View Poll Results: Should be on welfare be allowed to vote?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    99 82.50%
  • No

    15 12.50%
  • Other

    7 5.83%
  • Welcome To Costco I Love You

    11 9.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 47 of 76 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 756

Thread: Should people on welfare be allowed to vote?[W:504]

  1. #461
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,667

    re: Should people on welfare be allowed to vote?[W:504]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    how can you be stopped from acquiring property ...
    Are you seriously going to ignore the history of minority discrimination of property purchases....and then understand that law ending said discrimination was created?

    Step down from your Ivory Tower.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumpf
    "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters."
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #462
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 10:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,333

    re: Should people on welfare be allowed to vote?[W:504]

    Quote Originally Posted by Nilly View Post
    Because, as I already said, without the means to exercise a right, the fact that it is 'natural' is meaningless.

    Legislature by the rich may not be able to remove the actual right to property, but it can certainly hinder the ability to acquire the means by which one acquires property. Which in effect, causes the same thing.
    ok, i going to concede to your point...however both sides poor and rich can use the system for their benefit....

    however if we had stayed true to no forced taxation, and the social welfare state not being created, we would have have this issue which currently on the table..which is people voting for politicians who promise them material goods and sevices.

    the super rich to not vote to get whether want from congress by voting, but by lobbying and promising to help reelect and bribe.

  3. #463
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,667

    re: Should people on welfare be allowed to vote?[W:504]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    ok, i going to concede to your point...however both sides poor and rich can use the system for their benefit....

    however if we had stayed true to no forced taxation, and the social welfare state not being created, we would have have this issue which currently on the table..which is people voting for politicians who promise them material goods and sevices.

    the super rich to not vote to get whether want from congress by voting, but by lobbying and promising to help reelect and bribe.
    Hogwash, and you are arguing for a return to the denial of voting rights for those without real property, you want voting only for White male property owners.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumpf
    "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters."
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #464
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,463

    re: Should people on welfare be allowed to vote?[W:504]

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    Your logic takes away the right to vote from: ALL public servants. That includes the entire military, even retired war veterans. All Government employee's, renter's/leases, snowbirds, etc.

    In fact to take away more voters rights all a government would have to do is change the tax code.
    Why should public servants be allowed to vote?

  5. #465
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 10:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,333

    re: Should people on welfare be allowed to vote?[W:504]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Are you seriously going to ignore the history of minority discrimination of property purchases....and then understand that law ending said discrimination was created?

    Step down from your Ivory Tower.
    discrimination.......what does the constitution say?

    it states that governments will not discriminate.

    it states that privileges are granted[by government] then they must be granted to everyone....unless the state can show its in the interest to to grant such a privilege via a court.

    nothing in constitutional law states that a person cannot discriminate...because the constitution does not apply to Citizens or business.

    the constitution only prohibits, treason, counterfeiting, piracy, slavery and tax evasion...via federal law.

  6. #466
    Not liberal/conservative
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,463

    re: Should people on welfare be allowed to vote?[W:504]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Why should public servants be allowed to vote?
    Because they are Americans duh.

  7. #467
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,463

    re: Should people on welfare be allowed to vote?[W:504]

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    Because they are Americans duh.
    So what? So are seventeen year olds and they can't vote.

  8. #468
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 10:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,333

    re: Should people on welfare be allowed to vote?[W:504]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Hogwash, and you are arguing for a return to the denial of voting rights for those without real property, you want voting only for White male property owners.
    how would i want that?......

    what i want is a end to forced taxation, and the social welfare system,. so the problem of using voting by people for material goods and services, will not be a factor..

    my post has nothing to do with race or sex.......you only wish to mix that into the threads i have talked about, for the instrument of demonization.....which is a tactic used on this forum many times.

  9. #469
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,667

    re: Should people on welfare be allowed to vote?[W:504]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    discrimination.......what does the constitution say?

    it states that governments will not discriminate.

    it states that privileges are granted[by government] then they must be granted to everyone....unless the state can show its in the interest to to grant such a privilege via a court.

    nothing in constitutional law states that a person cannot discriminate...because the constitution does not apply to Citizens or business.
    Uh, government was discriminating against ownership of property by minorities, it happened because people through the arm of govt believed they could discriminate against minority ownership of property. The right of those minorities had to be established in law before it was protected.

    See how that works?

    A guy with a gun expanding on "natural rights" is not guaranteed anything.

    the constitution only prohibits, treason, counterfeiting, piracy, slavery and tax evasion...via federal law.
    Wrong, the Constitution prohibits the infringement of voting rights of many classes too, your absolute is shot down again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumpf
    "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters."
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #470
    stb
    Nilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Beantown
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:29 PM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,485

    re: Should people on welfare be allowed to vote?[W:504]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    how would i want that?......

    what i want is a end to forced taxation, and the social welfare system,. so the problem of using voting by people for material goods and services, will not be a factor..

    my post has nothing to do with race or sex.......you only wish to mix that into the threads i have talked about, for the instrument of demonization.....which is a tactic used on this forum many times.
    Then I would suggest you do a Richard Branson and find your own island in the pacific. Taxation and welfare are part of what make the most prosperous and desirable countries in the world prosperous and desirable. Do you think it's a coincidence that all the most highly developed countries in the world have a strong taxation system and social safety net?
    "Education is the only thing you can do that will change society. Everything else is just a band-aid." - Jacqueline de Chollet
    "Democracy cannot succeed unless those who express their choice are prepared to choose wisely. The real safeguard of democracy, therefore, is education" - FDR

Page 47 of 76 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •