View Poll Results: What kind of conservative you are and why

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Social conservative

    2 9.09%
  • libertarian conservative

    1 4.55%
  • Paleoconservative

    5 22.73%
  • Neo con

    0 0%
  • None of them

    10 45.45%
  • Other

    4 18.18%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 38

Thread: What kind of conservative you are and why

  1. #21
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    05-22-17 @ 02:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    16,975
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: What kind of conservative you are and why

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    what an oxymoronic statement
    I dont understand this independent lean. how can they be independnt if they are not politicians .I really need to learn more about it.
    A contradiction is not necessarily an oxymoron. Because I don't fall in line with a singular ideology doesn't make me any less intelligent, maybe the opposite. Because life is a contradictory process of plus and negatives that works in concert together to create the wonder that we know as existence. I could not have progressed to my advanced state of maturity without making errors, so my mistakes became a positive occurrence.
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 01:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: What kind of conservative you are and why

    Socially and economically conservative.

    I believe in an open society where every person is free to achieve to their highest abilities, and I believe in a moral society that honors God and His will.

    I believe that hard work, good ethics, and a good idea should be rewarded.

    I see liberals as either A.) lazy, jealous people by nature who envy those more successful than themselves, don't understand what it took to become successful, and would rather have handouts than earn their own money or B.) morally lax individuals who want to see society disregard traditional values so that they can shed the guilt of their debauchery.

    Hard, honest work is the hallmark of the conservative ethos. Any deviation from that, and you find yourself in liberal waters.

  3. #23
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    37,085

    Re: What kind of conservative you are and why

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Socially and economically conservative.

    I believe in an open society where every person is free to achieve to their highest abilities, and I believe in a moral society that honors God and His will.

    I believe that hard work, good ethics, and a good idea should be rewarded.

    I see liberals as either A.) lazy, jealous people by nature who envy those more successful than themselves, don't understand what it took to become successful, and would rather have handouts than earn their own money or B.) morally lax individuals who want to see society disregard traditional values so that they can shed the guilt of their debauchery.

    Hard, honest work is the hallmark of the conservative ethos. Any deviation from that, and you find yourself in liberal waters.

    all liberals are poor people ? just a question
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  4. #24
    Sage
    ksu_aviator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Fort Worth Texas
    Last Seen
    05-16-17 @ 07:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,464
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: What kind of conservative you are and why

    Since the difference between a social conservative, neoconservative, paleo conservative and libertarian conservative are so minute, distinguishing is not really beneficial. It isn't even logical. At this point, we are literally defining whole ideologies by differences on one issue here and one issue there.
    You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love.For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 12:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: What kind of conservative you are and why

    None of the above.

    I am a pragmatic "Business Conservative," with strong Social Conservative leanings.

  6. #26
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    37,085

    Re: What kind of conservative you are and why

    Quote Originally Posted by ksu_aviator View Post
    Since the difference between a social conservative, neoconservative, paleo conservative and libertarian conservative are so minute, distinguishing is not really beneficial. It isn't even logical. At this point, we are literally defining whole ideologies by differences on one issue here and one issue there.

    thx for enlightening me.I had zero knowledge about it before starting the poll.
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  7. #27
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    37,085

    Re: What kind of conservative you are and why

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    None of the above.

    I am a pragmatic "Business Conservative," with strong Social Conservative leanings.
    ok are you a boss in the Wallstreet ,gath ? ok you are a wall street con
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  8. #28
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    32,226

    Re: What kind of conservative you are and why

    A Lincoln, TR, IKE real conservative before Reagan bastardized the word .
    Chemists Have Solutions .

  9. #29
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    32,226

    Re: What kind of conservative you are and why

    Being financially responsible doesn't belong to conservatives of today's day and age as if they think they're better Americans. Neither does family values Dan Quayle. And Patriotism sure as hell doesn't belong to the current party of fear/war mongering .
    Chemists Have Solutions .

  10. #30
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    32,226

    Re: What kind of conservative you are and why

    Today's current GOP conservatives and the stupid on this issue Prezident stand for give-away trade pacts that will hurt this Nation's middle class just like NAFTA--Perot is still correct about the giant sucking sound that only benefits WALL Street bankers and Corporations .
    Chemists Have Solutions .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •