View Poll Results: Should be on welfare be allowed to vote?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    99 82.50%
  • No

    15 12.50%
  • Other

    7 5.83%
  • Welcome To Costco I Love You

    11 9.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 61 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 610 of 756

Thread: Should people on welfare be allowed to vote?[W:504]

  1. #601
    Sage
    AlbqOwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,509
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should people on welfare be allowed to vote?[W:504]

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    No one is trampling on your rights just because politician A makes some promise (that likely won't be kept anyway) promised one out of hundreds of things for a group of people, and some of those receiving vote for that person. That politician might have promised hundreds of different things to hundreds or thousands of different groups, for tons of reasons. That doesn't mean everyone who voted for them did so due to any one or more of those promises specifically.
    How do you know? What evidence do you have to show that those on welfare do not vote for the politicians who promise to keep taking care of them?
    "I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin 1776

  2. #602
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Should people on welfare be allowed to vote?[W:504]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    And that's irrelevant to taxation itself because taxation has never been a voluntary matter. Neither sovereigns nor modern states have ever taxed subjects and citizens under anything other than the threat of force. To claim so is absolutely revisionist. If you can name such a system at any period in recorded human history, I'll concede the opposite.

    the constitution is clear.......only states are direct taxed, which is a tax of force.

    indirect taxes are not forced taxes.

    the u.s. have no direct taxes until the civl war, by federal law....which was repealed...when the idea of income /direct taxes was considered again in america government it was deemed unconstitutional until the 16th

  3. #603
    Sage
    AlbqOwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,509
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should people on welfare be allowed to vote?[W:504]

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    lol no the word never was never used. But the OP as I said didn't mean just on welfare issues the intent was all voting. "Should they be allowed to vote while on welfare?"


    I see that you want to all about personal responsibility. Voting is the patriotic responsibility and duty of ALL Americans.
    I have a hard time equating 'patriotic duty' with the incentive to vote for the guy who promises the most freebies.
    "I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin 1776

  4. #604
    Sage
    AlbqOwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,509
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should people on welfare be allowed to vote?[W:504]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    You did not answer the question, you simply repeated your contention. This is not a debate, it is simply you repeating unsubstantiated Randian rhetoric.

    EDIT:

    I already stated that the majority of ABA SNAP recipients work, so yes, they contribute to their own benefits, and when their benefits end and they continue to work, they pay into the system.
    If you don't like my answer, then ask somebody else. I did answer the question.
    "I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin 1776

  5. #605
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Should people on welfare be allowed to vote?[W:504]

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbqOwl View Post
    How do you know? What evidence do you have to show that those on welfare do not vote for the politicians who promise to keep taking care of them?
    Wait, this is YOUR CLAIM TO SUPPORT, you have not done this once at all....period. Further, you are demanding someone to prove a negative.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #606
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,019

    Re: Should people on welfare be allowed to vote?[W:504]

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbqOwl View Post
    It has everything to do with whether poor people are more likely to act out in discontent.
    I don't think you actually read the article. It's on what causes poverty in black communities, not whether higher levels of poverty causes violence. I argue that social programs provide an essential role and lower violence because people are less inclined to adhere to violent populist reformers, as well as engage in crime or they risk losing those benefits. This is proven true by the consistent decline of violence in the US and the lack of enduring populist movements in our current system. You claim it's not true because the black community supposedly had lower crime according to some black guy on a weird jewish website. Okay, are you purposely trying to insult my intelligence?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  7. #607
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Should people on welfare be allowed to vote?[W:504]

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbqOwl View Post
    If you don't like my answer, then ask somebody else. I did answer the question.
    No, you did not, and now you are demanding that someone prove the negative of the question which is still before you.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  8. #608
    Powered by diesel
    EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Grapeview, Washington
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,930

    Re: Should people on welfare be allowed to vote?[W:504]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Bjebus, I wrote "politicians", not a singular "politician". Absolutely dishonest responses avoiding the point will be ignored.
    LOL then by all means ignore me. That's not really a threat
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    No one cares about your stupid hippy logic
    "Be careful of averages, the average person has one breast and one testicle"
    -Dixy Lee Ray

  9. #609
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Should people on welfare be allowed to vote?[W:504]

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbqOwl View Post
    How do you know? What evidence do you have to show that those on welfare do not vote for the politicians who promise to keep taking care of them?
    You are making the contention that they are doing this, and that is why they should not be allowed to vote (or at least that you see that as a valid reason why some may want to deny them that right). Therefore, you must support it with some evidence. You don't know that this is what happening sand people should not be disenfranchised because you think those people might vote for basically politicians you think are promising them something. You claim this harms others.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  10. #610
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Should people on welfare be allowed to vote?[W:504]

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbqOwl View Post
    I have a hard time equating 'patriotic duty' with the incentive to vote for the guy who promises the most freebies.
    So, business groups that ask for subsidies should not vote either?

Page 61 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •