View Poll Results: Should Confederate Memorial Day(s) exist?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    6 18.75%
  • No

    24 75.00%
  • other (with explanatory reply)

    2 6.25%
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 233

Thread: Should Confederate Memorial Day(s) exist?

  1. #121
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,148

    Re: Should Confederate Memorial Day(s) exist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    Dream on...you continue to support an erroneous belief system about the non-existent role of Natural Rights in a society clearly built on civil law.

    Unwritten Law
    Unwritten rules, principles, and norms that have the effect and force of law though they have not been formally enacted by the government.

    Most laws in America are written. The U.S. Code, the Code of Federal Regulations, and the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure are three examples of written laws that are frequently cited in federal court. Each state has a similar body of written laws. By contrast, unwritten law consists of those customs, traditions, practices, usages, and other maxims of human conduct<------self evident truths......... that the government has recognized <---------natural rights....................and enforced<-----by positive law

    Unwritten law is most commonly found in primitive societies where illiteracy is prevalent. Because many residents in such societies cannot read or write, there is little point in publishing written laws to govern their conduct. Instead, societal disputes in primitive societies are resolved informally, through appeal to unwritten maxims of fairness or popularly accepted modes of behavior. Litigants present their claims orally in most primitive societies, and judges announce their decisions in the same fashion. The governing body in primitive societies typically enforces the useful traditions that are widely practiced in the community, while those practices that are novel or harmful fall into disuse or are discouraged.

    Much of International Law is a form of primitive unwritten law. For centuries the Rules of War governing hostilities between belligerents consisted of a body of unwritten law. While some of these rules have been codified by international bodies such as the United Nations, many have not. For example, retaliatory reprisals against acts of Terrorism by a foreign government are still governed by unwritten customs in the international community. Each nation also retains discretion in formulating a response to the aggressive acts of a neighboring state.

    In the United States, unwritten law takes on a variety of forms. In Constitutional Law the Supreme Court has ruled that the due process clause of the Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments to the U.S. Constitution protects the right to privacy even though the word privacy is not mentioned in the written text of the Constitution. In Commercial Law the Uniform Commercial Code permits merchants to resolve legal disputes by introducing evidence of unwritten customs, practices, and usages that others in the same trade generally follow. The entire body of Common Law, comprising cases decided by judges on matters relating to torts and contracts, among other things, is said to reflect unwritten standards that have evolved over time. In each case, however, once a court, legislature, or other government body formally adopts a standard, principle, or Maxim in writing, it ceases to be an unwritten law.

    unwritten law legal definition of unwritten law

  2. #122
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,960

    Re: Should Confederate Memorial Day(s) exist?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    Unwritten Law
    Unwritten rules, principles, and norms that have the effect and force of law though they have not been formally enacted by the government.

    Most laws in America are written. The U.S. Code, the Code of Federal Regulations, and the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure are three examples of written laws that are frequently cited in federal court. Each state has a similar body of written laws. By contrast, unwritten law consists of those customs, traditions, practices, usages, and other maxims of human conduct<------self evident truths......... that the government has recognized <---------natural rights....................and enforced<-----by positive law

    Unwritten law is most commonly found in primitive societies where illiteracy is prevalent. Because many residents in such societies cannot read or write, there is little point in publishing written laws to govern their conduct. Instead, societal disputes in primitive societies are resolved informally, through appeal to unwritten maxims of fairness or popularly accepted modes of behavior. Litigants present their claims orally in most primitive societies, and judges announce their decisions in the same fashion. The governing body in primitive societies typically enforces the useful traditions that are widely practiced in the community, while those practices that are novel or harmful fall into disuse or are discouraged.

    Much of International Law is a form of primitive unwritten law. For centuries the Rules of War governing hostilities between belligerents consisted of a body of unwritten law. While some of these rules have been codified by international bodies such as the United Nations, many have not. For example, retaliatory reprisals against acts of Terrorism by a foreign government are still governed by unwritten customs in the international community. Each nation also retains discretion in formulating a response to the aggressive acts of a neighboring state.

    In the United States, unwritten law takes on a variety of forms. In Constitutional Law the Supreme Court has ruled that the due process clause of the Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments to the U.S. Constitution protects the right to privacy even though the word privacy is not mentioned in the written text of the Constitution. In Commercial Law the Uniform Commercial Code permits merchants to resolve legal disputes by introducing evidence of unwritten customs, practices, and usages that others in the same trade generally follow. The entire body of Common Law, comprising cases decided by judges on matters relating to torts and contracts, among other things, is said to reflect unwritten standards that have evolved over time. In each case, however, once a court, legislature, or other government body formally adopts a standard, principle, or Maxim in writing, it ceases to be an unwritten law.

    unwritten law legal definition of unwritten law
    No need to repeat this fantasy.

  3. #123
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,148

    Re: Should Confederate Memorial Day(s) exist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    No need to repeat this fantasy.
    iam sorry you have resorted to deflection, when you cannot answer.

  4. #124
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    48,743

    Re: Should Confederate Memorial Day(s) exist?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    that is true..yes, but not all of the states left because of slavery, and this is made know by some of the states in their declaration of separation from the u.s.....as they stated that the u.s federal government would not upholding the constitution.

    slaves at the time were considered property and not people, and life liberty and property did not apply to them.
    Which state didn't leave because of slavery?
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Well, certainly the customer is not an N-word.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You know her?

  5. #125
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,839

    Re: Should Confederate Memorial Day(s) exist?

    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    Really? When? You see, I remember things like state secession, new CS flag, new currency, swearing of new military oaths, etc. Aka people who didn't want to be "Americans {as the word had meant prior} any more.
    If I'm remembering incorrectly, why was there such resistance to the IronClad Oath ("Damnesty") ?
    People that don't want to be Americans is different than Americans. Apparently Lincoln saw the difference better than you. Even issued a proclamation stating which Americans would be allowed to keep slaves or not.

    Then he ordered his troops to kill those Americans.

  6. #126
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,148

    Re: Should Confederate Memorial Day(s) exist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Which state didn't leave because of slavery?
    in some of the states, they declaration they are leaving because the u.s.government is not upholding the constitution.

    they state some northern states have ceased southern property, harassed and endangered southern Citizens while the federal government which is delegated the power to put an end to problems like these is doing nothing...and that the federal government is massing troops to be used against over southern states.

    Texas.

  7. #127
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,839

    Re: Should Confederate Memorial Day(s) exist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Which state didn't leave because of slavery?
    All of them.

  8. #128
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    48,743

    Re: Should Confederate Memorial Day(s) exist?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    in some of the states, they declaration they are leaving because the u.s.government is not upholding the constitution.

    they state some northern states have ceased southern property, harassed and endangered southern Citizens while the federal government which is delegated the power to put an end to problems like these is doing nothing...and that the federal government is massing troops to be used against over southern states.

    Texas.
    From the Texas Ordnance of Secession
    “In all the non-slave-holding States, in violation of that good faith and comity which should exist between entirely distinct nations, the people have formed themselves into a great sectional party, now strong enough in numbers to control the affairs of each of those States, based upon an unnatural feeling of hostility to these Southern States and their beneficent and patriarchal system of African slavery, proclaiming the debasing doctrine of equality of all men, irrespective of race or color– a doctrine at war with nature, in opposition to the experience of mankind, and in violation of the plainest revelations of Divine Law. They demand the abolition of negro slavery throughout the confederacy, the recognition of political equality between the white and negro races, and avow their determination to press on their crusade against us, so long as a negro slave remains in these States. . .]
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Well, certainly the customer is not an N-word.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You know her?

  9. #129
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,839

    Re: Should Confederate Memorial Day(s) exist?

    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    So if Texas secedes and calls itself the Texasistan neoCaliphate of America, you'd stall call its citizens Americans?
    Until they made their case, I'd guess yes.

  10. #130
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,148

    Re: Should Confederate Memorial Day(s) exist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    From the Texas Ordnance of Secession

    this is example of why people need to learn to read property

    “In all the non-slave-holding States, in violation of that good faith and comity which should exist between entirely distinct nations, the people have formed themselves into a great sectional party, now strong enough in numbers to control the affairs of each of those States, based upon an unnatural feeling of hostility to these Southern States and their beneficent and patriarchal system of African slavery, proclaiming the debasing doctrine of equality of all men, irrespective of race or color– a doctrine at war with nature, in opposition to the experience of mankind, and in violation of the plainest revelations of Divine Law. They demand the abolition of negro slavery throughout the confederacy, the recognition of political equality between the white and negro races, and avow their determination to press on their crusade against us, so long as a negro slave remains in these States. . .]



    texas is saying the northern states, are in power in government and in control and using hostility toward the southern states for the use of system of slavery.

    YOU....... ONLY POSTED ONE PORTION, AND YOU DIDNT POST WHERE THEY STATE THEIR GRIEVANCE AGANIST THE U.S.FEDERAL GOVERNMENT...WHY!...IS IT YOU PEOPLE ONLY POST THINGS TO TRY TO MAKE YOUR ARGUMENT... YET..... YOU LEAVE OUT THINGS, WHICH DO NOT SUIT YOUR CAUSE?

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •