View Poll Results: Should be on welfare be allowed to vote?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    99 82.50%
  • No

    15 12.50%
  • Other

    7 5.83%
  • Welcome To Costco I Love You

    11 9.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 72 of 76 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast
Results 711 to 720 of 756

Thread: Should people on welfare be allowed to vote?[W:504]

  1. #711
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 10:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Should people on welfare be allowed to vote?[W:504]

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    Since welfare payments are already inherently unconstitutional, under any paradigm in which we are assuming they continue to exist, we can place any stipulations we want on accepting such payments.

    Preventing voting is a reasonable stipulation on being on the public dole, since it can be assumed that those on the public dole will probably vote for giving themselves a raise.
    A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the people discover they can vote themselves largess out of the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the canidate promising the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that democracy always collapses over a loose fiscal policy--to be followed by a dictatorship.”
    ― Alexander Fraser Tytler

  2. #712
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 09:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Should people on welfare be allowed to vote?[W:504]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    so in other words you cannot show me saying "the constitution prohibits government from spending money".

    so you give up your quest on finding me wrong and move on to something else.
    as I said, it was a complete waste of time to explain to you how it is that I (or any sentient being) understood that when you respond to complaints about Congressional spending (on welfare) with:

    the constitution does not permit giving money to people.

    ...that you are in fact arguing that Congress is PROHIBITED from spending (on welfare).

    But then, after all, you are not required to keep the context of the debate or what anyone has posted, in mind. When you are challenged, DIRECTLY, on your claims, you can't keep them straight, understand the counter or acknowledge the very obvious progression of argument.


    All you do is "get confused"....and the debate gets diverted. It is a wonderful ploy...and question become:

    How's that going?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #713
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 10:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Should people on welfare be allowed to vote?[W:504]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    as I said, it was a complete waste of time to explain to you how it is that I (or any sentient being) understood that when you respond to complaints about Congressional spending (on welfare) with:

    the constitution does not permit giving money to people.

    ...that you are in fact arguing that Congress is PROHIBITED from spending (on welfare).

    But then, after all, you are not required to keep the context of the debate or what anyone has posted, in mind. When you are challenged, DIRECTLY, on your claims, you can't keep them straight, understand the counter or acknowledge the very obvious progression of argument.


    All you do is "get confused"....and the debate gets diverted. It is a wonderful ploy...and question become:

    How's that going?
    as has been posted before your complete lack of constitutional knowledge is terrible, and you do not make yourself look good, trying to use it.

  4. #714
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 09:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Should people on welfare be allowed to vote?[W:504]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the people discover they can vote themselves largess out of the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the canidate promising the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that democracy always collapses over a loose fiscal policy--to be followed by a dictatorship.”
    ― Alexander Fraser Tytler
    "There is no reliable record of Alexander Tytler's having written any part of the text.[10] In fact, it actually comprises two parts which didn't begin to appear together until the 1970s."

    But hey, who cares, it is all rhetoric, it sounds authentic, and gosh darn it, simple minded folks need stuff like this to make it sound like they understand foundations of US ideology.....even when it supposedly (not) comes from a 18th century Scot.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #715
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 10:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Should people on welfare be allowed to vote?[W:504]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    "There is no reliable record of Alexander Tytler's having written any part of the text.[10] In fact, it actually comprises two parts which didn't begin to appear together until the 1970s."

    But hey, who cares, it is all rhetoric, it sounds authentic, and gosh darn it, simple minded folks need stuff like this to make sound like they understand foundations of US ideology.....even when it supposedly (not) comes from a 18th century Scot.
    it is however true...

    “To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.”

  6. #716
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 09:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Should people on welfare be allowed to vote?[W:504]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    as has been posted before your complete lack of constitutional knowledge is terrible, and you do not make yourself look good, trying to use it.
    This point wasn't a matter of the USC, it was in fact a matter of memory, logic and context.....of which, you failed on all points.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #717
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 09:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Should people on welfare be allowed to vote?[W:504]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    it is however true...

    “To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.”
    It was a myth created by someone in the 1970's that hasn't come "true" at all. If a man doesn't like the taxes, he can move.

    Somalia is wonderful this time of year.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  8. #718
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 10:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Should people on welfare be allowed to vote?[W:504]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    It was a myth created by someone in the 1970's that hasn't come "true" at all. If a man doesn't like the taxes, he can move.

    Somalia is wonderful this time of year.
    it has come true. by voting for politicians.....woman thinks obama is going to pay her bills.



    how can you move on if federal direct tax is everywhere?
    Last edited by Master PO; 04-28-15 at 06:58 PM.

  9. #719
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 10:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Should people on welfare be allowed to vote?[W:504]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Somalia is wonderful this time of year.
    you just might know the laws better there.

  10. #720
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 10:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Should people on welfare be allowed to vote?[W:504]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    This point wasn't a matter of the USC, it was in fact a matter of memory, logic and context.....of which, you failed on all points.
    logic?...are you kidding your arguments are based out of emotions.

Page 72 of 76 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •