View Poll Results: Do you believe that the school system is ran mostly by liberals?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

    29 52.73%
  • No.

    16 29.09%
  • Other.

    10 18.18%
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 123

Thread: Do you believe....[W:123]

  1. #61
    Sage
    JumpinJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-12-17 @ 09:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,630

    Re: Do you believe....

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Do you believe that the school system is ran mostly by liberals?
    Most educated people in the world are tolerant of different views, which makes them liberal, IMO. They also focus more on facts and logic, and like to discuss matters and different views. There is a reason that one of the first groups that Hitler went after were the professors and educators. They would catch on and write about "things" and discuss things and not be so easily swayed by dictum.

    Now who is on the school board ("the system") is a different question.
    ________________________________

  2. #62
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,000

    Re: Do you believe....

    Quote Originally Posted by JumpinJack View Post
    Most educated people in the world are tolerant of different views, which makes them liberal, IMO. They also focus more on facts and logic, and like to discuss matters and different views. There is a reason that one of the first groups that Hitler went after were the professors and educators.
    You must not be very familiar with the history of intellectuals then. One of the favorite past times of intellectuals is to banish non-believers from their social circles. Furthermore, intellectuals like Trotsky were more than true believers and were saved by assassination to show us that he wasn't so damn different from Stalin in the purity game.
    "We all of us know down here that politics is a tough game. And I don't think there's any point in being Irish if you don't know that the world is going to break your heart eventually."-Daniel Patrick Moynihan, December 5, 1963

  3. #63
    User wanderlust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    In the sunshine
    Last Seen
    05-21-17 @ 12:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    78

    Re: Do you believe....

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    It varies but, what most would consider Leftist propaganda like abortion rights, SSM, tolerance for sinful acts while denying faith based ones. Pushing the global warming scare and evolution as absolutes.
    The worse of all is using any of this as a wedge between the students and their parent and family. That's where it gets really sick.
    I of course can't speak for all public schools but many, if not all, of those topics are rarely brought up in any typical classroom. It was a pretty rare thing for our teachers to talk about things like gay marriage or abortion or global warming, and when it was the teacher certainly didn't endorse or push a view onto us. When I was in an earth science class the topic of global warming came up but it certainly wasn't pushed in a political or heavy handed way by our teacher. Also evolution was a topic in science class but there wasn't really a huge amount of time spent on it from what I remember and bringing up creation would have felt out of place in my opinion. It would have been an awkward topic to try and squeeze in and it just doesn't fit in a science class. In my government classes some of these topics came up obviously but it was usually in the context of current events and not the teacher or school promoting a specific point of view for us to concede to. Faith was never brought up in any of my classes but that's most likely because it just doesn't fit in most subjects. Like I said though I can't speak for all schools and i'm sure there are teachers out there that try to influence their students towards their particular point of view which would be wrong to do, but I do think that a lot of the fear about liberal indoctrination is kind of hard to really back up and plus I think it underestimates the students a little bit too. I think that the majority of teachers and staff have the students best interest at heart and I think most students have a better understanding of what's going on than people give them credit for. Also most students are influenced much more by their close friends than their teachers and even a lot of the times their own family. I had a lot of respect for at least two of my teachers in high school whom were amazing people and very inspirational but I still trusted my closest friends more when it came to things that may have an affect on me. But that was my experience and so I can really only speak credibly based on my own observations over the last four years that I was in high school.

  4. #64
    Educator
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Arizona
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    736

    Re: Do you believe....

    I think education is mostly ran by liberals, but I don't think that means there is any bias in education. As others have mentioned, I feel high school and lower tried to avoid politics as much as possible. College has been much more mixed in bias, within my program though it mostly dies off. the gen-ed classes were...yeah.

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    06-27-15 @ 04:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    2,191

    Re: Do you believe....

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Do you believe that the school system is ran mostly by liberals?


    -Universities Yes


    -Everything else, Emphatic No.



    Everything beneath university is run by suburban mother football mom conservative idiots that couldn't tell you where France is on a map. That's why American universities are so Leftist. It's a backlash to the uber conservative backwardness madness of American grade school public schools. All public education below university in America is run by Good 'ol Boy conservatives of Americana suburbia who all firmly believe that they're long lost cowboys and cowgirls (even though they're a good 40+ miles from any rural area).


    Has anyone talked to an American public grade school teacher about topics such as history, government and or anything in relation to intelligence? These people are the most podunk conservative ape-esq little lunatics you'll ever encounter. No wonder our nation is so educationally backwards. Our country has no real grade school teachers anymore. The average 7th grade Science teacher lectures their students on the validity of Jesus..
    Last edited by Ryan5; 04-28-15 at 12:56 AM.

  6. #66
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    20,347

    Re: Do you believe....

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
    What, with my whole reverence for my parent thing? Yup, that's me, punk as ****.

    Ok then. Maybe I just don't swallow things that have been known to be factually wrong for centuries just become dogmatists want to live in an alternate reality.
    As long as you eventually see the light, nothing wrong with straying.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  7. #67
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    20,347

    Re: Do you believe....

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    Not in the real world does this happen in my experience.
    None of it?
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  8. #68
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    20,347

    Re: Do you believe....

    Quote Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
    I of course can't speak for all public schools but many, if not all, of those topics are rarely brought up in any typical classroom. It was a pretty rare thing for our teachers to talk about things like gay marriage or abortion or global warming, and when it was the teacher certainly didn't endorse or push a view onto us.
    When I was in an earth science class the topic of global warming came up but it certainly wasn't pushed in a political or heavy handed way by our teacher. Also evolution was a topic in science class but there wasn't really a huge amount of time spent on it from what I remember and bringing up creation would have felt out of place in my opinion. It would have been an awkward topic to try and squeeze in and it just doesn't fit in a science class.
    In my government classes some of these topics came up obviously but it was usually in the context of current events and not the teacher or school promoting a specific point of view for us to concede to.
    Faith was never brought up in any of my classes but that's most likely because it just doesn't fit in most subjects.
    Like I said though I can't speak for all schools and i'm sure there are teachers out there that try to influence their students towards their particular point of view which would be wrong to do, but I do think that a lot of the fear about liberal indoctrination is kind of hard to really back up and plus I think it underestimates the students a little bit too. I think that the majority of teachers and staff have the students best interest at heart and I think most students have a better understanding of what's going on than people give them credit for.
    Also most students are influenced much more by their close friends than their teachers and even a lot of the times their own family. I had a lot of respect for at least two of my teachers in high school whom were amazing people and very inspirational but I still trusted my closest friends more when it came to things that may have an affect on me. But that was my experience and so I can really only speak credibly based on my own observations over the last four years that I was in high school.
    Sounds to me like you went to schools that actually taught rather than politicize.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  9. #69
    Educator
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,198

    Re: Do you believe....

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Sounds to me like you went to schools that actually taught rather than politicize.
    They do still exist, in spite of various government bureaucracies trying to eradicate such dens of evil.

  10. #70
    User wanderlust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    In the sunshine
    Last Seen
    05-21-17 @ 12:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    78

    Re: Do you believe....

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Sounds to me like you went to schools that actually taught rather than politicize.
    That's most likely the norm across the country and not the exception I believe. You will always have a teacher or administrator that makes a bad decision or a selfish decision and hopefully they themselves learn from those mistakes if they get in trouble, but I believe that most teachers and school districts are not out to manipulate their student's political leanings. Right now in my first year of college so far i've seen a lot more political messages and influences than I ever saw in k-12, not from the professors though but from fellow students.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •