View Poll Results: What is your opinion on cat calling? DP women, top 4 /DP men, bottom 4 answers

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love it! Makes me feel wanted and sexy!

    4 10.26%
  • I have been cat called and I have no opinion

    1 2.56%
  • I have never been cat called so I have no opinion

    0 0%
  • It makes me feel either/or fearful and embarrassed

    7 17.95%
  • Women are generally vain and they love the attention!

    0 0%
  • Women who don't like it are ugly jealous feminists bitches!

    1 2.56%
  • I don't do it, but don't mind if my friends do

    4 10.26%
  • As a male, it shames me

    22 56.41%
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 132

Thread: Cat Calling

  1. #91
    u mad, snowflake?
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    TITANPOINTE, NYC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    69,085

    Re: Cat Calling

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    I think it's stupid and immature, but because it's typically harmless, I don't care. There are much bigger problems to worry about than someone saying something insensitive to another person. Of course, the radical feminists act like it's the end of the world because they are typically over-emotional, over-sensitive and entirely self-centered.
    "have a nice day" is not insenitive....


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  2. #92
    Resident Martian ;)
    PirateMk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    8,578

    Re: Cat Calling

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    As a lesbian, it makes me feel very gross. It makes me fear their reaction to me not being happy about, and it just makes me feel uncomfortable overall.
    I don't understand why you would feel ANYTHING one way or another about people you don't know speaking about you one way or another. I have been called many things by many people and doesn't bother me in the least, the older I get the less I even notice. I just would like to know how and or why you would have such a reaction, especially considering in all likelihood you will never interact with the offending individual ever again. I find such reactions borderline incomprehensible. I don't like when people or animals fart, but its part of life, and like farts words and whistles and gestures pass. Also like communication, farts can be easily ignored (well most I have dog that you need a hazmat suit and a gas mask to be around if he eats something he shouldn't. What every we do we don't start fires around him, he could be very flammable.)
    Semper Fidelis, Semper Liber.
    I spit at lots of people through my computer screen. Not only does it "teach them a lesson" but it keeps the screen clean and shiny.
    Stolen fair and square from the Capt. Courtesey himself.

  3. #93
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    25,545

    Re: Cat Calling

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateMk1 View Post
    I don't understand why you would feel ANYTHING one way or another about people you don't know speaking about you one way or another. I have been called many things by many people and doesn't bother me in the least, the older I get the less I even notice. I just would like to know how and or why you would have such a reaction, especially considering in all likelihood you will never interact with the offending individual ever again. I find such reactions borderline incomprehensible. I don't like when people or animals fart, but its part of life, and like farts words and whistles and gestures pass. Also like communication, farts can be easily ignored (well most I have dog that you need a hazmat suit and a gas mask to be around if he eats something he shouldn't. What every we do we don't start fires around him, he could be very flammable.)
    It is different when there is a sexual component to it; there just is. It's gross, creepy, and highly unwanted. Also, there is a fear when walking down the street that if someone starts this behavior it could escalate into something much more dangerous. When I hear these things, you can't help but have the thought that this might end up turning violent. Rape is something you have to think of, especially when you're alone and especially at night. You personally might not have to think about it, but women do. So, try to think about it from our perspective.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  4. #94
    Be My Beavertine
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,345
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Cat Calling

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    "have a nice day" is not insenitive....
    All the while undressing them with their eyes?
    Putin has certainly grabbed Trump by the pussy. Payback is a bitch.

  5. #95
    u mad, snowflake?
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    TITANPOINTE, NYC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    69,085

    Re: Cat Calling

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    All the while undressing them with their eyes?


    look closely, you have a handful, they claim hundreds but the "Best" of the bunch include "have a nice day"? you would think they would have better examples...


    I tell you, the Good Reverend gets better "Cat calls" than that!


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  6. #96
    Sage
    DA60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,164

    Re: Cat Calling

    Cat calls are for losers and/or idiots. I have NEVER known a guy that uses them that is not one or the other or both.

    First, good looking women hear it ALL THE TIME. You gotta be pretty stupid to not know that and/or are so arrogant to honestly believe you were the first human being to figure out what is obvious to everyone.
    Cat calling a 'babe' is so obvious you might as well call out 'congrats on breathing oxygen gal'.

    Second, most guys do it when they are with other guys - no guts in that. Just high school-type nonsense for boys.

    Third, comments like that can make women nervous...especially if few people are around. I mean think guys - if a gay guy who is far bigger then you kept cat calling you with no one else around, don't tell me you would not be a tad nervous for your safety.

    Boys cat call. Men render compliments when the moment is right.
    Last edited by DA60; 04-29-15 at 02:40 PM.
    'What kind of sick and twisted toy factory is this?'
    'We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile, and nothing can grow there. Too much, the best of us is washed away.'
    "Better to be dead and cool, than alive and uncool."

  7. #97
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    26,518

    Re: Cat Calling

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    "have a nice day" is not insenitive....
    No it's not, but that's not what a lot of people would consider catcalling either. Well, except for some of the most extremely over-sensitive at least.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! The Bitchspot Blog YouTube me! The Bitchspot Channel

  8. #98
    u mad, snowflake?
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    TITANPOINTE, NYC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    69,085

    Re: Cat Calling

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    No it's not, but that's not what a lot of people would consider catcalling either. Well, except for some of the most extremely over-sensitive at least.


    plus this is supposed to be NYC...


    NYC


    someone says some **** to you you don't like you tell em to shove it.



    but alas, Old New York is no more, just transplants, hipsters and tourists.....


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

  9. #99
    Resident Martian ;)
    PirateMk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    8,578

    Re: Cat Calling

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    It is different when there is a sexual component to it; there just is. It's gross, creepy, and highly unwanted. Also, there is a fear when walking down the street that if someone starts this behavior it could escalate into something much more dangerous. When I hear these things, you can't help but have the thought that this might end up turning violent. Rape is something you have to think of, especially when you're alone and especially at night. You personally might not have to think about it, but women do. So, try to think about it from our perspective.
    I am 5'5" and weight about 180, physically I am no match for most any potential opponent or opponents, that said I don't walk around with a mentality that cares about aggressive speech, its only important to me when combined with aggressive action. I have noticed that the predators in life notice (most of the time anyhow) how you carry yourself. If you walk about fervitively like your are scared, they become more aggressive, but if carry yourself as though they were nothing more than vermin who's hide's you would wear as boots they tend to avoid you. I have noticed that sort of attitude works especially well for women. I don't know much about being a "sexual object" so I cant comprehend really what that is. But I do know especially in less civilized neighborhoods that aggressiveness and potential violence are a much greater likelihood and therefor if one should go to those type areas, they should be more aggressive and less passive seeming. That's my take anywho.
    Semper Fidelis, Semper Liber.
    I spit at lots of people through my computer screen. Not only does it "teach them a lesson" but it keeps the screen clean and shiny.
    Stolen fair and square from the Capt. Courtesey himself.

  10. #100
    u mad, snowflake?
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    TITANPOINTE, NYC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    69,085

    Re: Cat Calling

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateMk1 View Post
    I am 5'5" and weight about 180, physically I am no match for most any potential opponent or opponents, that said I don't walk around with a mentality that cares about aggressive speech, its only important to me when combined with aggressive action. I have noticed that the predators in life notice (most of the time anyhow) how you carry yourself. If you walk about fervitively like your are scared, they become more aggressive, but if carry yourself as though they were nothing more than vermin who's hide's you would wear as boots they tend to avoid you. I have noticed that sort of attitude works especially well for women. I don't know much about being a "sexual object" so I cant comprehend really what that is. But I do know especially in less civilized neighborhoods that aggressiveness and potential violence are a much greater likelihood and therefor if one should go to those type areas, they should be more aggressive and less passive seeming. That's my take anywho.

    Let me tell you about being a sexual object.... It's a gift, and a curse.


    Matthew 10:34
    Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •