive, with quasi sexual intent.

    I even explained the context to her - I was out with my friends bar hopping, saw a gorgeous girl with her friends standing on the street doing the same thing we were, politely introduced myself, complimented her appearance, and asked for her number. I ultimately got rejected (hardly my smoothest moment, if we're being honest lol ), but I didn't make an ass out of myself over it. I simply thanked her for her time and politely excused myself.

    It didn't make any difference as far as the feminist was concerned. She still told me I was a sexist pig for simply approaching, and said I was guilty of "oppressing the wimminz."

    It honestly seems like you just can't win with them, sometimes.
    I'm dubious about her being a feminist. Feminism simply means wanting to be treated equally as men. Any woman who takes it beyond that is...something else.

  3. #123
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    17,445

    Re: Cat Calling

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    No joke. I won't name names, but I actually had one of the more hardline feminists on here tell me that I was guilty of "sexual harassment" once, just because - in the past - I admitted to approaching a woman I didn't personally know, but thought was superficially attractive, with quasi sexual intent.

    I even explained the context to her - I was out with my friends bar hopping, saw a gorgeous girl with her friends standing on the street doing the same thing we were, politely introduced myself, complimented her appearance, and asked for her number. I ultimately got rejected (hardly my smoothest moment, if we're being honest lol ), but I didn't make an ass out of myself over it. I simply thanked her for her time and politely excused myself.

    It didn't make any difference as far as the feminist was concerned. She still told me I was a sexist pig for simply approaching, and said I was guilty of "oppressing the wimminz."

    It honestly seems like you just can't win with them, sometimes.
    You asked? How dare you. You should carry a resume and your salary history around with you at the very least, and to be perfectly honest, you should simply ask for a mailing address so you can forward it in advance of an advance. That way, you can be ahead of yourself.

  4. #124
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 12:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Cat Calling

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    I'm dubious about her being a feminist. Feminism simply means wanting to be treated equally as men. Any woman who takes it beyond that is...something else.
    Yeeeaaaa... No comment. Lol

    Needless to say, however, you'd probably laugh your ass off for saying that if I told you who it was.

  5. #125
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,382

    Re: Cat Calling

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    Yeeeaaaa... No comment. Lol

    Needless to say, however, you'd probably laugh your ass off for saying that if I told you who it was.
    I'm not saying people can't go a little nutty with it, but technically...

    Feminism is a collection of movements and ideologies that share a common goal: to define, establish, and achieve equal political, economic, cultural, personal, and social rights for women.[1][2] This includes seeking to establish equal opportunities for women in education and employment. A feminist advocates or supports the rights and equality of women
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feminism

    So "feminists" striving for something that isn't even related to achieving equality (like, say,criticizing you for approaching and speaking to a woman you're attracted to) isn't feminism.

  6. #126
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 12:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Cat Calling

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    I'm not saying people can't go a little nutty with it, but technically...



    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feminism

    So "feminists" striving for something that isn't even related to achieving equality (like, say,criticizing you for approaching and speaking to a woman you're attracted to) isn't feminism.
    Fair enough. It's ultimately only the nutters and the ideologues that I really have a problem with anyway.

  7. #127
    Guru
    annata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    beneath the bodi tree
    Last Seen
    02-16-17 @ 11:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,163

    Re: Cat Calling

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    No it's not.

    I am a 6'1" 200+pound guy who loves weightlifting, football, V8 musclecars and lovely ladies (among other things)...and it definitely is NOT hardwired into me.
    well it was with me the 2x I did it in my life..it just sort of happened.. it was embarrassing hearing myself let out a whistle.
    I wasn't thinking of a whistle,it just happened, so that was "hardwired".
    Otherwise I agree with you, and I'm not anywhere near your physical attributes ( i'm 60 years old)..

    The real point I was making is a man's desire/need to pick up women ( in a sane way) is hardwired.
    I could have phrased that a lot better..lol

  8. #128
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    28,095

    Re: Cat Calling

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    And the ironies of all ironies, it appears that you have some sort of issue with women.
    Nope, I have issues with idiots. If some women are idiots, then yes, you could say I have problems with them. If people don't like that, they should stop being idiots.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  9. #129
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe




    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,079

    Re: Cat Calling

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    One thing I find fascinating about DP polls is that aside from the odd lulz vote, people are consistently honest when voting.
    Except spud. He's consistently a lulz vote!

    I'm also fascinated that although people don't mind letting their... er... "feelings" out in posts, those who are the most vocal about their disdain for the OP rarely even vote in the polls. Interesting.

  10. #130
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,382

    Re: Cat Calling

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    Except spud. He's consistently a lulz vote!

    I'm also fascinated that although people don't mind letting their... er... "feelings" out in posts, those who are the most vocal about their disdain for the OP rarely even vote in the polls. Interesting.
    They don't want to have their positions pinned down. It makes it more difficult for them to flip flop later.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •