View Poll Results: Should be on welfare be allowed to vote?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    99 82.50%
  • No

    15 12.50%
  • Other

    7 5.83%
  • Welcome To Costco I Love You

    11 9.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 62 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
Results 611 to 620 of 756

Thread: Should people on welfare be allowed to vote?[W:504]

  1. #611
    Sage
    AlbqOwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,042
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should people on welfare be allowed to vote?[W:504]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Wait, this is YOUR CLAIM TO SUPPORT, you have not done this once at all....period. Further, you are demanding someone to prove a negative.
    I'm not the one who said it. You did. I was just responding to what you posted.
    "I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin 1776

  2. #612
    Sage
    AlbqOwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,042
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should people on welfare be allowed to vote?[W:504]

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    You are making the contention that they are doing this, and that is why they should not be allowed to vote (or at least that you see that as a valid reason why some may want to deny them that right). Therefore, you must support it with some evidence. You don't know that this is what happening sand people should not be disenfranchised because you think those people might vote for basically politicians you think are promising them something. You claim this harms others.
    First I have not said anybody should not be allowed to vote.

    And I have to present no evidence in order to present and ask questions about a specific concept. You know, that concept than only one or two has yet addressed?
    "I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin 1776

  3. #613
    Sage
    AlbqOwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,042
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should people on welfare be allowed to vote?[W:504]

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    So, business groups that ask for subsidies should not vote either?
    I haven't said anybody should not vote.

    But the question within the basic concept remains: Should Citizen A have ability or power to require Citizen B to furnish Citizen A with whatever it is that Citizen A wants and furnish it at Citizen B's expense, most especially if there is no benefit to Citizen B?

    You can apply that concept to just about any scenario you wish to apply it to.
    "I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin 1776

  4. #614
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 09:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Should people on welfare be allowed to vote?[W:504]

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbqOwl View Post
    I'm not the one who said it. You did. I was just responding to what you posted.
    You responded to Rogue, not me, with the negative variant OF THE QUESTION I ASKED YOU.

    Not only won't you answer me, you have the audacity to flip the question and demand it be answered by someone else. I have never seen such a display of sheer effrontery in avoiding a question and in nearly the same breath, turning around and posing the negative to another. Absolute non-conscience posting, it is astounding.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #615
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,913

    Re: Should people on welfare be allowed to vote?[W:504]

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbqOwl View Post
    I haven't said anybody should not vote.

    But the question within the basic concept remains: Should Citizen A have ability or power to require Citizen B to furnish Citizen A with whatever it is that Citizen A wants and furnish it at Citizen B's expense, most especially if there is no benefit to Citizen B?

    You can apply that concept to just about any scenario you wish to apply it to.
    That is our entire system. Only one group is winning the game.

  6. #616
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 09:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Should people on welfare be allowed to vote?[W:504]

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbqOwl View Post
    I haven't said anybody should not vote.
    A complete, bald faced, disingenuous lie:


    Quote Originally Posted by AlbqOwl View Post
    I believe we once had a system in which people were not allowed to vote themselves benefits at the expense of others. I would like that system restored.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #617
    Sage
    AlbqOwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,042
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should people on welfare be allowed to vote?[W:504]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    I don't think you actually read the article. It's on what causes poverty in black communities, not whether higher levels of poverty causes violence. I argue that social programs provide an essential role and lower violence because people are less inclined to adhere to violent populist reformers, as well as engage in crime or they risk losing those benefits. This is proven true by the consistent decline of violence in the US and the lack of enduring populist movements in our current system. You claim it's not true because the black community supposedly had lower crime according to some black guy on a weird jewish website. Okay, are you purposely trying to insult my intelligence?
    I read the article, and many others by Walter Williams on the subject. Also I have read many other qualified historians who have written on the subject. And all who approach it from the actual results rather than theory agree that by and large, poverty is not the cause of crime. Williams just happened to be focusing on the black community in that particular piece, but it applies to any other groups you wish to apply it to.

    If you want a 'non-black community' illustration look at the State of Alaska for instance. For years now, Alaska has been consistently at or near the top of the list for the most crime-ridden states, especially in the area of violent crimes. Yet Alaska has been consistently near the top in median income and low poverty rates too.

    I grew up during a period when, by modern standards, most people were poor. But there was virtually no crime more serious than somebody swiping a donut off the counter at the drug store or stealing corn or watermelons from a farmer's field. (Most of us didn't steal the donut but did steal the corn and watermelons.) Of course in those days, corn sold for a penny an ear and you could buy a huge watermelon for a dime.
    "I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin 1776

  8. #618
    Sage
    AlbqOwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,042
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should people on welfare be allowed to vote?[W:504]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    A complete, bald faced, disingenuous lie:
    Try reading that again. Not being allowed to vote oneself benefits at the expense of others is a very different thing than not being allowed to vote.
    "I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin 1776

  9. #619
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 09:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Should people on welfare be allowed to vote?[W:504]

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbqOwl View Post
    Most of us didn't steal the donut but did steal the corn and watermelons.
    So your argument is that even if you had the money to by the corn and the watermelon, you still would steal it.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #620
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,713

    Re: Should people on welfare be allowed to vote?[W:504]

    There is something wrong with a persons thinking when money defines basic rights.
    That the poor are useless and just suck up resources.
    Dammed sad state of affairs and worse is how prevalent it has become.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.

Page 62 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •