View Poll Results: Is this policeman being Brutal to this citizen

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    7 35.00%
  • No

    9 45.00%
  • He is a real jerk

    4 20.00%
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 103

Thread: Do you feel this policeman handled this woman withen police guidelines?

  1. #91
    Advisor plutonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    07-05-17 @ 04:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    545

    Re: Do you feel this policeman handled this woman withen police guidelines?

    if I tried to control my wife if she was drunk in the streets/public to gain control of her to take her home and did that..the police and judge would throw me under the jail....but the police to do it is quite ok to some people here...this cop was a real macho sissy...sorry
    I find the lack of logic in humans most disturbing...

  2. #92
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Do you feel this policeman handled this woman withen police guidelines?

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Can we at least agree the cop misjudged the effort required to subdue her without adding his name to list of cops who deserve to be punished for their actions?
    Yeah, she went limp on him at just the right, or wrong for her, moment.

  3. #93
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Do you feel this policeman handled this woman withen police guidelines?

    Quote Originally Posted by plutonium View Post
    if I tried to control my wife if she was drunk in the streets/public to gain control of her to take her home and did that..the police and judge would throw me under the jail....but the police to do it is quite ok to some people here...this cop was a real macho sissy...sorry
    That's because you "trying to control" your wife is called assault.

  4. #94
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,296

    Re: Do you feel this policeman handled this woman withen police guidelines?

    Quote Originally Posted by plutonium View Post
    99 percent of police departments always say there officers are in police protocol....
    Source?

  5. #95
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:40 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    23,438

    Re: Do you feel this policeman handled this woman withen police guidelines?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Why don't you list your opinion of the physical punishments police should dole out for various criminal offenses.
    NONE. Strawman. Punishment is for the court. Officers must gain compliance. And despite what some think...that is a must. You can't trust the person getting cuffs put on them. Asking that is asking the officer to take a risk that could get him killed.

    Police groupies often take the position of merely saying "resisted" justifies any level of violence, whether the person is resisting or not, and regardless of the level of resistance.
    Anti police groupies/anarchists will ignore the use of force continuum at all costs. Especially when an accident occurs. Hell...the officer could be completely justified and they won't even let the body cool before they have announced the guilt of the officer. Even with no evidence.

    In this case...the woman began resisting. After already demonstrating flagrant disregard for public safety (drink driving), neglected her child (drunk in public, driving drunk with kid in car), and public nuisance. The woman wasn't some "innocent little lamb." She was a scumbag. And she resisted. The officer put her down, probably predicting she was becoming more irate (I haven't heard the audio...have you?) and probably was going to cause a problem.

    Not everyone is as instantly and totally submissive and passive towards government demands as your messages indicate is your view. Some people actually believe they have rights and don't instantly gravel at the feet of government.
    Those right entitles you to resist arrest after endangering your child and the public by driving drunk? Then causing a public nuisance and proceeding? Are those the rights you are talking about?
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  6. #96
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    06-20-17 @ 01:16 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Do you feel this policeman handled this woman withen police guidelines?

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    NONE. Strawman. Punishment is for the court. Officers must gain compliance. And despite what some think...that is a must. You can't trust the person getting cuffs put on them. Asking that is asking the officer to take a risk that could get him killed.



    Anti police groupies/anarchists will ignore the use of force continuum at all costs. Especially when an accident occurs. Hell...the officer could be completely justified and they won't even let the body cool before they have announced the guilt of the officer. Even with no evidence.

    In this case...the woman began resisting. After already demonstrating flagrant disregard for public safety (drink driving), neglected her child (drunk in public, driving drunk with kid in car), and public nuisance. The woman wasn't some "innocent little lamb." She was a scumbag. And she resisted. The officer put her down, probably predicting she was becoming more irate (I haven't heard the audio...have you?) and probably was going to cause a problem.



    Those right entitles you to resist arrest after endangering your child and the public by driving drunk? Then causing a public nuisance and proceeding? Are those the rights you are talking about?
    The right not to be thrown into concrete because a police officer is pissed of at you.

  7. #97
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:40 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    23,438

    Do you feel this policeman handled this woman withen police guidelines?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    The right not to be thrown into concrete because a police officer is pissed of at you.
    She resisted. Active resistance after endangering lives. I see no problem here other than the officer should have tried to put her down closer to her base. Going farther away from the base and you risks control being lost.

    Nobody has a right to their stupidity risking the lives of others and other people's children. She thought she did and she resisted. Piss on her. I won't shed a tear. Hell...it isn't like he could actually damage anything in a skull where nothing is present anyway.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  8. #98
    Advisor plutonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    07-05-17 @ 04:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    545

    Re: Do you feel this policeman handled this woman withen police guidelines?

    right the police never assault people assault is written in the police guidelines as acceptable lol
    I find the lack of logic in humans most disturbing...

  9. #99
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:42 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    31,736

    Re: Do you feel this policeman handled this woman withen police guidelines?

    Quote Originally Posted by plutonium View Post
    right the police never assault people assault is written in the police guidelines as acceptable lol
    Apparently, if the police investigate police misconduct, and concluded the police weren't at fault, then everything is kosher.

    Sounds reasonable to me.
    Old saying: Any child can grow up to be President.
    New saying: Any child can be President.

  10. #100
    Advisor plutonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    07-05-17 @ 04:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    545

    Re: Do you feel this policeman handled this woman withen police guidelines?

    the policeman is not judge dread ..why do we need a judge and jury...some of you give to much power to a human being on others people lives and health.....also he threw her down like a football player sacking a quarterback not a real man handling a drunk woman..are citizens worth anything?
    I find the lack of logic in humans most disturbing...

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •