View Poll Results: Should be on welfare be allowed to vote?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    99 82.50%
  • No

    15 12.50%
  • Other

    7 5.83%
  • Welcome To Costco I Love You

    11 9.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 50 of 76 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
Results 491 to 500 of 756

Thread: Should people on welfare be allowed to vote?[W:504]

  1. #491
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 10:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    re: Should people on welfare be allowed to vote?[W:504]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    By ignoring my full response you are clearly showing you do not have the ability to defend against counter-argument.
    no... because your post is incoherent.....

  2. #492
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 09:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Should people on welfare be allowed to vote?[W:504]

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbqOwl View Post
    It is not a diversion from the point I have been discussing the entire time. And it certainly is not non sequitur.
    Yes, it was.

    You already acknowledged that by NOT referring to what point was addressed and to move to discussing something other that what discussed in WHAT WAS QUOTED. You still will not address what I quoted. You want to discuss OTHER THINGS stated by ernst that you agree with.....which was not the topic of what I quoted.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #493
    Sage
    AlbqOwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,635
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Should people on welfare be allowed to vote?[W:504]

    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Contrarian View Post
    So...one's wealth or ownership of property should be used to judge whether one should vote on issues that affect oneself? What about those who are of equal (or greater) intelligence and ability, but whose situation prevented them from achieving wealth or ownership of property? And then there's those who inherited their wealth and prosperity - should they be the only ones who are allowed to vote on issues that affect them?

    And you imply, then, that the poor should only be allowed to vote on issues that affect them...and this requires, then, that they would also be voting on issues that affect their poverty...but you also imply that their vote could not affect in any way those who are wealthy and propertied. By the same token, then, the rich could not be allowed to vote on issues that affect the poor...and the very concept is flatly impossible.

    The very concept is nauseating.

    Go read about the French Revolution sometime, and find out just how bad class warfare can get.
    Why don't you offer a rebuttal to what I actually said instead of translating it into something I didn't say?
    "I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin 1776

  4. #494
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 09:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Should people on welfare be allowed to vote?[W:504]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    no... because your post is incoherent.....
    Which you did not show, so this is still avoidance and an admission of defeat.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #495
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 10:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    re: Should people on welfare be allowed to vote?[W:504]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Crikey, still trying to argue that income tax is un-Constitutional....sigh

    you see..here you are wrong.....i did not say forced taxation was unconstitutional......i said.....it VIOLATES the founding principles of america......please show me you know something.

  6. #496
    Sage
    AlbqOwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,635
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Should people on welfare be allowed to vote?[W:504]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Yes, it was.

    You already acknowledged that by NOT referring to what point was addressed and to move to discussing something other that what discussed in WHAT WAS QUOTED. You still will not address what I quoted. You want to discuss OTHER THINGS stated by ernst that you agree with.....which was not the topic of what I quoted.
    I disagree, but I just don't have the energy or interest to get into it. Let's just say I acknowledge your opinion.
    "I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin 1776

  7. #497
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 10:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    re: Should people on welfare be allowed to vote?[W:504]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Which you did not show, so this is still avoidance and an admission of defeat.
    when you can sting something together which makes sense of the law, i can answer until then i cant because i don't know what to focus on from you.

  8. #498
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 09:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Should people on welfare be allowed to vote?[W:504]

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbqOwl View Post
    There is no inequality in society unless the wealth held by some prevents others from acquiring wealth. And nobody here has yet made a good argument for how the rich are preventing the poor from becoming rich just because the rich are rich.
    FFS! Your previous statement that started this entire exchange between us runs completely counter to this statement:

    But the fact is, the more prosperous and productive others are, the more opportunity there is to increase their own wealth. You don't prosper by buying and selling property when nobody can afford to participate in the process.

    You are arguing for the EXPANSION of participation in property ownership/egalitarianism and away from oligarchy/monopoly/domination of wealth. You don't get to 2-faced argue that property owners should have greater standing when it comes to VOTING.

    The most dangerous inequality in society is to give power to people who suffer no negative consequences of any kind and in fact enrich themselves by what they can require of others at the expense of those others.
    Nothing is going to get you to see the irony of this position, the wealthy gain all the time by restricting the voice of those less wealthy.
    Last edited by Gimmesometruth; 04-25-15 at 04:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #499
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 09:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Should people on welfare be allowed to vote?[W:504]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    when you can sting something together which makes sense of the law, i can answer until then i cant because i don't know what to focus on from you.
    FFS....you try to complain about the incomprehensible incomprehensibly!
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #500
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 10:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    re: Should people on welfare be allowed to vote?[W:504]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    FFS....you try to complain about the incomprehensible incomprehensibly!
    as i said, when you are string something together talk to me.

    but i cant respond to something which is all over the place, and incoherent

Page 50 of 76 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •